• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red4wings4life

How many times must we say it!

Rate this topic

Seriously How many times does it have to be said.

Defense WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. PERIOD. Defense in hockey includes goalies. This is true for all team sports.

It is very clear after 2 games that the Wings have the better Defense and Goalie.

Flurey is a weak goalie, he cannot play on the big stage. That is clear after last year and so far this year.

Crosby proves yet again that he is the most over rated superstar in hockey.

Superstars raise there game in important games and Crosby has proven time and again he cannot raise his game. Look at last year in the Finals and so far this year. You cannot be a superstar in this league unless you raise your game during the most important games.

The Wings are winning Cups because Holland got the memo that Defense wins Championships.

Edited by Red4wings4life

lol I knew this was the topic before I even clicked it... do i get a cookie?

oh ya please wait tell the wings win 2 more games.

Edited by Duck Guy

I never said we were going to win it or we did win it.

I said that after 2 games it is clear that we have the better Defense and the better goalie and those are the 2 things you need to Win the Cup. Period.

I know we only have 2 wins and we need 4. The Pens are not done, not by a long shot but lets face it, unless the Pens step on the Defense and Flurey starts playing like a real NHL goalie, they are screwed.

Edited by Red4wings4life

Defense WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. PERIOD. Defense in hockey includes goalies. This is true for all team sports.

It is very clear after 2 games that the Wings have the better Defense and Goalie.

Flurey is a weak goalie, he cannot play on the big stage. That is clear after last year and so far this year.

Superstars raise there game in important games and Crosby has proven time and again he cannot raise his game. Look at last year in the Finals and so far this year. You cannot be a superstar in this league unless you raise your game during the most important games.

The Wings are winning Cups because Holland got the memo that Defense wins Championships.

From a Wings fan, to a Wings fan.......... I know you're excited, but........shush :)

Crosby proves yet again that he is the most over rated superstar in hockey.[.quote]

You tarnish a tiny bit of the rest of the hockey fan's here with dumb comments like this. Everyone is a little bit dumber for having read your opening post. Two games into a series on away ice against an astonishgly good defensive Wings team and Crosty is "the most over rated (sic) superstar in hockey. I'd mail you a nickel to buy a clue but Obama already sent most of my money to Detgroit to bail out the automakers. So, I'll give you a freebee, he has the mnost goals and the second most points of anyone in the NHL in the playoffs. That is, for your reference, 8 points and 3 golas better than Franzen.

Is he the best player in hocket today? Most likley not. Is he overrated? Most certainly not.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

i remember hearing those knuckleheads on vs or nbc saying offense wins championships,the other guy said "offense" he said yea.

i bout had my tea come shooting out my nose when i heard that.lmao

Cause the series is over already. Ray Shero isn't exactly stupid either. The IGLOO is OUR HOUSE. You didn't stomp us in Games 1 and 2 like you did last year. This series is very far from over. Don't be surprised if the Pens sweep at home.

Crosby is playing well. Osgood is just playing better.

If anything Crosby is overhyped, but he is in no way overrated. He does exactly what everyone says he can do: he scores, he makes plays, he's becoming more complete as time goes on.

Usually the knock against Osgood is that his defense makes him look better than he is. Well this year it's the opposite: the team defense is weaker than before but Ozzie is lights out.

The Penguins will have home ice and all the tactical advantages that come with it for the next two games. The Wings don't look like they'll be getting Datsyuk back so they won't be getting any better than they are. The Wings really need to tighten things up a lot to close out this series.

Cause the series is over already. Ray Shero isn't exactly stupid either. The IGLOO is OUR HOUSE. You didn't stomp us in Games 1 and 2 like you did last year. This series is very far from over. Don't be surprised if the Pens sweep at home.

So that's how you get yourself to bed at night...

you have a ilttle more than 3% chance of winning the series, sir. Sleep tight.

Defense often wins championships. It has only been 2 games so far though, and it takes 4 games to win a series. Saying that Crosby is the most overrated superstar in hockey is a bit of a stretch.

Correction, the series is most definitely not very far from over. Pens need to win 4 games, the Red Wings only 2, and not to put too fine a point on it, but dude.. you're only up 2 goals from where you were last year at this time, and one of those goals Brad Stuart gift wrapped for you. I for one will be surprised if they take both games at home because honestly, I expected more from them than whining over not being given a penalty shot and resorting to picking fights out of frustration. I thought they were experienced now and confident. Confidence doesn't throw tantrums. See the Detroit Red Wings.

Edited by Rocket Queen 30

i agree that defense wins championships, but i wouldn't say fleury is exactly weak. Last game was not so stellar but he has a weak defensive corps in my opinion not to mention he is very young and is yet to reach his prime. he is very athletic and his reflexes are amazing. with out fleury the pens don't even make the finals IMO.