• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

The Hossa 'slash' (Dupuis broke his own stick)

Rate this topic

Kipper really is an idiot.

Bans the guys showing conclusive proof against his own belief, then posts a single frame where Hossa's blade is not in contact with Dupuis, but simply lifting the stick, to prove there was a hook.

IN ORDER FOR HIM TO HOOK DUPUIS HIS BLADE HAS TO BE IN CONTACT WITH HIS MIDSECTION IN ORDER TO PULL HIM BACK. THIS IS COMPLETELY DEBUNKED BY YOUR STILL FRAME.

It's a shame you can't ban the evidence, Kipper. You are able to make yourself look like a total fool.

so that Kipper tool is their moderator? nice example he sets for everyone...good god is that board horrible. I love this little rant:

dev4ll wrote on Today at 1:03pm:

Kipper wrote on Today at 10:10am:

Garbage Thread.

Officiating hasn't gone both ways. Not a single interference call on Detroit in this entire series so far and that can be called on every single shift

You're right. The NHL is totally down for risking its fragile existence in an effort to have a dynasty team prevail. Why would they want to have the face of their league (who by the way is Canadian) win the Cup?

...oh wait, that might be a good way to promote the league as well.

Don't be delusional.

what the f*** does your response have anything to do with mine? Is that all that your weak minded efforts can produce? Harping on Sidney Crosby and a a Bettman conspiracy that so far hasn't amounted to s***?

It's simple, call the ******* penalties as they are in the rulebook. In the end we'll see what team comes out on top when you eliminate all of the illegal bulls***. Would you take that bet? How ******* confident would you feel if the refs called every single penalty that is in the book? How many interference penalties do you think Detroit can rack up in a game? 20? 30? Can Chris Osgood handle 2 sidney Crosby penalty shots? do you think Hal gill continues to interfere with Detroit players once Detroit starts rightfully be handed interference penalty after interference penalty? I think not.

This is the result that you will see if the refs called the game by the rule book.... Tomas Holmstrom would get about 4 penalties for obstruct due to "falling" to create interference in the crease, Detroit's defense would have to stop interfering which means the game will be played mainly in Detroit's end because they are clearly interfering for a reason and that reason is that they cannot handle aggressive forechecks. Once pucks start getting around Detroit's net, Zetterberg will have to stay out which will either result in a goal or a penalty shot... hossa won't be allowed to hook players to produce scoring chances in the offensive zone, Kronwall won't be able to hit and throw checks anymore since they'll finally penalize him for leaving his feet which is just about everytime he hits...

Would you like that? Do you feel confident in the outcome if the referees actually worked instead of pretending to be like Detroit automobile makers and do nothing and hold their hands out for cash?

I really do find it amazing they don't see the 83 penalties their own guys are committing every game as well. and not just interference, although that's everywhere, but things like Elbows to the face, blatant cross-checks by Cindy, etc etc. what a bunch of whiners.

so that Kipper tool is their moderator? nice example he sets for everyone...good god is that board horrible. I love this little rant:

I really do find it amazing they don't see the 83 penalties their own guys are committing every game as well. and not just interference, although that's everywhere, but things like Elbows to the face, blatant cross-checks by Cindy, etc etc. what a bunch of whiners.

So since I'm banned I can't go and look at it without searching out a proxy and... wait thats what I'm gonna do.. n/m. I was gonna ask what Kipper had to say about the rule I posted for throwing things on the ice.

Hossa should be suspended for playing the puck. :ph34r:

:D

They replayed that thing several times last night and I never understood why the NBC clowns wanted a penalty for that play. I am happy to admit penalties on the Red Wings any day but this was just silly. Just because the damn stick breaks doesn't mean it was a slash. Thanks for posting this slow mo...

Matt Barnaby says no penalty should have been called, I respect his opinions more than just about anyone elses that discuss hockey on the television.

