• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:23 AM

They all need to stop the man love and get there lips off of Crysbys' and Malkinstiens, asses and enjoy the game between 2 very talented teams , Wings in 5!!!!!!!! thumbup.gif goal.gif

#22 DenSter

DenSter

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

I've always been annoyed by Milbury's bias, but it seems like he's turning it around and he's clearly enjoying the Red Wings play, I've noticed that during earlier series and now in the finals. Pierre patheticness is just funny to me, 'his team' is completely outplayed, 3-1 behind in the game, about to go 2-0 for the series, and he keeps saying how things are looking great for the Penguins. Milbury seems to slowly be making up his mind that the Red Wings are actually a great team, and is giving them a lot of respect.

That exchange was hilarious. My favorite quote: Take a chill pill Pierre, you're struggling!! thumbup.gif

#23 RyanK

RyanK

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

I was disgusted with the play by play last night. If you were listening close you could hear the obvious pro-pens talk. It was like I was watching FS Penguins in s***sburg. Things like, "We really need to get some momentum here" and everytime the wings scored or had a nice play "well it looked like hudler got a quick hook in there to get the puck away". Disgusting

#24 umredwing11

umredwing11

Ohh Hot Damn, Dan Is The Man

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

I was irritated at the end when we were obviously going to go up 2-0 in the series and Pierre is like well I'd say a series doesn't truly begin until the home team loses one. That's alright, they can keep hating.
On a side note, in the first period I counted how many times the word "Crosby"--29 times. On the other hand, Zetterberg was mentioned 17 times.

#25 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:01 AM

I think Edzo has been better this year than last. He seemed to be very anti-Wings last season. This year I don't see it as much. He kept it down a little during the Hawks series. Pierre gets going. Some days he's pro-Wings another he'll be pro-whoever else. His I don't believe a team is out of it until they lose on home ice was getting to me. how many times did he say that at the end of the game? While they do need to win EVERY home game to stay in it the Wings can keep winning at home and it won't matter. I haven't been able to stand CBC this playoff either they seemed to be very anti-Wings during the 2nd round. not enough Canadians I'm guessing? But Grapes did pick the Wings to win the Cup though which surprised the hell out of me.

But I'm sticking with VS/NBC cause since I've watched them the Wings are 6-0. Started game 3 of the last round on CBC and the Wings went down 3-0. Went over the VS and the Wings tied it. So gotta keep a good thing going.

Edited by StevieY9802, 01 June 2009 - 08:03 AM.

#26 lnvincible

lnvincible

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Crymson @ June 1, 2009 - 02:21AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pierre is worse. Mike Milbury seems to like the Wings, though.

I liked his "Oh, here's your tissue, Pierre."

Your right, Pierre is sooo backed up on the pens nuts its funny. Mike Milbury says it how it is tongue.gif

#27 NYCWings

NYCWings

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

There's no reason to get worked up about "biased" announcers.

Also remember, NBC, etc. would like to have some ratings if they get to show another game.... I'm sure they say some of this stuff so that the casual sports fan tuning in will get the idea that there's still a reason to watch even though the Wings swept the first 2 games.

#28 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Crymson @ June 1, 2009 - 12:21AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was hilarious last night.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#29 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, it was bad in the Chicago series, which I suppose is like asking Mickey to do national broadcast and not be biased, but still, their are other commentators who did other games, don't know why we had Olcyk the whole time. Finals he has continued his "Red Wings interference" foil-hat theory to the point that every play a Red Wing bumps a Penguin when both players are simply owning their ice you'll hear Edzo pop in with "more subtle interference by the Red Wings".

Let it go, Eddy.

Edited by b.shanafan14, 01 June 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#30 talex

talex

Tom

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Icesurfer @ June 1, 2009 - 01:11AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is so comical to listen to this ding-dong. The whole game he spent looking for any little indiscretion the Wings committed so the Pitts could get a power play. Does he have to make it so obvious who he is rooting for??? I thought analyst were suppose to be impartial.

Yeh.... he was head coach for 2 years for the Pitts and played for them for 2 years in the 90's.... so maybe he shouldn't be the analyst.

Unlike Larry Murphy..... who I think is great.... tries to be very impartial.

-=Heh=-

All analysts and news nowadays is impartial in one way or another on almost every topic from religion to politics, it is almost impossible to get a strait unbiased presentation on any topic anymore.

#31 talex

talex

Tom

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (b.shanafan14 @ June 1, 2009 - 08:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, it was bad in the Chicago series, which I suppose is like asking Mickey to do national broadcast and not be biased, but still, their are other commentators who did other games, don't know why we had Olcyk the whole time. Finals he has continued his "Red Wings interference" foil-hat theory to the point that every play a Red Wing bumps a Penguin when both players are simply owning their ice you'll hear Edzo pop in with "more subtle interference by the Red Wings".

