• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RoninJai

Power play differental

Rate this topic

Does anyone know how to find out how many more power plays the Penguins have had during the season than their opponents? I have a theory...but I want to see some numbers before I go spouting off.

Edited by RoninJai

Oh boy! I can't wait to see this "theory". Plead do put some loigical thought behind it and please try to refrain from strawmen, biased arguments, and conjecture.

/Jiffy Pop on the stove.

Here's my "loigical" theory: There aren't going to be many penaltys called in the finals because the NHL doesn't want the scales of victory to be tipped by Detroits lethal Power Play.

So the Wings top guys are cancelling out the Penns top guys, and that leaves the Wings depth players (aka, the AHL Griffens) to beat the Penns depth players.

FWIW

I was expecting to find the Penguins had a LOT more PPs than PKs, and now that they're not playing with a constant man advantage, A) they're no longer the offensive juggernaut they're were advertised to be, and B) their fans can't understand why this is happening. As it stands, I did not find evidence to support my theory.

FWIW

I was expecting to find the Penguins had a LOT more PPs than PKs, and now that they're not playing with a constant man advantage, A) they're no longer the offensive juggernaut they're were advertised to be, and B) their fans can't understand why this is happening. As it stands, I did not find evidence to support my theory.

The question isn't power plays anyways, if you are going to attempt to prove that the games have been "tipped" in one teams favor, you really should look (with no bias) at full game videos and total up the "No Calls" of each game. ie the number of potentail power plays that other teams don't get. To be most accurate you would have to rank the severity of the "No Calls" as well, and weight the results based on the ranking.

aw man, please dont make threads like this. it just gives the pens slappies more fuel, and i for one am i tired of hearing from them. plus your makin the rest of us look bad.

Facts are the pens are the least penalized team in the leauge.. I dont deny those stats, but i highly doubt the legitimacy of it.

Anyways i highly disagree with the refs calling games so tight. How many teams have lost in the playoffs due to stupid power play goals/ momemtum shifts, do to very very weak calls. Why is it ok to make bull s*** calls during the entire season, and during the whole playoffs, but not ok to make a bull s*** call during the finals? Besides the refs job might be on the line if that call decides the result of the game?

Facts are the pens are the least penalized team in the leauge.. I dont deny those stats, but i highly doubt the legitimacy of it.

Anyways i highly disagree with the refs calling games so tight. How many teams have lost in the playoffs due to stupid power play goals/ momemtum shifts, do to very very weak calls. Why is it ok to make bull s*** calls during the entire season, and during the whole playoffs, but not ok to make a bull s*** call during the finals? Besides the refs job might be on the line if that call decides the result of the game?

Agreed! Bottom line is that Championship teams play through all adversity! Including poorly officiated games, bad bounces, cheap shots, etc., etc.. The Wings do it with pride and integrity game in game out. GO WINGS!

The question isn't power plays anyways, if you are going to attempt to prove that the games have been "tipped" in one teams favor...

No, that was not my point. I was curious if it was a trend during the regular season that suddenly stopped when the Finals started. It would lead to a very disillusioned fanbase. Plus it would sort of inflate the offensive stats for the Pens.