• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Malkin's penalty rescinded (merged)

Rate this topic

I would at this time like to quote my good friend Walter Sobchak from the Big Lebowski

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowlinghockey. There are rules"

Rule sucks and I couldnt give a s*** less whether Geno or Genie or Malks or Melts or whatever the hell they call him plays or not !!!

I would at this time like to quote my good friend Walter Sobchak from the Big Lebowski

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowlinghockey. There are rules"

Rule sucks and I couldnt give a s*** less whether Geno or Genie or Malks or Melts or whatever the hell they call him plays or not !!!

haha "over the line, mark it zero!!"

shouldnt he also be suspended for fighting and not having his jersey tied down...came off pretty quick and easy...or am i missing something...besides that he is a penguin :blink:

brutus

correct me if im wrong but didnt colin campbell review this play? and doesnt he absolutely love the wings? and pronger would be suspended based on reputation. malkin was frustrated and his emotions got the best of him. he wasnt out there trying to injure zetterberg, i dont even know if he was sending a message. i just think he was pissed off and let out some rage. dont get me wrong, as a wings fan, i was hoping malkin was out, but as a hockey fan, without malkin game 3 could be a very lopsided and boring stanley cup finals game, so it might be better anyways. plus hopefully he gets frustrated easily and takes more dumb penalties

When I throw fists at someone else my intention is to hurt that person. Period.

The game was over, and malkin went after Hank. malkin instigated the whole thing. Rage, caught up in the emotion of the game, whatever you want to call it. The NHL is once again being inconsistent.

Like I have said though, Im not surprised.

Like it's been said...Not another excuse why the Penguins will lose Game 3...Game 1 was lucky bounces, Game 2 was the Wings got away with penalties, Game 3...let's just have them win.

I don't care either way about Malkin, it's not about getting him off the ice, the Wings have shown they are ok with his point a night. My main problem comes with the way the league tries to spin things; like we'll eat up anything, like we're idiots. When we are knowledgeable hockey fans that can see exactly what's going on.

Main problem I have with this is they are saying it is not the same thing because Malkin was out there to score a goal, not send a message. But it wasn't Zetts and Malkin in the scrum at first, it's not like they were shoving eachother and then started fighting. Malkin came from around the net to get at Zetterberg and started swinging away on him to send a message for the next game...the exact reason the rule was made.

If that was a tough guy - suspension stands, but since Malkin can also score goals??? Typical NHL behavior that makes them look like the joke they are.

but it doesn't matter. Wings are still winning the Cup.

What did they think would happen? Why did they think it would turn out any different!?!? GO WINGS!!!

shouldnt he also be suspended for fighting and not having his jersey tied down...came off pretty quick and easy...or am i missing something...besides that he is a penguin :blink:

brutus

Unfortunately, if they did that then they would have to suspend Zetts as well as his came off pretty easily as well.

This is absolute bush league by the NHL, if one of the Wings pulled that at the end of the game they would not turn around and rescind that.

When I throw fists at someone else my intention is to hurt that person. Period.

The game was over, and malkin went after Hank. malkin instigated the whole thing. Rage, caught up in the emotion of the game, whatever you want to call it. The NHL is once again being inconsistent.

Like I have said though, Im not surprised.

unfortunately i think they are being very consistent. Scott Neiedermeyer didnt get suspended, Walker didnt get suspended, Cammalleri didnt get suspended. what suspensions were there? the only one i can think of was carcillo, which was basically the same as cammalleri, but it was at the end of the game and carcillo should never have been out there or taking the draw for that matter, so i can see how the situation warranted a suspension.

unfortunately i think they are being very consistent. Scott Neiedermeyer didnt get suspended, Walker didnt get suspended, Cammalleri didnt get suspended. what suspensions were there? the only one i can think of was carcillo, which was basically the same as cammalleri, but it was at the end of the game and carcillo should never have been out there or taking the draw for that matter, so i can see how the situation warranted a suspension.

I dont care what the name or number is on the jersey. If the NHL wants to make a rule that say you cannot instigate in the last 5 minutes of a game without taking a suspension, make it black and white, and enforce it if you want it to stop. Thats all im saying.

Edit: Im not mad, I just want some CONSISTENCY in the NHL , thats all.

Edited by Statts

him and z went at it...z dished out a few with gloves on...let 'em f***in' play.

if malkin's out over some technicality, it will give pens fans a reason to *****. let him play, and let's beat 'em anyway, IMO. all the sweeter if they can't ***** about reffing, the league, etc. f*** 'em.

Look, look, look. We ALL knew Malkin wasn't going to be suspended. (By all, I mean the entire f-ing planet.) But...as a league trying to gain a legitimate foothold in the nations sports attention span, they could have at least pretended to take a little while to review all the facts. Not doing so makes them look bush league, when pretty much anyone can look at the rule and interpret it two different ways.

