• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Malkin's penalty rescinded (merged)

Rate this topic

simple fix to this sit maltby, dress Downey and say have your way with every pens player on the ice. We can then see how tough orpik, cooke, sid, malkin, hell even dress that ***** godard and let downey run throw them all

The league rescinded it already? Why even have the rule, if twice in the same playoffs it is called and never enforced. I know e will love this: doesn't the NHL have the best officials, and they are right 99.9% of the time? Might as well take the rule out. Must be a regular season only rule.

And, I do believe that is Zetterbergs only 5 minute major penalty. His chances for any lady bing is done.

Edited by CenterIce

This is total bulls***. Rules are the rules. If this were ANY other team this wouldn't happen, even if it was Ovie.

"47.22 Fines and Suspensions - Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc."

not only did the nhl rescind it, but bettman noticed malkin seemed a little too tense--so he's going to work malkin's pipes and swallow the gravy before game 3.

LMFAO! Well put my friend! :thumbup:

When I noticed in the box score that Malkin got the instigator, I said to my sister, the nhl is going to "review the incicent" and change the on-ice call. Sad that the NHL is so predictable.

Whatever though. I remember pronger was suspended in the playoffs for one game and the wings ended up losing anyways, and then going on to win the series.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

"47.22 Fines and Suspensions - Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc."

I guess he got off on good behavior.

He spazzied and then swung his stick. Also he tried to throw some sissy punch and i think in his new born frustration punched the ice.... what a clown! LOL!

Good job by Zata to keep his cool and keep his gloves on.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. Basically, its like the "intent to blow" rule, No black and white, and a whole lot of gray area... Im not surprised.

Ha Ha hey just posted that in the pensforum

NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

got me a quick ban from that site

lot of bitchin in there

wings in 4

NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

lot of bitchin in there

wings in 4

Well Thank god they are letting him play. I mean, it's not like he missed the All Star game. :rolleyes:

Doesn't surprise me that the league decides to ignore their own rulebook. Pissed, yeah, but not surprised. Malkin should sit Game 3, but in the end, it's not going to matter if he sits or not, because we know who will be the ones hoisting the cup, again ;)

lot of bitchin in there

wings in 4

Things like that can earn you a ban from here as well. LGW does not condone trolling other boards. Bad for all those involved.

Oh well having Malkin out maybe something Pittsburgh can rally around, just like what we did, and still are, with the Lidstrom and Datsyuk injuries. Keep that puss Malkin in there so he can continue to be stopped by Ozzie and our D.

Bob McKenzie's justification for the rescission was mind-numbingly stupid. He said that the rule exists to prevent players from "sending a message for the next game." If that were the case, it wouldn't apply in the regular season, because no one bothers to "send a message" to a team that they probably wont play again any time soon. The rule is unequivocal and the NHL's decision not to enforce it is bulls***.

Things like that can earn you a ban from here as well. LGW does not condone trolling other boards. Bad for all those involved.

To defend Mr. D, if thats all he said, thats not trolling.

Doesn't surprise me that the league decides to ignore their own rulebook. Pissed, yeah, but not surprised. Malkin should sit Game 3, but in the end, it's not going to matter if he sits or not, because we know who will be the ones hoisting the cup, again ;)

doesn't surprise me that you guys don't know the rule book.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280536

"The intent of the rule is pretty obvious - was the action premeditated, was it sending a message," explained NHL on TSN's Bob McKenzie following the game. "Evgeni Malkin was on the ice trying to score a goal at the end of the game. This one was born more out of frustration, then it was the Penguins trying to orchestrate some late game shenanigans, that is what the rule was put in place for and that is why the NHL reserves the right to rescind the rule if they feel the spirit of the rule is not being violated."

Deep down you guys know you have been outplayed 2 games and are lucky to be ahead. This series is just getting started. Good luck in game three.