• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

grindlinelove

Up 2-0, Still nervous as heck

Rate this topic

You'd think being up 2-0 in the series would give my conscience some cushioning. It's probably got to do with the perfectionist in me, but I'm still nervous, really nervous.

It's clear we're worn down. We were two-steps slower than Pittsburgh last night, and Babs confirmed that with his presser saying we "willed" our way through that game.

In a lot of ways we have been outplayed this series, but the bounces have favored us and Ozzie's been a monster. That makes me very nervous about any traction this Pittsburgh team can get at home. Momentum is huge, and we MUST split in Pittsburgh at the very least.

Guest mindfly

You're not alone...

Let's hope this day off will help them get energized or it could be two ugly games in steeltown

Guest lnvincible
You're not alone...

Let's hope this day off will help them get energized or it could be two ugly games in steeltown

We're all nervous recks right now.. Well i am atleast. But all i know if we get this next game, time to party ;)

I'm worried, too. Despite winning 3-1 both times, the games were closer than the score indicates. I don't think we got lucky, we earned all our goals, but Pittsburgh was denied (a few posts, etc.)

I'm worried about the next two games because of last change going to the Pens. Then again, every time I worry the WIngs bounce back even bigger.

But remember what happens in Game 3's, guys. The league wants this to go the distance. Plus, Pittsburgh IS a good team. THey'll come out flying.

The key is to ride out the early storm and frustrate them. Once the WIngs get a lead the Pens seem to lose complete confidence in themselves and get rattled really easily.

But yeah, this series is far from over. I'm hoping it doesn't go 7 games, because that'll be too stressful after Anaheim.

I think the rest will do us good, especially if Datsyuk comes back, but we've got to crash the net more.

We're looking good out there, but so are they. THe difference is, we have another level we can reach, I don't think they do.

Believe me, you're not alone... I won't relax until it's over unless we get lucky and go up 3-0.

Pittsburgh is a dangerous team and have already roared back from 0-2 this playoffs. Detroit needs to stay hard on the gas.

You'd think being up 2-0 in the series would give my conscience some cushioning. It's probably got to do with the perfectionist in me, but I'm still nervous, really nervous.

It's clear we're worn down. We were two-steps slower than Pittsburgh last night, and Babs confirmed that with his presser saying we "willed" our way through that game.

In a lot of ways we have been outplayed this series, but the bounces have favored us and Ozzie's been a monster. That makes me very nervous about any traction this Pittsburgh team can get at home. Momentum is huge, and we MUST split in Pittsburgh at the very least.

I am not nervous at all..... The Wings find a way to win hockey games in the playoffs. They just fine different ways to win games. No matter what happens during the game or who is injured, they still find ways to Win.

We have not been outplayed this series, they have played better at certain times then the Wings but have not controlled the games. Maybe a period or a few shifts.

The Wings look like a better team, in both games, they looked better.

I don't get why is everyone so worried. Wings just won a back to back with no rest against a young high powered offense that had an extra night off. We've got Osgood and his playing amazing +30 shots and don't forget 1 of the goals Stuart scored on him. Now the 3 posts ... WoW big deal if there was no post there it means it would be a miss :). I'm not 100% that the series is finished but I sure ain't worried. This team has more experience, they know what it takes to win. IMO Ducks > Pens. Also, like the other poster mentioned when Wings score on Pens they lose their confidence real fast so just imagine being down 2 games is making them feel.

If Wings split this home games at Pitt's it'd be a great chance to finish it off at Detroit. On top of that we're resting today so what could be so bad.

- Osgood + Zetterberg ---> On top of their game.

- Wings are resting

- You've got a frustrated Pens team

- Fleury is playing worst then last years (all those juicy rebounds)

- We're up 2-0

- Datsyuk is 100% fresh and will be in the lineup next game :). (No source, just that feeling that you get)

Think of how nervous the Pens fans are!

I think our moods are a reflection of ourselves. We all use teams as a reflection of personal achievements.

I would love to see a game 3 victory.

We were lucky to win last night. We had huge bounces and posts and players laying at the right place in time.

We've looked exhausted and slow and IMO, still haven't played our game. That is a great thing to say when you are up 2 games to none. Furthermore, If Pav's foot isn't broken and he can actually come back in this series........

WOOOO HOOOO!!!

Heres to a game 3 Wings victory!!!

Wings in 4. Ever since it was obvious Osgood had pulled a miracle out of his ass in the first series with the stupid amount of offensive talent we have it was obvious another cup was coming.

