• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwashington2000

DUCK'S BLOG

Rate this topic

I probably wouldn't bet on the Pens against the Ducks...their two-man show might work in the eastern conference but a gritty, well-balanced, defensively strong team like Anaheim would probably do similar things to them that the Wings are now.

This line was pretty cool as well :D

As for Pittsburgh, which would need four victories in a span of five games to wrest the Cup away from Detroit, good luck.

I probably wouldn't bet on the Pens against the Ducks...their two-man show might work in the eastern conference but a gritty, well-balanced, defensively strong team like Anaheim would probably do similar things to them that the Wings are now.

Ah the conference thing again.

Wouldn't you agree at least a little that the Wings have had all the luck both games, and they could've gone either way? I could understand this comment last year, when Detroit just plain outskated the Pens. But c'mon... how many times did the Pens hit the post last night? You wouldn't agree that things have at least been competitive?

If not for breaks, the Pens could be up 2-0 right now.

Wouldn't you agree at least a little that the Wings have had all the luck both games, and they could've gone either way? I could understand this comment last year, when Detroit just plain outskated the Pens. But c'mon... how many times did the Pens hit the post last night? You wouldn't agree that things have at least been competitive?

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Pens suck.

Actually, no. Ozzie would have had a shut out had Stuart not hit Malkin's shot in. That was a pretty big break for the Pens.

So hitting the past counts as a break for the Wings? A lot of people don't realize that a goaltender makes himself big so all the guy has to shoot at is the posts. If the shot had been on a net, Ozzie might have had it. Losers make excuses.

Edited by McCartyFanForLife

If not for bad breaks, the Wings could've won the Cup every year since 1920. Use whatever excuse you want, the bottom line is breaks are a natural, uncontrollable part of the game and the Penguins are simply not getting it done.

Again this s***head

How is Brad Stuart knocking the puck into his own goal (first goal-game #2) lucky??? That was the first goal of the game, and potentially give a huge spark to the visiting team...how is that lucky? We responded. As anyone in sports will tell you...you make your own luck.

Any YES....OF COURSE....I think both of these games have been very competitive and this series is far, far from over. Is that what you're looking for...a pat on the back? Would that make you feel better? Ok...here I go. Contgrats, your team is a competitive opponent. Yeahhhhhh!!!! Maybe that should be an NHL award all by iteself...the "Comptetitive Award-for the team that shows up and plays hockey against another team". My only thinking is...this is the freaking NHL...every team would be worthy of this award. This is the SCF...I think looking for pats on the back about how competitive your team has been in loses is kinda weak.

Look, I dislike the Ducks, but they're undoubtedly one of the best playoff teams post-lockout (arguably 2nd best).

They play defensive hockey. They use smart obstruction. They're in the same conference as the Wings. They understand that's just how things are done in the West.. smart, defensive hockey. A team and a fanbase that knows what defense looks like respects the Wings.

If not for breaks, Wings coulda won those games 6-0. Both teams get breaks. Your point?

Detroit has hit posts as well (Z's shot in Game 1 that hit the inside of the post, for example).

If the Wings would have had Datsyuk healthy, these two games would probably have been shut-outs just like last year.

The Wings want it more, they're more experienced and deeper. They find ways to win. You create your own luck.

If if and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas..

Selective memory much? Wings also hit some iron. I can think of a Z post right off the top of my head right now. Not necessarily in game 2, but it was still 'luck' for the Pens that those didn't go in in game 1, as the game was still around 0-0 or 1-0 at that time.

Love breaking this to you- but it's not the bounces that have us up ahead.

1.) We've been winning face-offs. All things being equal and the greatest puck possession team in hockey is possessing the puck and making their opponents respond to their game.

2.) The Pens have 2 lines of strength. We have 4. We completely shut down the Pens golden boys, because we have home ice and can respond to their line changes. It'll be different in Melon Arena but not by much because we have depth. Dats will be back, so Crosby and Malkin will remain shut down... Sorry we're a better team and organization.

3.) Our homers watch both conferences, or at least I do. I watch the games where the Pens play very well in their own conference and I sit the entire game and think... where is Lids. He would be there on that goal.

Honestly I think the Ducks would eat the Pens alive, and I would still watch that series.

Look, I dislike the Ducks, but they're undoubtedly one of the best playoff teams post-lockout (arguably 2nd best).

They play defensive hockey. They use smart obstruction. They're in the same conference as the Wings. They understand that's just how things are done in the West.. smart, defensive hockey. A team and a fanbase that knows what defense looks like respects the Wings.

QFT. We figured that out when the Wings played them. They're a very tough team and they're not going away any time soon. Even though San Jose is a chokey team, the Ducks still did an amazing job shutting them down (the players that weren't choking) and Hiller is fantastic. They play defense.

