• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Datsyuk

Rate this topic

With Pav coming back will take a big part of the work Zet is doing right now plus s***burg need to have at least 2 D watching Pav when he is on the ice that will give more space for Fil. Hos, and the rest of the gung. With that said we need him even at 70% of his health, play him limited time and he will be fine.

my logic is fine... the replacements for Dats have been amazing soooo as he won't be 100% till next year most likely... leave him out

he is already a no-go for game 3 and the series will end in game 4... no Dats=no Problem

Where is everyone coming up with him being out in gm3? I have not read anything suggesting that, in fact, I read that he is doing very good.

How do you not play Draper over Holmstrom if Draper is healthy. That's what I want to know.

Because Draper doesn't stand in front of the net screening the goalie and he doesn't get cross-checked in the back every 2 seconds while doing so.

Can't say how I know but Pavel did you see Dat(syuk) will be in the lineup for game 3 for shizzle. Coach Cock best not put him and Big Hoss on a line together, it just doesn't work. Keep Flip and Hoss 2gether and reunite the ZDH line plz BCock!!!

if he does not come back he is still a big part of why the wings are where their at, and the pens right now have to factor in the possibility of seeing pavel until actual game time. right now i think besides z, helm could be the go to guy to frustrate crosby. here's to pavel being able to come back strong and healthy.

per mlive he has been cleared to play and Babcock told Dats its on him to determine if he is ready or not.

Can you link the article? I just scoured Mlive looking for it and I can't find it. The only one I can find is one from yesterday which says he is out.

yahoo Linky

DETROIT (AP)—Red Wings coach Mike Babcock says Kris Draper(notes) is able to play but he might sit the gritty forward in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Babcock said Monday he’s reluctant to change his lineup because his team is leading the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-0.

Pavel Datsyuk(notes), who has been out with a foot injury, is not expected to play Tuesday night at Pittsburgh.

The defending champions beat the Penguins in the first two games of the series, taking a 2-0 lead against them for the second straight year in the Cup finals.

Probably this from MLive:

NHL.com's Shawn P. Roarke provided an update on the status of Red Wings forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Kris Draper, per Wings coach Mike Babcock, in his off-day update...

June 1, NHL.com: "They had another look at him today and everything seems to be fine," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said at the team's media session at downtown hotel here this afternoon. "Now, it's up to him."

Yet, Tuesday seems unlikely as Datsyuk is still aggressively rehabbing the injury. Plus, Babcock has the cushion of a 2-0 series lead. It allows him to be patient with Datsyuk, instead of rushing him back.

That's why Kris Draper is unlikely to make a return in Game 3. According to Babcock, Draper was cleared for play on Sunday, but Babcock has liked what he has seen from his current lineup in forging back-to-back 3-1 victories.

"I don't know what I'm doing," Babcock said when asked about his lineup for Game 3. "I'm not a big change guy, especially when things are going good. We'll see."

Probably this from MLive:

NHL.com's Shawn P. Roarke provided an update on the status of Red Wings forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Kris Draper, per Wings coach Mike Babcock, in his off-day update...

June 1, NHL.com: "They had another look at him today and everything seems to be fine," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said at the team's media session at downtown hotel here this afternoon. "Now, it's up to him."

Yet, Tuesday seems unlikely as Datsyuk is still aggressively rehabbing the injury. Plus, Babcock has the cushion of a 2-0 series lead. It allows him to be patient with Datsyuk, instead of rushing him back.

That's why Kris Draper is unlikely to make a return in Game 3. According to Babcock, Draper was cleared for play on Sunday, but Babcock has liked what he has seen from his current lineup in forging back-to-back 3-1 victories.

"I don't know what I'm doing," Babcock said when asked about his lineup for Game 3. "I'm not a big change guy, especially when things are going good. We'll see."

If Wings win tonight then Datsyuk will play game 4 with very little ice time.

I really hope Pavs can come back tonight from reading all of these posts I'd say he may not be back or than again he may. If he does come back he would play a huge part in Detroit's game tonight. I'm very nervous about this game. I hope the Wings can fight through this Conspiracy Theory and Win the Stanley Cup again. Let's Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just heard on XM that Datsuk was skating 'very hard' during practice today. EJ Hradek was interviewed and said Babcock told him Datsuk will definitely NOT play for game 3 but the chances of him in game 4 have increased based on the practice today.

I doubt its even his foot. If you look at the play where they think he was hurt, it looks like his hip. He could have something far more serious than originally thought. Dislocation, Hip flexor..whatever- and that would definately cause limping ect.

I think he is out for the season....no one misses 6 games with a bruised foot. I hope I am wrong but being day to day EVERY DAY is way too suspect. He is hurt