• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

The Hossa 'slash' (Dupuis broke his own stick)

Rate this topic

Sorry guys, as much as I hate to admit it - there was a penalty on that play. The call should have been made on the HOOK to the hands which Hossa made moments before the stick broke.

If that was a Pens goal - we would be up in arms. The Wings were fortunate there was no penalty on that play - but its all part of the game.

Fair enough, although you can argue discretion/they let 'em play with that one at least. Not that I give a crap what Pens fans think, but the "slash" was probably drawing more of their wrath due to the broken stick and the call that almost always comes from that.

Fair enough, although you can argue discretion/they let 'em play with that one at least. Not that I give a crap what Pens fans think, but the "slash" was probably drawing more of their wrath due to the broken stick and the call that almost always comes from that.

The hook is what got him the puck and kept the puck in the zone. The broken stick was unfortunate. We've been seeing broken composite sticks all year. I hope they address this in the off-season. You don't see as many wooden sticks break like that.

Sorry guys, as much as I hate to admit it - there was a penalty on that play. The call should have been made on the HOOK to the hands which Hossa made moments before the stick broke.

If that was a Pens goal - we would be up in arms. The Wings were fortunate there was no penalty on that play - but its all part of the game.

I am pretty sure all he did was lift his stick.

You don't see as many wooden sticks break like that.

alright, Mickey :P

Edited by pirateasaurus

Hossa did not hook him, he lifted the stick of the Pens player... if that is a "hook" then I guess Datsyuk would be in the box quite a bit because he does that all the time.

I am 100% in agreement with you if Gill gets called on the Helm play. To me the two are the exact same play. A player from behind uses his stick against the player with the puck's hands, causing the player in possesion to lose control.

Same play to me!

They call us the rude, personal attackers, unclassy fans. Look at ALL of there posts, they are all based on personal attacks.

'25% graduation rate in Detroit. You can't expect much more' - Posted by Kipper (Admin)

'That's "You're out classed..." not "Your," you retarded *****.' - Posted by El Sid (Random Guy)

'btw, we have a chance if the refs weren't your 6th and 7th player on the ice you f***in dumbass, wake up and watch hockey'- Posted by Eagle7187 (Random Guy)

All they do is whine about the refs, the calls, the officiating. Have they watched any of the Anaheim series..probably not? They think they weren't getting calls in there favor for the majority of the first couple rounds? Probably not. Things go both ways, I think the calls have been even. Some good, some bad. Live with it, they can't bet 100% all the time, they're human. Look at any sports officiating.

*P.S. I never graduated from Detroit because I have only visited the arena on my family visits to Windsor across the border. I'm not a bandwagon jumper, have jersey's from when I was 8 still in my closet...I'm closer to 30 now. I just don't understand some of these 'so-called' fans. Just a reason to release your anger and demonstrate that most of these fans still have the ape mentality.*

They call us the rude, personal attackers, unclassy fans. Look at ALL of there posts, they are all based on personal attacks.

'25% graduation rate in Detroit. You can't expect much more' - Posted by Kipper (Admin)

'That's "You're out classed..." not "Your," you retarded *****.' - Posted by El Sid (Random Guy)

'btw, we have a chance if the refs weren't your 6th and 7th player on the ice you f***in dumbass, wake up and watch hockey'- Posted by Eagle7187 (Random Guy)

All they do is whine about the refs, the calls, the officiating. Have they watched any of the Anaheim series..probably not? They think they weren't getting calls in there favor for the majority of the first couple rounds? Probably not. Things go both ways, I think the calls have been even. Some good, some bad. Live with it, they can't bet 100% all the time, they're human. Look at any sports officiating.

*P.S. I never graduated from Detroit because I have only visited the arena on my family visits to Windsor across the border. I'm not a bandwagon jumper, have jersey's from when I was 8 still in my closet...I'm closer to 30 now. I just don't understand some of these 'so-called' fans. Just a reason to release your anger and demonstrate that most of these fans still have the ape mentality.*

Are you crying? Really? Your team has a 2-0 lead in the SC finals and you;re blubbering and blowing snot bubbles about an internet forum? wow.

The way the game is called now, you have a valid point. But by the only angle I have of the play, the camera behind Hossa, it looks like Hossa just lifted his stick. Granted it was more than a second, and Hossa is leaning forward, but that's what I see. I could be wrong, but without the reverse angle, it's hard to tell.

Are you crying? Really? Your team has a 2-0 lead in the SC finals and you;re blubbering and blowing snot bubbles about an internet forum? wow.

Not crying, clearly stating the obvious. Just goes to show you follow right along with these other Pens fans. Bored, sitting at home after a sugery and I thought I would start posting. Guess I'm in the wrong.

You're right, your teams captain must have infected our town with his crybaby cold while he was here.

You take the good you take the bad and there you have

Lets Go Wings,

Lets Go Wings.

life8.jpg

You're right, your teams captain must have infected our town with his crybaby cold while he was here.

I mean, you can continue to ride that one-trick pony slam on Crosby because it is easy, convenient and keeps you from having to be both creative and accurate...all of which might be a hardship on the gerbils running around in your head, but we both know there isn't much teeth to the Crosby is a Baby argument. I'm guessing he is tougher, more athletic and quite a bit more mature than you...and he's barely of drinking age. I think you are in need of some new material.

I mean, you can continue to ride that one-trick pony slam on Crosby because it is easy, convenient and keeps you from having to be both creative and accurate...all of which might be a hardship on the gerbils running around in your head, but we both know there isn't much teeth to the Crosby is a Baby argument. I'm guessing he is tougher, more athletic and quite a bit more mature than you...and he's barely of drinking age. I think you are in need of some new material.

Funny how it is old calling Crosby whiny, yet not old bashing the city of Detroit or calling them old, and vice versa.

It takes different strokes, it takes different strokes to rule MOVE LGW!

DifferentStrokes.jpg

Edit: I always guff that one up!

Edited by Opie

Funny how it is old calling Crosby whiny, yet not old bashing the city of Detroit or calling them old, and vice versa.

It takes different strokes, it takes different strokes to rule LGW!

DifferentStrokes.jpg

Yea, that'd make sense when you can reference me bashing Detoit or calling the RWs old. At least you know the words to a kickass 80's sitcom theme.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

Check this clip starting around 2:50

Hossa lifts the stick. No stick to the hands, not a hook to the body. Great play, clean check. End of story.

Gentex

I think you are in need of some new material.

Hey, if it's not broke don't fix it right?

When Cindy quits providing the material, we'll quit using it.. obvious.

WAAHHH "KURT" MALTBY MADE FUN OF ME, SO I HIT HIM ON THE FOOT AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER AND I'LL GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE GARY BETTMAN LIKE THE WAY I TASTE!! WAHHH!

on a side note, not worth starting a new post for, I just went over to the pits pens msg boards, I forgot that I had a login over there from last year..

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Jun 29 29387, 11:07 PM.

lol.

Sneakypete,

Nothing personal I was just trying to point out that both sides do the same and like to call the other side out for it!

Trying to make myself chuckle, and others if it happens!

You're completely right--that hook on Hossa was a penalty and would have been called in the regular season. As some others have noted, the league has pretty much been letting the players play this series, so a no call on the hook was consistent in that regard. But that gets you in trouble when ignoring a call leads to a goal or a scoring chance (in the same way the no call on Malkin tripping Kronwall led to a breakaway in game 1).

The broken stick stands out because if it had been a slash breaking the stick (regardless of any flaw or weakness in the composite stick), this has become an automatic penalty in the way that drawing blood on a high stick has become the standard for assessing a double minor.