I agree that the Penguins are a lot better than last year. The last two games have been a LOT harder than the first two last year. I mean, part of that obviously has to do with #13 absent from the line up since his defensive skills are out of this world, and even though Lilja gets a lot of crap he's a great player. Not to mention faceoff guru Drapes. But the Penguins are better this year.

However, I think the Ducks are better than the Penguins because the Ducks take our defensive game and almost use it against us. Which is why it went to 7 games.

Before the series you were pretty good but now it is just turning into whining. Z diving on the goal line to keep the puck out, the slash by Hossa (which was no where close to a slash) bad breaks for the Pens, good breaks for the Wings. The Wings have outscored the Pens 6-2. Even if you take a goal away from the Wings each game they still win. I don't see how we have all the luck unless you didn't see the Pens only goal last game. I get tired of this worn out mantra, the Wings are sooooooo lucky.

The first goal was because your team couldn't clear the zone, had to ice it, no one picked up Helm, your goalie was screened, and didn't stop the rocket from the blue line.

The second goal was an amazing back hand shot by Flip nothing but pure talent.

The third goal one of our AHL players kept the puck in the offensive zone a 1 on 2 and your goalie didn't stop a softie shot, how are we lucky unless you mean lucky that your goalie couldn't stop the puck.

In fact the only goal that had much to do with luck is the lone goal the Pens scored. It was hit out of the air backwards into the net by one of Detroit's sticks. Great job getting the puck to the net and the Pens deserved the goal but it was the only one that involved any luck.

As for the goal posts your team hit a couple of times, that's not luck by the Wings it is an inability to hit the net by the Pens. Z had one of those in the first game (as did other players) but there was no complaining that the Pens were lucky it didn't go in, if you want to score a goal shoot where it will go in the net not off the post, it was a skill issue not a luck issue. When you shoot at sharp angles or try to get the puck into narrow spaces you have to shoot near the post and sometimes your aim is a little off. Poor Pens. :crybaby:

No team played us like the Ducks. At every whistle there was pushing, shoving, cheap shots, cross checks, sticks to the face- you name it. Comparitively, the Anaheim series made the Chicago 5 a walk in the park- they tried to be physicial like the Ducks, but were both more soft and more stupid. So far, the Pens physicality doesn't match Anaheim's. Sorry, after you get hit with the butt-end of a stick to the face, a little thing like the Malkin instigation doesn't send any message.

The Ducks are a tough, gritty, deep team with the scorers and a goalie that can steal a game or two...

Just like the Wings

Thanks to Anaheim for pushing us hard- next time try to do it with a little more class.

The Ducks were the second best team in the POs this year imo. That Game 7 was for the Cup if you ask me. I see a veteran Ducks team easily taking care of the Hawks, and throttling Crosby and Malkin similar to what the Wings are doing. Hiller is better than Fleury, and the Duck's D could handle the dynamic duo....

We had Blackhawk fans on here telling us the same thing after game two. Look where that went. 2-0 is a pretty big hole to climb out of... even though you already did it once against the Caps.

I expect Pens to win game 3.

With that said, Ducks would destroy Pens. Their Defense is way to solid and Getzlaf and Perry would own Cindy and Milkin.

I can't speak for the rest of the Eastern Conference, but.your.forwards.are.not.real.good.at.playing.two-way.hockey. And your D leaves a whole lot to be desired, not by me though. RE: Abdelkader's goal.

Meanwhile, breaks schmeaks. Ultimately, and other than the above, IT IS OUR DEPTH THAT WILL DO YOU IN. DEAL OR DRIVE ON.

coulda, woulda, shoulda; but DIDN'T!

Our 4th line rookie has been better than your two "bestest players in the whole-wide-worldz" superstars, COMBINED! How does this make you feel?

:baby: :violin:

Edited by tdinc

the seris could be tied at 1 det deserved to win on saturday and yes we did get a couple of lucky bounces in game 2 and without ozzy yes we could have lost game 2. we didnt seem to have as much jump as sat night but the fact is we still found a way to win. :D OZZY MVP

Actually, no. Ozzie would have had a shut out had Stuart not hit Malkin's shot in. That was a pretty big break for the Pens.

So hitting the past counts as a break for the Wings? A lot of people don't realize that a goaltender makes himself big so all the guy has to shoot at is the posts. If the shot had been on a net, Ozzie might have had it. Losers make excuses.

I agree, hitting the post is overrated. Close call, yes, but hey, you missed the net. I hate when someone clanks one and the announcer says "he beat the goalie." He didn't beat the goalie any more than he would've if he'd missed the net altogether and hit the glass. You beat the goalie when it crosses the goalline. Is one closer than the other? Sure. But they count the same on the scoreboard.

Besides, we hit a post early on. And one that a lot of people are calling a post on their end was actually a glove save. Make all the posts goals and we still win by 1 if I'm not mistaken.