• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dynheart

Bill Guerin

Rate this topic

I've watched so many pre-game/post-game vids from diffrent teams over the years, and this guy never ceases to amaze me. You get the media asking players a variety of questions about the team they are playing, and you can tell that 99% of the players are just blowing smoke up the media's butt.

"Oh they have great players, such a great team"...this is almost like a canned phrase from players, and you can hear the obvious sarcasm...or better yet...the cringe when they say it.

I've always like Bill Guerin, real classy player IMO. He plays hard, isn't dirty...doesn't goon it up. And most of all, is pre-game/post-game interviews seem so honest. Give props to the opponent without sounding sarcastic. Like he actually means it.

Anyhoo. The point of this thread was to give mad props to a great player who deserves a chance at the cup, even though it's not with us. A respecable guy.

Cheers!

He and Dan Bylsma both would be guys I would not mind seeing hoist the cup, of course as long as it isn't against the Wings.

Guerin is one of the guys that when he was a Bruin I loved watching and always wished the best for, he plays the game right.

Gonchar too, he to me always seemed like a good respectable guy.

I think with Bylsma there long term you will see a change in attitude there, more of a professional attitude, remember Attitude reflects leadership!

He and Dan Bylsma both would be guys I would not mind seeing hoist the cup, of course as long as it isn't against the Wings.

This. Bylsma seems like a great guy too. About time a Pittsburgh coach made it about the team instead of the Kid. Good on ya, Dan. But you'll have to get your rings some other way.

Guerin won a Cup with the Devils in 95...

I know this. But it's always nice to see classy players, who work so hard over the years, get a chance at the cup. I'm a huge Red Wings fan, but I love hockey as well. Always nice to see a guy like Guerin get a shot at the cup. That's why I love hockey so much.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I like Billy too, especially cause he's a good ole' American boy.

But there was that video of him wickedly two-handing Stars prospect Brett Draney years ago. I can't find the video but it was violent. It happened in practice. And for those who never saw the vid, basically if an NHLer did what Guerin did to Draney, they'd have been facing an enormous, and I mean like 40+ game suspension. Draney wasn't hurt but it was brutal.

I like Billy too, especially cause he's a good ole' American boy.

But there was that video of him wickedly two-handing Stars prospect Brett Draney years ago. I can't find the video but it was violent. It happened in practice. And for those who never saw the vid, basically if an NHLer did what Guerin did to Draney, they'd have been facing an enormous, and I mean like 40+ game suspension. Draney wasn't hurt but it was brutal.

Depending on who that NHL player is, Chris Simon yes life time ban, Pronger lets say 8 games would be enough!

Feels just like the kind of guy who would join us for a minimum salary just to end his career with another cup.

No room. There isn't a single Black Ace I don't want on this team right now... except McCarty. :)

I wish I could find it on YouTube, but I cannot. I recall watching Guerin, while in Dallas, start a fight with a guy by thrusting his fingers of each hand into the eyes of his opponent to get the advantage in a fight. The guy never had a chance. So before you say he isn't a dirty player, think again.