Let it go, Eddy.

maybe the ratings last year showed the pens coach got alot of viewers, so they needed someone parroting his talk from last year?

#32 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Crymson @ June 1, 2009 - 02:21AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha, it's pretty sad when Milbury (who is really just being un-biased) is referred to as liking the Wings....

the only difference is he doesn't DISLIKE the Wings, he's doing what a REAL broadcaster should - calling a game un-biased.

Pierre fits in perfect with the NHL - a joke of a broadcaster, calling for a joke of a league... I love the Wings and hockey with every drop of my blood, but the NHL has become a joke - Betman is SO overdue of a pink slip, it sickens me... also, Campbell has done an ok job, so I don't have a problem with him per se, but as a former player, he's too forgiving of bs on-ice incidents and I think the disciplinary actions need to be delegated to someone else... maybe like "director of player conduct" or something of the sort

here, let me fix your league in 3 personnel changes

Commissioner - Betman out, Dryden in
Director of operations - Campbell stays in, but steps down as "disciplinary czar"
appoint Ray Scapinello "Director of Player Conduct"

done.

Edited by stevkrause, 01 June 2009 - 09:24 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#33 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:24 AM

edit - accidentally replied to my own post instead of editing the previous one for a spelling error

Edited by stevkrause, 01 June 2009 - 09:25 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#34 Chris L

Chris L

Wings fan in Chicago

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

Eddie's a Hawks guy when he's not on NBC. He's biased against the Wings, IMO.

In fact I thought the whole NBC crew (including Panger!) were shilling for the Pens at every opportunity. They even cut into their planned Ozzie (considering how long Ozzie's played and how textured his story is, they spent very little time on him) love to slather over Crosby and Malkin last night. Every storyline that NBC followed found a way to mention Crosby and Malkin in a positive way. When they should be focusing on the Pens failures and Fluery's goal tending.

The word's come down from the NHL: showcase Crosby and Malkin until they're blue in the face. With the ratings down, so far, this year, I think viewers are sick of hearing about Crosby and Malkin. They might be sick of seeing the Wings in the Finals too, I know that nobody here in Chicago (that I know, besides me, my wife and one neighbor) are watching the games.

Hell, the Hawks fans (who all cheered for the Pens last year and made several lunch bets with me) are so burnt out they don't give a crap about the Pens, most of them think the Wings are going to win this series, and they're preparing themselves for it, I think.

#35 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Mike Mann @ June 1, 2009 - 02:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's funny is - I expected it during the Hawks series.

I would argue that during that series he was very Wings-biased....Although you could also say too, the hawks gave him little to compliment them on. blink.gif

True. He was bending over backwards to not favor the Hawks but now his true colors have returned.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#36 Datsook

Datsook

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

I have a hard time deciding which to watch: CBC or NBC. I can't stand both announcing crews because a) they take 900 years to say something that could take 10 seconds. And does NBC really need 5-6 people analyzing the game? ...too many cooks spoil the broth. The only positive side to NBC is that the ice level noise is louder than CBC so you can hear more going on. I would only switch back to CBC if cole and neale were announcing again. I find them easier to listen to mostly because they are older and don't talk a mile a minute like pierre and ed oldsuck.

I really wish announcers would just shut up and let me watch the game...why can't the NHL offer a feed where it's just the hockey...as if you are in the building and you don't have to listen to analysis but you can just make your own. blah!
-Oz

#37 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

Pierre irritates me with his hard-on for match ups. Spelling out every time line X is sent out to play against line Y with breathless excitement doesn't do it for me.

Daryl Reaugh is a superior Olczyk in basically every way.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#38 BAFGA

BAFGA

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

Olczyk was so busy talking about how Malkin did a good job motivating the Penguins with his "fight" against Zetterberg that I didn't even know how the Wings got a 5 on 3 at the end of the game! The announcing was HORRIBLE last night.

Minnesota would have done the league a favor by hiring Pierre McGuire as their GM. It would have gotten him off the air. This guy is so pro-Pengwhine it's pathetic!

I'm glad I'm not alone in my acknowledgment that the announcers were bad.

#39 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

pierre is biased for the wings, he is on holland and lidstrom's cock like no other, olczyk is pretty biased though and emerick is jsut senile so he will do whatever nbc tells him wich is to pump up crosby as much as possible
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#40 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

I thought Edzo did a good job during the Chicago series considering he's a paid member of the Chicago broadcast team. He's not exactly been completely in the boat for Pittsburgh because he's called them out for getting away with stuff, but he has gone overboard trying to cast doubt on the Wings success. Annoying as heck, but what are you gonna do? I'd like to see Darryl Reaugh do some color commentary. He's a minimalist when it comes to input and he's usually pretty impartial.