• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheGoonSquad0208

Hossa to be re-signed after postseason

Rate this topic

At what cost? Flip, Huds, Sammy, Conks, Chelio?

This is Sammy's last series as a Wing, there's no doubt about it. If they keep Hossa, there's a good chance Hudler will be gone as well depending on how the numbers work out. Chelios is obviously gone as well, but he doesn't make very much.

Edited by Trapt1307

EDIT - if this is TRUE... I still don't see how this works, we're gonna REALLY cap ourselves out if it happens... Kenny must know someone is retiring that's gonna open up some books *cough* Holmstrom *cough*

bye bye Huds, I'll miss you the most :dontgetit:

Edited by stevkrause

i still don't know what to think about this. Awesome on one hand. Iffy on the other. If we get him what is the cost? IMO, losing huddles, flip, sammy, conks just isn't worth it. I like the team the way it is/has been for the last few years.

What happens when we tie all of our money in these star players and hit a rut?

i still don't know what to think about this. Awesome on one hand. Iffy on the other. If we get him what is the cost? IMO, losing huddles, flip, sammy, conks just isn't worth it. I like the team the way it is/has been for the last few years.

What happens when we tie all of our money in these star players and hit a rut?

Flip is going nowhere.

EDIT - if this is TRUE... I still don't see how this works, we're gonna REALLY cap ourselves out if it happens... Kenny must know someone is retiring that's gonna open up some books *cough* Holmstrom *cough*

bye bye Huds, I'll miss you the most :dontgetit:

I second that. Love Hudler.

Hossa said that he wants to stay here though Feburary, I believe that for this to work, maybe Draper, Maltby could be gone. Starters next year could be Helm, Sammy Lenio and others that have come up this season for this this happen

Edited by TheGoonSquad0208

say homer drapes and malts all retire.. then let chelios off ot is next team, let go of samuelsson and let someone throw and offer sheet at huds

A. Drapes is not going to retire - he WILL finish his contract

B. why don't you people get that his contract was signed after 35???? It would still count against the cap - all the more reason we DON'T want him to retire, then we'd be down a body and STILL have the cap hit.... no thanks

I'd be careful with stuff like this. All I heard last summer was that Hossa was going to resign in Pittsburgh. Basically it was just the media here trying to get the story first whether they knew it for a fact or not.

There's a difference, though. In Pittsburgh, they had a lot of players to sign and a lot of money to do so - Hossa's agent tried to help himself to a significant share of the pie. Here, there is no pie. There's an inflexible ceiling. Ken Holland is significantly more experienced than Ray Shero, and Hossa sounds like he REALLY wants to stay, rather than saying he'd "like" to stay in Pittsburgh.

I guess we'll need to sign some cheap grinder type players to fill in the gaps next year...I know one guy who had a 1 in 2 point production rate this season in the NHL who would sign for the absolute minimum...he'd be great/DOWN right awesome.

I was listening to 97.1 FM The Ticket and they said that Red Wings are going to resign Hossa for 7 years after the finals are complete.

Yes I'm listening to this too. Cannot tell if they were just speculating or they have some source on this? Doesn't sound reasonable that something would leak from the Wings in the middle of the SCF....they need to focus on the games and not have Hossa, or any other unsigned players worried about this right now...

heard this a week ago about hossa. I will wait and see but is sure seems possible. Sammy was gonna be gone no matter what cause the Wings aren't gonna match what his largest offer will be. Some team will pay him big bucks. I hope we don't lose Hudler but I've said it before. There are so many scenarios that I won't even begin to guess what holland could do.

heard this a week ago about hossa. I will wait and see but is sure seems possible. Sammy was gonna be gone no matter what cause the Wings aren't gonna match what his largest offer will be. Some team will pay him big bucks. I hope we don't lose Hudler but I've said it before. There are so many scenarios that I won't even begin to guess what holland could do.

I still see absolutely NO way that it works unless someone retires... trading Flip would be a monstrous mistake, ESPECIALLY if you re-sign Hossa, with the chemistry these 2 have found...

edit - obviously, Ritola is a guess, you can swap out a Downey at 450k if you want... still really only frees up 2-300k, so no drastic difference in the key players

this really is the only way I see it being possible without blowing our team up

Edited by stevkrause