• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

Eh, Ozzie played solid tonight, though he wasn't exactly the wizard either. Our defense played way to loose. The penguins were actually cycling the puck and had us running around. Eventually, the goalie is going to slide out of postion due to the frequent passing.

With that said, 2 goals were from the PP...and our PK has been beyond brutal these play offs.

I didn't want to be the first to say that Ozzie did not play that well.

Oh yes you did, clutch. Yes, you most certainly did.

You just didn't want to be called out for slamming a guy who's been one of the main reasons the Wings are back in the Finals in the first place., after he had a mediocre game.

I hope Ozzie's much better next Game.

The Wings are gonna need him.

sshhhhhh pointing out the hypocripsy of the officiating and the rulings from the league office gets people's panties in a twist here....

No, acting like a paranoid, conspiracy-driven wingnut Pittsburgh fan gets our panties in a twist!

Hypocrisy of the officiating? I'd say the massive miss on the Z's glove over the puck and Ozzie's ass was a nice one for the refs to ignore - and Ozzie's faceplant on Stall with the stick - there's been missed calls on both sides.

I quote Alduos Huxley: "The only truly consistent are the dead."

The refs can't always be exactly on top of everything, but for gawds sake they are NOT in a conspiracy.

Wings don't need crybabies screaming about Bettman and officials - they just needed a couple of breaks in the second period, or more gas in their tank in the third, and they would be up 3-0.

Edited by detroitneighbourfan

I'm not saying he did, but as someone who has defended Ozzie from the start, I can understand why people would think that is soft.

That puck went in the perfect spot between Osgood's pads. Hate goals like that.

I agree with you. 5 hole goals make the goalie look bad, but it takes a lot of time, relatively speaking, to squeeze those legs together when the puck is coming at you 50-100 mph...

I'm not going to fault him on any of the goals tonight. I think he'll allow 1-2 goals on Thursday and we'll win...he always comes back hard the next game.

I wonder if the Pens fans feel the same way about Crosby that some of you hacks feel about Hossa?

I'll jump in here. I'm sure they aren't too sad he is gone right now. Hossa is trying to do to much. His previous playoff successes have come from solid play with linemates like Flip. He seems to try be a one man show and it just isn't working. There were a few times he could have passed to Flip, but did the wanna be hero bit and lost the puck soon after. I can't understand why he doesn't use a skilled line mate every chance he can. If I was Flip I'd be a little frustrated with that s*** and tell him, "What the f*** am I out here for, to carry your ******* gatorade? How about trying to make some plays, cycle the puck, pass once in a while... I made you a star before and could do it again if you would stop being such a damn puck hog."

Hal Gill did get away with a ton of s*** tonight. I started to think that he was Pronger with how many he was getting away with.

Edited by Mike

Even though the Wings lost, this game was kind of a relief. The Wings controlled the play and got their puck possession game back. They played well enough to win this game. This restored my faith that the team could clearly outplay the Pens. I heard Samuelsson had the flu. Watching how tired the Wings looked the last couple of games, I have to wonder if there's a bug that went through the team.

The too many men penalty that wasn't called is one of the worst missed calls I can remember. That was over 20 seconds with the Wings bench shouting about it. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but that gives one pause.

One thing the Wings are incredibly bad at is killing penalties. Wow.

Not at all....just amused by some of you mental midgets who determine a player's value to the team on a game to game basis.....we win, player gets a couple of points....the guy's a god.......we lose, player doesn't show up in the offensive stats, and he's "useless" and "along for the ride".......gotta love it, and I'm sure that some of these players are glad you guys call youself "fans".

some of us mental midgets? LOL

Keep going son, show us how non-sensitive you are when someone who makes $7 mil a year is criticized. I'm sure Hossa can take it, he's a big boy. But it seems you can't for some odd reason.

I'll jump in here. I'm sure they aren't too sad he is gone right now. Hossa is trying to do to much. His previous playoff successes have come from solid play with linemates like Flip. He seems to try be a one man show and it just isn't working. There were a few times he could have passed to Flip, but did the wanna be hero bit and lost the puck soon after. I can't understand why he doesn't use a skilled line mate every chance he can. If I was Flip I'd be a little frustrated with that s*** and tell him, "What the f*** am I out here for, to carry your ******* gatorade? How about trying to make some plays, cycle the puck, pass once in a while... I made you a star before and could do it again if you would stop being such a damn puck hog."

And that answered my question how?

Overall I liked the defensive effort for most of the game. Wasn't impressed at all offensively. Not a lot of skating, not a strong forecheck at all outside of a few shifts, and passed up way, waaaay too many shots. Seemed like Hossa had plenty of opportunities to get off a shot or take the puck hard to the net, but was just more content to protect te puck and drag it deep. And when guys did decide to shoot, it was after hesitation or bringing the stick back -- just enough time for a defender to get himself or his stick into position.

Hudler, IMO, has been brutal in this series. Completely invisible and making boneheaded decisions out there.

The goals on Osgood initially looked pretty bad, but he was either screened pretty effectively or there were subtle deflections on he puck.

