• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingNut78

Osgood has the the best winning % in Cup Final history

Rate this topic

It's true. Among goalies who have played 10 or more games in the SCF, Ozzie has the highest winning % (it was .818 after last game, so now..)

Ozzie sucks and is the weakest link. Worst goalie to ever be great.

Or something like that.

Ozzie has to be a lock for the hall of fame after this playoff run. It's funny, years from now everyone will be talking about how quietly Ozzie dominated these past few years. One of the greatest.

Chris Osgood boosted his career record in the Stanley Cup finals to 9-2 (.818). That's the highest winning percentage by any of the 34 goaltenders with 10 or more decisions in Stanley Cup finals history.

MLive

Incredible. I wonder if someone can find his save % and GAA for the SCF.

Couldn't find those stats specifically for the SCF, but I was able to find his playoff stats. Osgood's stats in years in which the Red Wings were in the SCF:

1998 Playoffs

.918 SV%

2.12 GAA

2008 Playoffs

.930 SV%

1.55 GAA

2009 Playoffs

.930 SV%

1.95 GAA

Edited by Mike

Couldn't find those stats specifically for the SCF, but I was able to find his playoff stats. Osgood's stats in years in which the Red Wings were in the SCF:

1998 Playoffs

.918 SV%

2.12 GAA

2008 Playoffs

.930 SV%

1.55 GAA

2009 Playoffs

.930 SV%

1.95 GAA

good find! thanks :thumbup:

but, but Osgood is horrible, they should bench him for the playoffs, send him to the minors, yada, yada,

...what?! I'm two months late and look like a complete tool?

Go Ozzy!

Osgood is the reason that detroit is up 2-0 in this series. If he holds the pens to one goal on Tuesday I think he will be MVP of the series hands down.

I wonder how many of you all were against Osgood when he was down on his luck over the regular season; and are now praising his ass left right and centre?

Sadly, I am kinda guilty, as the worst I thought was "bench his ass a few games"

I wonder how many of you all were against Osgood when he was down on his luck over the regular season; and are now praising his ass left right and centre?

Sadly, I am kinda guilty, as the worst I thought was "bench his ass a few games"

I pretty much see this same mentality every year, but I've also seen Ozzie win two cups as starter, and one as backup.

Anyone who talks sh*t about Osgood is a tool.

I will never understand why so many people will come to the forums, and bash a player after a short string of games?

There was a Hossa thread declaring that he should basically be burned as a witch, because his playoff performance hasn't been that great. Oh sure ignore that he lead the team in goals all year, and has 3 two goal games in the playoffs.

Osgood isn't underrated by anyone but HIS FANS. Everyone knows he can win in the playoffs, and he proves it every single year. What happened when we got rid of Osgood and tried Cujo? Losses. Who stepped in for a faltering Hasek last year? Osgood.

Some of you need to quit being so short sighted.

HELM IS AWESOME. Helm sucks today. HELM IS AWESOME. Nope sucks again, cause he didn't score a few games. NOW HE'S AWESOME AGAIN!

Hossa is a tool. HOSSA IS AWESOME!!!! GREAT PICKUP!!! Hossa, tool. NO AWESOME AGAIN!!!!!

Some of you really need to take a pill, and accept that players don't always do what YOU want them to do.

Now there is a Holmstrom "Isn't doing so well" thread? Are you sincerely brain damaged?

After all the man has done, you have the balls to step in and pretend you might actually know more than the scouts, the coaches, the owners, and the players on the ice?

What you see, is maybe half the truth, at any given point, and any given time. "Holmstrom looks out of place" "Holmstrom looks shakey". Alright, I'd like to see your NHL caliber credentials to make those claims? Do you know his injuries? Ever considered maybe he's having a rough night? Ever considered maybe Their D is making him so?

Crosby hasn't scored yet. Should Pittsburgh fans be saying, "Man, this guy really sucks, we were mislead!!!!!"

That's what every single player bashing post on this forum is basically doing.

When you work at the NHL level, or for 99% of you......even try playing hockey, I think a little consideration should be given to shutting up......before speaking.

Two years in a row Datsyuk was invisible in the playoffs. Then, he was a super player. Now, this year he hasn't done much offensively, but how would you rate him overall? Why not make a few "Datsyuk should be benched" posts?

Bottom line: You all like to jump on the newest trend.

Anyone who claims Hossa should be traded, after coming off a team leading goal streak, is an idiot.

Anyone who thinks Osgood hasn't got what it takes, 2 wins from another cup, and 3 cups under his belt, is an idiot.

Anyone who thinks Holmstrom is done, should go dig a big hole and jump in it.

I can proudly say I was never against Osgood. I was complaining about a few other players, but Osgood wasn't one of them. Remember the guy who brought a big sign to game 4 of the finals in 1997 that said, "Vernon, I apologize"? There should be a bunch of forum members that should do the same thing here for Osgood.

Edited by Nightfall

I think a lot of people were down on Ozzie during the regular season, and deservedly so, since even he admitted he's had a horrendous season, but at the same time I think most people also realized he's gonna get it together for the playoffs. I don't think going with Conklin into the playoffs was ever an option for Babcock unless he was forced to, because of an injury.

well, it's one thing to for people to want him benched for a few to get his marbles in order, but this year was bruttal here on the forum for ozzy bashing.

I'm glad he's posting stats to shut em' all up :D

The Wizard of Oz greatness continues!

We are never, ever going to convince everyone that Ozzy should be in the Hall, or what not. But what we can do is win little battles and get people on our side for Ozzy. I know I have convinced a few people over the last year.

Okay found some stuff...according to Yahoo

Osgood improved to 10-2 when an NHL title is on the line, lowered his goals-against average to 1.47 and raised his save percentage to .937 in his 13th appearance.

In the Stanley Cup finals, Ogood is playing exceptionally well. No other goalie in the past 20 years has a better record in his first 12 games, according to STATS, LLC. Martin Brodeur(notes), who backstopped the New Jersey Devils to Cup wins in 1995 and 2000. won nine of his first dozen. He is 15-9 in the finals, behind Patrick Roy at 14-8.

Edited by FunkedUp

1998 Playoffs

.918 SV%

2.12 GAA

2008 Playoffs

.930 SV%

1.55 GAA

2009 Playoffs

.930 SV%

1.95 GAA

I couldn't find exactly minutes played for the 98 Cup Final, so I guesstimated. At worst it's probably 5 seconds off, which doesn't affect anything. Anyways, this is what I got:

1998: .929 Save Pct., 1.64 GAA

2008: .930 Save Pct., 1.47 GAA

2009 (thus far): .969 Save Pct., 1.00 GAA

For a combined total of:

.938 Save Percentage with a 1.38 GAA.

Yeah.

Ozzy! Ozzy! Ozzy! Ozzy!