Look, look, look. We ALL knew Malkin wasn't going to be suspended. (By all, I mean the entire f-ing planet.) But...as a league trying to gain a legitimate foothold in the nations sports attention span, they could have at least pretended to take a little while to review all the facts. Not doing so makes them look bush league, when pretty much anyone can look at the rule and interpret it two different ways.

No need. It was obviously a heat of the moment thing. No premeditation, no suspension. I don't think it has anything to do with league agenda at all. Just a no brainer. If the Pens were gonna send a message to the Wings... do you really think they would send in Malkin?

Edited by Broken 16

him and z went at it...z dished out a few with gloves on...let 'em f***in' play.

if malkin's out over some technicality, it will give pens fans a reason to *****. let him play, and let's beat 'em anyway, IMO. all the sweeter if they can't ***** about reffing, the league, etc. f*** 'em.

No need. It was obviously a heat of the moment thing. No premeditation, no suspension. I don't think it has anything to do with league agenda at all. Just a no brainer. If the Pens were gonna send a message to the Wings... do you really think they would send in Malkin?

Thank you, gentlemen. Everyone getting up in arms needs to seriously get over things. Malkin hardly stomped on Z's leg with a skate or chopped him in the head with his stick. He's a competitive kid, and his emotions got the better of him. No one got hurt (thankfully), so lettem play. I actually gained a little respect for Geno tonight, despite him attacking one of my favorite players.

This is the Cup Finals, not a daycare center.

There should never be a call made on the ice that is an automatic suspension. Match penalties can be handed out so they are out of that game, but a suspension should come from the league. Remove any thing that says it results in an automatic suspension based solely on the call on the ice.

Make one rule that covers suspensions. "ALL ON ICE CONDUCT IS REVIEWED BY THE LEAGUE AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION".

What gets me is the "criteria" from the nhl rulebook that says basically it wasn't message sending nor was it payback for a previous situation..

Off the top of my head I can think of two things that do meet that criteria.

Malkin is trying to send a message, he's upset with the way that the Wings are playing him and Crysby. And the other reason... payback, he's trying to get even for the Wings making him look silly last year in the finals, what did he finish with... One goal and that was in game 6.

There's two legit reasons right there which meet the NHL criteria for why he should be suspended according to the rule.

Plus forgotten in all of this is that Bylesma also got a break on what would have been a $10,000 fine for the coach.

*** topic. Shouldn't even be an issue. Some of the best fights I've ever seen happened in the last 5 minutes.

Let Malkin play. The rule is dumb. I should be abolished completely or amended, and made specific. I don't like the fact that it's so open to interpretation any more than the next guy. Why have rules, if they're open to interpretation? It's like saying, "Limo" IS a word in scrabble cause it's in common usage, while another guy argues that the real word is longer.

Let him play. Who cares. Arguing that a player should be suspended for a fight is petty. He didn't interfere with the play. He was called on the penalty, as was Talbot, which pretty much ensured Detroit won. What more punishment do they need?

The penalties were called. A Suspension is just freaking rediculous. If you're nervous about game 3 I can understand that you'd want a start player OUT of the game, but he didn't do anything more than hundreds of players have done for nearly a hundred years.

If I see anyone saying he "SHOULD" be kicked out for this, I disown you as a fellow Wings fan. Did any of you see the 96, 97, playoffs?

Jesus man. It's part of the game. I was quite excited to see Malkin throw with Zett.

Since when do we get excited about a fight, cause I know sure as hell everyone was standing, cheering, and rooting one way or another, to then later fall back on a suspension technicallity?

Some of you make me sick. I know most of you agree, but some of you are obviously very poor fans of hockey.

If I see anyone saying he "SHOULD" be kicked out for this, I disown you as a fellow Wings fan. Did any of you see the 96, 97, playoffs?

Ah, but here's the thing.

Back in 1996 and 1997, that wasn't a rule, it is now...

Also back in 1996 and 1997, you couldn't be a hair in the crease and you would have had your goal waived off (unless you're Buffalo and Dallas in 1999), but that rule has now been changed.

You're not calling a game in the 2009 playoffs according to the rules of 1996 and 1997.

In terms of legitimacy: Uday Hussein>NHL Administration.

Honestly I feel like NHL hockey has no consistent rules and is so desperate to have their stars carry their way that they turn the other cheek when it comes to discipline for them. God only knows if the other team is reckless and takes 3 penalties in a row, you know your team is going to get called if the other team's center trips on the blue line. It is becoming unwatchable for me; a true fan who loves any brand of hockey.

The NHL is just as bad as the NBA when it comes down to the officiating deciding games. This doesn't apply just for the Wings either, its any team, save for a select few that are the keys to "promoting the game: (which doesn't really make sense cause the Wings are the most popular team). NHL officiating=WWE officiating.