• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Legacy19

A hard question

Rate this topic

FIRST POST! been coming here forever, thought i'd start to partake (and donate) to my favorite site online!

Anywho i thought i'd start a thread besides the common 1XXX post and X team/player is good/sucks. I was cruising through the old threads and landed on a discussion about Yzermans retirement and who'd be the new cap'n. So i sadly got to thinking about the next couple years and as we all can assume Zetterberg will be the next to don the "C", but my question is if we never drafted Zeterberg and Datsyuk and the Hoss never came here, and the great and mighty Lindstrom hung 'em up this year who would be the next captain... (and for pretends you cannot bring in an outside player ie: no fed's/shanny return)

Rafalski came to mind first but he seemed to be more of an alternate, draper would (in this theory) be gone so who does this leave? After the heart he has shown, hearing his interview after the blackhawks game winner, and the influx of new talent in the league i though it'd be cool to see Helm with the C, though not a huge producer i think he could motivate nicely sort of a dallas drake captain guy... id see the team as

Helm -C

Raffi -A

Mule/Kronner -A (rotating)

thoughts?

I think Cleary is letterable, the way he had to try out to make the team and how far he has come is pretty amazing. Plus he seems like a leader, pretty vocal I mean. Also I wouldn't be suprised if Filpulla got an 'A' someday, he is becoming a very major part of the team.

This thread was just cycled a couple days ago but I think Helm would make a suitable A, and if Pavel spoke English he'd get a C but he doesn't so that goes to Hank.

Hank - C

Helm/Flip - A (for extensive hard work and mad skills - flip has to keep it up in the regular season though)

Raf/Kronn/Franz/Datsyuk - A (for mad skills)

Yes.. all six of them.

Like someone mentioned in the other thread: who on the team WOULDN'T make a good alternate?

He is one of the greatest defenseman to ever play the game, how the f*** can you not spell his last name.

L-I-D-S-T-R-O-M

What does it matter since North Americans aren't interested in spelling his name (Lidström) right in the first place?