• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheGoonSquad0208

Hossa to be re-signed after postseason

Rate this topic

Can a player restructure their deal half-way through it? Could Lidstrom significantly reduce his salary a year early?

Due to the CBA, players cannot restructure their contracts.

Lidstrom.

If Hossa's signing, something significant is going to accompany it. Whatever that is may already be decided.

you bite your tongue... we do not want the day Lidstrom retires... plus he still has at least 3 years left in him... he'll take a reduced salary after his contract is up next year

Edited by stevkrause

you bite your tongue... we do not want the day Lidstrom retires... plus he still has at least 3 years left in him... he'll take a reduced salary after his contract is up next year

I never said I wanted him to. I'm taking guesses at what might be happening to allow the team to re-sign Hossa.

I never said I wanted him to. I'm taking guesses at what might be happening to allow the team to re-sign Hossa.

I think the most logical one would be Holmstrom hanging them up, along with Malts, freeing up over 3 and Hossa taking a major discount to stay here... almost equal to Franzen's deal

Edited by stevkrause

Lidstrom.

If Hossa's signing, something significant is going to accompany it. Whatever that is may already be decided.

I have thought about this but I don't speak of it out loud!

But I sure as hell hope this is not how Hossa fits under the cap!!!!!

i know this is all about Hossa but are some of you forgetting that Conklin is a good reason why we got here? I mean he really picked up the slack for Osgood this season. I hope we re-sign Conklin I've never been a fan of Howard I just don't see him really making a huge difference in goal at all.

i know this is all about Hossa but are some of you forgetting that Conklin is a good reason why we got here? I mean he really picked up the slack for Osgood this season. I hope we re-sign Conklin I've never been a fan of Howard I just don't see him really making a huge difference in goal at all.

we can't afford him, after the year he had, someone will give him 2+ next year, probably as a starter

Close, he is the reason the Wings are in the finals, but not for his play this season but the fact that the team he has played for in the winter classic each year has gone to the SCF.

In other news, the Detroit Red Wings also announced the signing of Benedict Arnold.

Why is it that you have no ill will towards Conklin?

why hasn't this idiot been banned yet?

he was a deadline deal that didn't even play a 3rd of the season with you guys... get over it.

No big deal. Let him lash out. If it hurt when Hossa left for that one year deal then multiply that by his allegedly new 7 year deal and you got 7 times the amount of emotion.

In other news, the Detroit Red Wings also announced the signing of Benedict Arnold.

In other news, BewareThePenguin continues to be a moron.

I will never understand why penguin fans have such a feeling of entitlement to hossa. It is laughable. He was a rental player.

say1 ofhomer drapes and malts retire.. then let chelios off ot is next team, let go of samuelsson and let someone throw and offer sheet at huds

I think you're exactly right. I assume Maltby, Homer, and possibly even Draper may have told Holland they are leaving. I also assume that Lilja will be traded. Hypothetically speaking, if Lilja and Draper were gone, that would clear roughly 3 million. They could be replaced by Helm and Ericsson which would work out to roughly a 1.5 to 2 million dollar savings per year. Hudler and Sammy would be gone too, imo.

Until it's inked on the dotted line, then these types of thread are total BS. Hossa and the Wings don't need any distractions right now. If we win or don't win the cup will also play into what happens in the off-season.

BS threads are BS.

Drapers money stays on the books, no way he can take it off, even if Holland wanted to the only way Draper's money comes off the books is a trade, NOT HAPPENING.

Him retiring maybe, but money is still on the books!