I still can't fathom how the referees/linesmen could miss that too-many-men call. I know it's a shoulda-coulda-woulda type thing, but that very easily could be seen as the turning point in Game 3. Detroit had just gotten a 2-1 lead, Pittsburgh was on its heels and the crowd was silent. To get another goal on that power play would've been monstrous.

Oh well. Heading into tonight I penciled Pittsburgh in for the win but I'm supremely confident heading into Game 4. Here's to hoping Datsyuk spends the next 36 hours in the hyperbaric chamber. ;)

Jesus, refs and Ozzie were the least of our problems. We got outworked in our zone and theirs far too often. We seemed unable to clear the puck out of our zone half the game. That leads to all kinds of bad things. Simple work ethic, gas in the tank, whatever you want to call it. As Babs would say, "The other guys wanted the puck a lot more than we did. " That is why we lost.

I'm so ******* pissed right now I could punch a hole in a ******* brick wall. Losing this game on a power play that should have never ******* happened is what pisses me the f*** off. You call that a mother ******* penalty?? f*** it all :ranting:

Well, we didn't play poorly or anything. The game could have gone either way. I was pretty pissed when the game ended but I've settled down a bit now.

Bottom line, we will win this series if we can stay out of the penalty box. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to make sure that happens because the officiating in this league is so damn inconsistent. I don't know what's a penalty anymore and I'm not sure the players do either. Helm's penalty in the first period is a play that happens 100 times a game, and should not be a penalty. I don't blame the loss on officiating because I thought it was a fairly called game, but I just wish they wouldn't call such ticky tacky stuff like that when at other times it is let go. I guess you could make such a case for Ericsson's penalty but his was pretty blatant.

I'm still very optimistic about the series, and it would have been foolish for anyone to expect a sweep, so no reason to be too concerned yet. Let's just hope to God that Datsyuk is good to go on Thursday.

The Wings lost this one without the refs help. They were out-hustled in the corners and races to the puck were pathetic. Hockey is a game of possesion. They got beat about every time. They were showing no hustle.

Hossa played well, had a lot of chances and considering the atmosphere there. We also came close on quite a few plays. Z played great. I am having doubts about Hudler. Though Ozzie let a few go in he still came up big quite a few times.

By the way, if you ever played hockey than you should know that when you are at ice level and focused on the game that too many men can be easily missed. That's most likely why the Wings didn't notice until the 6th man was getting back to his bench. Bad for the refs not catching that cuz that's their job but all in all the calls were fair and the refs did ok this time.

Now that they got their feet wet there they can win the next game and win the cup at home.

"I trust me eyes to Dr Rahmani. You should too" -Pavel

And that answered my question how?

I wasn't interested in your pointless question. However, I can answer another one of your questions. Like this one, "What scent ****** did your mother use last night?"

We seemed unable to clear the puck out of our zone half the game.

I didn't see that at all. I saw a Detroit team that limited Pittsburgh to just a few sustained spurts in the offensive zone, and the one that cost them was while they were on the penalty kill. Pittsburgh had a very difficult time sustaining any pressure at all tonight.

Overall I liked the defensive effort for most of the game. Wasn't impressed at all offensively. Not a lot of skating, not a strong forecheck at all outside of a few shifts, and passed up way, waaaay too many shots. Seemed like Hossa had plenty of opportunities to get off a shot or take the puck hard to the net, but was just more content to protect te puck and drag it deep. And when guys did decide to shoot, it was after hesitation or bringing the stick back -- just enough time for a defender to get himself or his stick into position.

Hudler, IMO, has been brutal in this series. Completely invisible and making boneheaded decisions out there.

The goals on Osgood initially looked pretty bad, but he was either screened pretty effectively or there were subtle deflections on he puck.

I still can't fathom how the referees/linesmen could miss that too-many-men call. I know it's a shoulda-coulda-woulda type thing, but that very easily could be seen as the turning point in Game 3. Detroit had just gotten a 2-1 lead, Pittsburgh was on its heels and the crowd was silent. To get another goal on that power play would've been monstrous.

Oh well. Heading into tonight I penciled Pittsburgh in for the win but I'm supremely confident heading into Game 4. Here's to hoping Datsyuk spends the next 36 hours in the hyperbaric chamber. ;)

You did?

Hey everybody, Matt's a fairweather fan. :lol:

The Wings lost this one without the refs help. They were out-hustled in the corners and races to the puck were pathetic. Hockey is a game of possesion. They got beat about every time. They were showing no hustle.

Hossa played well, had a lot of chances and considering the atmosphere there. We also came close on quite a few plays. Z played great. I am having doubts about Hudler. Though Ozzie let a few go in he still came up big quite a few times.

By the way, if you ever played hockey than you should know that when you are at ice level and focused on the game that too many men can be easily missed. That's most likely why the Wings didn't notice until the 6th man was getting back to his bench. Bad for the refs not catching that cuz that's their job but all in all the calls were fair and the refs did ok this time.

Now that they got their feet wet there they can win the next game and win the cup at home.

"I trust me eyes to Dr Rahmani. You should too" -Pavel

My issue with what you said is, it's not the Wings or the Pens players job to watch if there's 6 men from the opponent on the ice. The linesmen are supposed to be making sure there aren't more than 6 out there. For whatever reason, both were mesmorized by the play.