• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RyanK

Delay of Game Penalty

Rate this topic

Might as well add this one to the long ******* list of Referees ignoring the rule book tonight.

Towards the end of the 2nd period an octopus was thrown on the ice. By the RULES that is a delay of game penalty.

Uncalled

- Kipper

Administrator of Pens Forum

LOL! Really?!

63.4 Objects Thrown on the Ice – In the event that objects are thrown on the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped. When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play, including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have announced over the public address system that any further occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being assessed.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26355

I can't ever remember having to refer to the rulebook this much during a playoff run. Sounds like we're entitled to a warning first.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26355

I can't ever remember having to refer to the rulebook this much during a playoff run. Sounds like we're entitled to a warning first.

And it was given. I specifically heard the warning broadcast over the PA. I don't remember if I was watching the TV broadcast or listening to the radio one, because I was flipping back and forth, but I definitely heard it.

and an instigating penalty in the last minutes of the game is an AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION. I bet they dont have a thread about that.

Usually yes, but there is a clause to that rule that says it is up to review based on score, previous behavior, etc etc. So after considering Malkin is not the type to get major penalties and he wasn't "sending a message" they revoked the suspension. Fighting out of frustration mostly, hes still a ***** for doing it. It took how many punches for him to drop his stick? Not that im siding with him, I think it would be hilarious to see him suspended. I think he still was issued a penalty though. Z has a 5 min now on his stat sheet. At least thats what Mickey was talkin about today on the WRIF.

I created a user on the Pens boards.... Did not flame, did not do anything but disagree with the bad refs and the non call on Hossa and was banned.

I am glad that the LGW will allow other fans to come and talk even if we do not like what they say.

I created a user on the Pens boards.... Did not flame, did not do anything but disagree with the bad refs and the non call on Hossa and was banned.

I am glad that the LGW will allow other fans to come and talk even if we do not like what they say.

Yeah that Kipper/Administrator is something else - I was laughing so hard at some of his comments my wife thought I was crazy last night...

And it was given. I specifically heard the warning broadcast over the PA. I don't remember if I was watching the TV broadcast or listening to the radio one, because I was flipping back and forth, but I definitely heard it.

Maybe my memory's off, but I remember two thrown (at least that were shown on NBC), one pre-game, one during. The warning would've had to have been after that second one. Was one thrown after that? If not, then there's not even an argument to be made, sorry.

I know it's been said in lots of threads by lots of people, but WTF is with crying about officiating/alleging conspiracies every time your team loses (goes for us too)? It gets freaking tiresome.

Maybe my memory's off, but I remember two thrown (at least that were shown on NBC), one pre-game, one during. The warning would've had to have been after that second one. Was one thrown after that? If not, then there's not even an argument to be made, sorry.

I know it's been said in lots of threads by lots of people, but WTF is with crying about officiating/alleging conspiracies every time your team loses (goes for us too)? It gets freaking tiresome.

We as fans have to find some reason, outside of our team not playing well, a reason we lost. Same goes for us Wings fans. Sometimes we fans have a point and others we are just pissed that we lost.

Just how it goes. It happens in all sports and it will happen forever.

I do find it funny though.

What if a Pens fan at the Joe throws an octopus on the ice? Or in the immortal words of Sir Drake, "What if Chris Chelios played for the Pens and threw an octopus on the ice to get the home team a delay of game penalty?"

Quite the scheme there, but a great point too. How can you hold the home team solely responsible for the actions of the crowd, when obviously fans of the other team show up too?

Can we get two Wings fans going to game 3 to bite the bullet for us (one for the warning, one fot the penalty) and get us a cheap PP? You can't throw an octopus, because then it would be obvious that it wasn't Pens fans. Maybe a hubcap would work <_<

It was after the second one. I remember thinking to myself, "Uh oh...shouldn't have thrown that, this might be DoG...." and then I heard the warning.

I thought the octopus hit the ice at halftime, not before the period ended. That being said, if Malkin isn't being suspended for the instigator penalty at the end of the game, then there should be no bitching about a cephalopod hitting the ice

The pens can't win unless the refs give them 6 straight pp's like they did against the Caps. Its amazing to see pens fans whining about the refs when they've been their best players throughout the playoffs.