• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
daniel1

Breaks, luck, and fate.

Rate this topic

I posted this in another thread but since it took me a while to write it I wanted to make sure all the Pens fans and teary eyed Crosby lovers got a chance to read it.

I would say it's the Pens who've been getting all the breaks, yet they still are behind in the series:

- NHL decides to move finals up by a week, who's the beneficiary of this? Pens, they are younger, better rested and have less injured players to start the finals.

-NHL decides to play back to back for the first 2 games of the series. If it were even, then they would do the same for when the games go to s***tsburgh, but they don't, again the Pens are recipients of a good "break" which is completely out of the Wings control.

- Datsyuk is out - HUGE break for the Pens, our best offensive player has yet to play in the finals and if this isn't a bit of good luck for the Pens I don't what is.

- Lidstrom is coming off an injury, again the Pens are the recipients of a good break, our best defencemen is less than 100% coming into the series.

- Ericcson has to have an appendectomy, this is tremendous news for the Pens as another of our top D-men is coming off surgery, what a break!!

- Draper is out. Our best faceoff man and third line center and one of our best PK'ers has yet to play in the series - can the Pens GET any LUCKIER!!

- Lilja is injured. Our best shot blocker and one of our top penalty killing defensmen is out for the entire series, I swear the Pens are s***ting rabbits feet at the rate of breaks and good luck going their way coming into this series. If I was a Pens fan I would be buying lottery tickets by the dozen with all the luck and good breaks they are receiving here.

- One of the Wings own players shoots the puck into his own net! What a break! This gives the Pens a lead in what could be a pivotal 2nd game that the older, more injured Wings have been forced to play back to back after having the NHL reduce the amount of time between the two series. Here is the perfect bit of good luck the Pens need to even the series right? WRONG! They lose the game.

- Zetterburg hits the post on a beautiful cross ice feed in game 1 - what a break! Do the Pens take advantage of it? No, they lose.

- Their goalie doesn't trip and fall flat on his face entering the Joe. An amazing bit of luck for the Pens as now he should be uber-confident in his puck stopping abilities after having successfully navigated his way onto the ice, but alas, the Pens don't take advantage of this bit of luck and still manage to lose the game.

- The NHL overturns what should be an automatic 1 game suspension for their best player - if this isn't the epitome of a a ******* great B-R-E-A-K then the sun isn't hot. Let's see if they can take advantage of this break in a long and lucky series of breaks that have all gone the Pens way so far.

Now tell me super-Pens-fans-turned-trolls-on-a-Wings-board, WHO'S GETTING ALL THE ******* BREAKS AND GOOD LUCK SO FAR??? That's right; now STFU and be quiet while we revel in the perseverance and determination our team is showing despite getting screwed by the NHL gods, the injury gods, the post gods, and Colin Campbell.

Not buying. I see what you're doing, and certainly the Pens have more to be thankful for than they currently realize, BUT:

in the first 2 games, the Wings have gotten a lion's share of great bounces. Luck is often a product of determination and will.

Not buying. I see what you're doing, and certainly the Pens have more to be thankful for than they currently realize, BUT:

in the first 2 games, the Wings have gotten a lion's share of great bounces. Luck is often a product of determination and will.

How's that?

A puck bounced off the boards. Big deal. Fleury fumbled it. Oh well. It's not like the Red Wings can erase the fumbles of Fleury and tell the refs that they only want to win off of perfectly clean goals. Nope.

How's that?

A puck bounced off the boards. Big deal. Fleury fumbled it. Oh well. It's not like the Red Wings can erase the fumbles of Fleury and tell the refs that they only want to win off of perfectly clean goals. Nope.

why not? wouldn't that be the classy thing to do?

why not? wouldn't that be the classy thing to do?

"Lidstrom over the line. He shoots. Blocked. Malkin tries to backhand it out of the slot. IT HIT BOUCHER AND DEFLECTED INTO THE NET! The Wings Win! The Wings Win! The Wings Wiiiiiiiiihhhhh......Wait a minute. The Ref is going to make an announcement. Let's listen in.....

"'The Play has been deemed "Cheesy" by Detroit, so we're waiving off the goal. Overtime will continue with a face-off in the Pittsburgh zone."

........Wooooo. We just got done watching the replay, and yes, the goal was very bush league. Bad foul-up by Boucher, and the Wings don't want to win like THAT. Let's get back to overtime hockey now!"

You make some good points there, d1. :thumbup:

Not enough is made of our injury riddled team, our depleted lineup. How many GRiffens were in the lineup?

Edited by T.Low

"Lidstrom over the line. He shoots. Blocked. Malkin tries to backhand it out of the slot. IT HIT BOUCHER AND DEFLECTED INTO THE NET! The Wings Win! The Wings Win! The Wings Wiiiiiiiiihhhhh......Wait a minute. The Ref is going to make an announcement. Let's listen in.....

"'The Play has been deemed "Cheesy" by Detroit, so we're waiving off the goal. Overtime will continue with a face-off in the Pittsburgh zone."

........Wooooo. We just got done watching the replay, and yes, the goal was very bush league. Bad foul-up by Boucher, and the Wings don't want to win like THAT. Let's get back to overtime hockey now!"

:hysterical: indeed.

And yet some more breaks for the Pens. In both games they get the first PP on our home ice. In game 1 they got the first two PP's back to back and couldn't convert, and in game 2 they got the first PP after we had dominated the first 10. The Pens get the first goal, and waste the opportunity they are GIVEN. Lets see if the Wings get the same type of break at Mellon. Yeah right, we all know that Colon, and Buttman won't let that happen.

And yet some more breaks for the Pens. In both games they get the first PP on our home ice. In game 1 they got the first two PP's back to back and couldn't convert, and in game 2 they got the first PP after we had dominated the first 10. The Pens get the first goal, and waste the opportunity they are GIVEN. Lets see if the Wings get the same type of break at Mellon. Yeah right, we all know that Colon, and Buttman won't let that happen.

Yah, or how about a 5 on 3? The Pens had 2 of those last year. Would be nice to see a Wings 5 on 3 for a change.

once Fleury starts covering his pipes and letting softies (aka Abdelkader's second goal)

I'll gladly talk about lucky breaks.

until that... just stop f* whining. period

Yah, or how about a 5 on 3? The Pens had 2 of those last year. Would be nice to see a Wings 5 on 3 for a change.

Didn't you watch all of game 2? We had our 5 on 3 for the series already, geez.

Edited by softshoes

once Fleury starts covering his pipes and letting softies (aka Abdelkader's second goal)

I'll gladly talk about lucky breaks.

until that... just stop f* whining. period

By Abel's luck second goal, Are you referring to the one where he skated through 3 defensemen, to score?

I just want to check. I mean that usually doesn't happen. Most teams have defensemen that can stop that kind of thing. Funny that Abel skated through three......to score......on a snap shot.

So which was more lucky? The fact that three defensemen didn't stop him, or the fact that Fluery let in a soft goal?

Or are you implying that it was Abel that was lucky, after he skated through and past 3 defenseman by himself, and sent it into the net?

Not sure of your angle here.

Edited by truebladearmy

I posted this in another thread, but because they are all becomeing the same I need to point out the obvious here.

The Wings would be up 3-0 right now if it wasn't for bad breaks, and some bad officiating.