• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I sure hope they were telling the truth when they said the x-rays were negative... if that's the case he should be back sometime in the series, if not, he's done for the year.

Leino will sit for Datsyuk, Abdelkader is Draper's 'replacement'. You don't sit a guy who is scoring on a goal-a-game pace in the Finals :)

I don't think that his foot is broken, but if he is having trouble turning etc. could that point to an ankle injury? He'll have all summer to rest up, so I don't think that the doctors will have a huge problem with 'aggravating' it, so long as it isn't serious.

I was one of the people who was thinking that he was going to be back for game 1. Now he may be in 'day-to-day à la Rafalski' mode, which could mean anything. I hope to get him back soon.

he will have a long time to get rest/patched up.. even if he's not 100%, please play the next game and see how it goes.. if we could go up 3-0, and he was hurting, that'd be fine..

then maybe we can finish them off without him

Edited by ilmickeyli

We could really use him for the games in Pittsburgh. Bylsma is going to get Crosby away from Z, so having Pavel as the no.2 shutdown center would be very helpful.

I hope we see him in Game 3, but I doubt it.

Would Dats be healthy enough to play through a physical series, and are the Wings willing to risk worstening the injury? Would he be able to contribute physically as he had throughout these playoffs?

I agree. I'm more concerned with his health long term.

Babcock's son (in an excerpted quote in today's Windsor Star) says Pavel can "hardly walk". Coach Babcock did say Datsyuk is working very hard to get back.

Babcock's son (in an excerpted quote in today's Windsor Star) says Pavel can "hardly walk". Coach Babcock did say Datsyuk is working very hard to get back.

I believe he's done for the playoff's,but they don't want to say that.

I hope that Dats would be back for Game 3 and the rest of the games. I just hope he can come back close to 100%. I know that is close to impossible but if he can come back and have a postive influence for the Wings I think this will be good. He's a great player and even though the Wings have done well without him it would be that much better to have him back and become an offensive threat again. Let's Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dimaline312000

Guest mindfly

I wonder how pavel would feel if detroit would win the cup this year and he basically was invisible the 3 last regular season games + entire playoffs... bittersweet feeling for sure?

Edited by mindfly

Actually Babcock told a story to reports that his son said that Pavel could barely walk and Babs told his kid that if he (his kid) worked out as much as the players do he (his kid) wouldn't be able to walk as well. I believe that was one of the last two or three press conferences.

As for those who believe Pavel has been invisible when he was playing... just because you're not scoring goals doesn't mean you're invisible. Pavel was key in shutting down the opposing top lines. I'm sure Zata wants him back as much as we do to help shut down Crosby and Malkin.

I wonder how pavel would feel if detroit would win the cup this year and he basically was invisible the 3 last regular season games + entire playoffs... bittersweet feeling for sure?

You need to work on more positivity in your posts....

If Dats was out for the POs for sure I think they would just say that aka Schneider a few years ago. I think he will be back this series but it's getting a little nerve racking waiting around. Raffy suddenly came back from his mysterious injury, so did Franzen last year, so I am hopeful....

In 1999 my favorite Minor League hockey team was going for their first Championship and one of the players that was the biggest part of a game 6 and Cup Clinching Vitory had played with a broken leg I'm not sure how long it was broken but through the series his leg was broken and he played but the reason he was able to play is the Dr.'s and Team Medical Staff froze it so that he couldn't feel the pain. With the Cup on the line I'm just wondering if that is an option for Dats wether his leg is broken or not.?.?

BTW: The player that had the broken leg scored 3 goals in that game and helped the team come from behind in the game 5-2 to win the Game and the Cup 6-5

Edited by Dimaline312000

Guest mindfly
You need to work on more positivity in your posts....

If Dats was out for the POs for sure I think they would just say that aka Schneider a few years ago. I think he will be back this series but it's getting a little nerve racking waiting around. Raffy suddenly came back from his mysterious injury, so did Franzen last year, so I am hopeful....

I'm just saying... compared to last year he was dynamic...

Thing is, if you don't say nice/possitive things all the time about red wings players on this forum people start complaining and whining.. I think it's obvious that it's unlikely datsyuk will return this series, it's probably 2-4 games left, played every other day, the dude could hardly walk yesterday according to reports and he couldnt push when skating nor turn in a way he should be...Datsyuk must feel like s*** though, a player like him must get on the scoresheet simple as that, i admire his defensive skillz but if he don't produce you have the right to complain and be worried about him.