• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sdogg1m

Wierd Stat

Rate this topic

Funked up mentioned that Detroit was 6-0 in Game 2s since losing to Montreal in 1954. I thought he was wrong as Detroit lost game two to New Jersey in the 1995 Stanley Cup finals but then ESPN repeats the same stat.

Game notes

Pittsburgh D Philippe Boucher was scratched from the lineup and replaced by LW Pascal Dupuis. The Penguins had been using seven defensemen. ... Fedotenko had a three-game goal streak snapped. ... Detroit is 10-1 at home in the playoffs. ... The Red Wings are 6-0 in Game 2s of the finals since losing to Montreal in 1954, outscoring opponents 25-9.

Am I missing something? Does the 1995 Stanley Cup Finals not count?

Article: http://espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=290531005

Edited by sdogg1m

sdogg1m,

It's awesome to see you on these boards. It's no small comfort that even if you are in the heart of Preds territory that you're still letting your Red Wings flag fly.

LOL! I think there are more Wings fans in TN then Pred fans!

I am always taking in a game at the Sommet Center. I have actually never seen a Wings game at the Joe. I did have a change to get 1 Game Five ticket but it was for $514.00

I also liked how when Helm scored the Chicago series winner the announcers first announced that it was great that it was his first career playoff goal and then later that it was his 5th career playoff goal without rescinding the first statement.

He's not the only one. ;)

sdogg1m,

It's awesome to see you on these boards. It's no small comfort that even if you are in the heart of Preds territory that you're still letting your Red Wings flag fly.