Yeah, I saw that link (and thanks for posting it btw). I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't think it's conclusive from that angle that Hossa didn't get Dupuis' glove. Based on a bunch of different angles, I feel like he probably did. Since his stick was parallel to the ice, that would have made it a penalty, at least according to how things were called in the regular season.

Well, we may need to agree to disagree because if there was any contact with Dupuis' glove it was incidental at most. Watching that clip over and over, I don't see any obvious contact there. Would that be called a hook or a slash in the regular season? Hell, I don't know. But, there's no way that gets called in the playoffs. I mean, if Hossa had come down (or up) on the glove as the initial contact, that's one thing. But, the most that happened there is that Hossa lifted the stick and could have slid up to the glove (and, it's not even clear that that much happened). I weep for hockey the day they start calling that a penalty.

So since I'm banned I can't go and look at it without searching out a proxy and... wait thats what I'm gonna do.. n/m. I was gonna ask what Kipper had to say about the rule I posted for throwing things on the ice.

I got banned too and was going to do the same thing, just change my IP, I am at work and I run the network but I decided that was too much work just to read that morons reason for banning me.

Name over on the board for all of one post was hockeyfan.

From the Pensblog:

Hossa breaks Dupuis' stick, as everyone knew he was gonna hit Malkin coming out of the box.

The puck may have left the zone. No one cares to even mention it again.

Hossa gets the puck in the wake of Dupuis' stick. It eventually goes in.

Can't argue, with the pensblog now can you? The "evidence" presented at the beginning of this thread is obviously shopped and invalid :)

Well, we may need to agree to disagree because if there was any contact with Dupuis' glove it was incidental at most. Watching that clip over and over, I don't see any obvious contact there. Would that be called a hook or a slash in the regular season? Hell, I don't know. But, there's no way that gets called in the playoffs. I mean, if Hossa had come down (or up) on the glove as the initial contact, that's one thing. But, the most that happened there is that Hossa lifted the stick and could have slid up to the glove (and, it's not even clear that that much happened). I weep for hockey the day they start calling that a penalty.

:thumbup:

I got banned too and was going to do the same thing, just change my IP, I am at work and I run the network but I decided that was too much work just to read that morons reason for banning me.

Name over on the board for all of one post was hockeyfan.

I was CrosbysPurse.

I just proxied my way back in to look around. He hasn't said anything other than "Way to show a clip that fails to show the hook" and then posted a still of hossa's stick.. nothing great. Then he congratulates himself on banning 2 more..

Of course, that play (making contact with an opponent's glove with a stick that's parallel to the ice) has been called a penalty again and again in the regular season, even when it's been the flimsiest and most incidental of contact. But as you say and I say above, it doesn't get called in the playoffs, especially this series.

Back to my original point, the bigger issue with this play, the Malkin trip of Kronwall, the Malkin instigator, etc., is the league's song and dance each year about how the same standard applied in the regular season is going to be applied in the playoffs. This is never the case, and no one really wants it to be, but it still infuriates fans and players when a no call results in a goal or scoring chance against.

I was CrosbysPurse.

I just proxied my way back in to look around. He hasn't said anything other than "Way to show a clip that fails to show the hook" and then posted a still of hossa's stick.. nothing great. Then he congratulates himself on banning 2 more..

I would like to know how Hossa hooked Dupuis when his blade wasn't anywhere near his midsection.

Did he use the force?

I was just on the pens board. It really is a shame that any pens fan on that board that acknowledges Detroit's skill is branded an idiot. And they insist on saying Detroit is cheating.

I guess maybe we're paying off the refs :rolleyes:

I can appreciate a Pengs fan posting in a civilised manner. Instead of ridiculous things like the refs are siding with wings.

No doubt that it was not a slah. But it was the hook before that which bothered me.

No doubt that it was not a slah. But it was the hook before that which bothered me.

Did it bother you as much as the interference and hook that led to Malkin's game 1 breakaway?