Just relax. The boys have been here and know what to do. No need to get nervous right now. Enjoy the wins.

In a lot of ways we have been outplayed this series

I disagree...I think we've had two very even games. They've been dominant for stretches, but so have we, and we cashed in more of our chances than they did. And don't forget that we sat back for the 3rd of both games. While Ozzie's been awesome, I don't exactly feel like the 1999 Buffalo Sabres right now, where they had nothing but goaltending.

I think people are forgetting what we spent a lot of last week complaining about--the schedule. We just had two days off between series (yeah, they only had three, but one day makes a big difference at this point IMO), numerous injuries, and then got screwed with back-to-backs. People (not me, I think it's crap) also liked to talk about how old we are and maybe not able to handle the schedule. We then proceeded to gut out two Ws, beyond my expectations going in, under the circumstances.

Now we have a day off to get our legs and maybe Datsyuk (although I'm pessimistic) back and we're back to a more normal schedule.

The pressure is ALL on the Penguins right now. The series is effectively over if they don't win the next game, and for all the talk about them being better than last year (and they are), they'd be doing worse, results-wise.

Edited by C-TownWing

Two things I think we did wonderfully in the first game which we failed to do as effectively last night were:

1. Gaining possession of the puck in our end, having a quick, clean breakout with good transition.

2. Faceoffs

Number one was giving me fits all last night. I gritted my teeth everytime we turned it over in our end. Speaking of the T-word, we can improve on that area as well. They're too good to allow them speed coming the other way.

Personally, I'd love to see a sweep, just for the satisfaction of seeing Hossa lift the Cup in Pittsburgh. Selfish reasons too, since I'll be at a Nine Inch Nails show during Game 5.

In all honesty, though, I don't see Pittsburgh dropping both at home.

I expect to lose Game 3, but hopefully the Wings will split in Pittsburgh. If the Wings split in Pittsburgh, its over.

Kind of my hunch as well. If we go back to the Joe up 3-1, this time they're going to make sure it doesn't even get to overtime.

I'm feeling guardedly optimistic. The Wings are where we want them to be at 2-0, but if they don't get one in Pittsburgh it would make this series tougher. A day of rest will certainly help and hopefully Datsyuk will be back for game 3.

People (not me, I think it's crap) also liked to talk about how old we are and maybe not able to handle the schedule.

I'll never understand this assumption. We have so many young players: Helm (22), Abby (22), Lieno (25), Big E (25), Hurds (25), Filp (25), Z (28), Mule (29), Kopy (27), Kronner (28), Stewart (29), Lebda (27), and Meech (25, but not playing right now)

12, currently active players under 30, 13 if you count Meech. This "Wings are old" bulls*** is just that, bulls***. The average age of the wings, using ESPN's Roster that counts Chelios, is 30.46 years old. How the hell is that "too old"????? Since Chelios isn't playing right now, subtracting him from the roster, our average age drops to 29.8

The average of the Pens is 28.71 years old. Difference of 1.75 years (using teh 30.46 number), big whoop. Were this High School, there might be an edge, but its not, we're talking about mature (supposedly) adults. Counting the Chelios-less average, the difference is 1.09. Wow, the Pens have such an advantage in youth and vigor. We better pack it in now.

I swear, these so-called "analysts" of Hockey, who repeat this meme are morons.

I'll be worried until the clock strikes 00:0.00 on the 4th win. Just the way I am. Odds are heavily on the Wings side with 97% of teams going up 2-0 in the finals go on to win but the Pens are a good team.

I agree, these finals are bad for my health!

Seriously i can't sleep the night before a game and during the day/game no matter how much i eat i feel like i haven't eaten a thing.

On top of all this i have business law, economics, management and accounting exams to deal with. The study isn't going well :lol:

I've said it before I would not be surprised if Pitt never wins a Cup with the "flower" in goal. He has been soft and hasn't even started giving up rebounds yet. He is above average at making snow angels. I added that last part because he is on the enemy team, but he is good at making them :tounge2:

For every game he's able to steal (game 5 last year) he is just as apt to give one away. That is not the way to win a Cup.

In short I like our chances for a parade.

Edited by softshoes

I expect to lose Game 3, but hopefully the Wings will split in Pittsburgh. If the Wings split in Pittsburgh, its over.

I agree. As much as it pains me to say this, even if the Pens win 2 though it will be extremely tough, I think only the 71 Habs came back from a 2-0 deficit during the Stanley Cup Final when they were on the road. Still as a fan I am not giving up, I know the team isn't.