• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

hal gill always stands players up as their trying to race for the puck. time after time he stands there and holds hte player as their trying to get past him. IN TER FER ENCE

#2 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, he's really just an aggressive pylon.
*this space for rent*

#3 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

Yep and I hate to see Franzen get a penalty 30 seconds after Gill's gotten away with that.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#4 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (P. Marlowe @ June 2, 2009 - 09:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep and I hate to see Franzen get a penalty 30 seconds after Gill's gotten away with that.

Eddie Olczyk only says the Wings interfere. What are you talking about? wink.gif

#5 RedWingsFan13

RedWingsFan13

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (L3T5G0W1NG5 @ June 2, 2009 - 08:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hal gill always stands players up as their trying to race for the puck. time after time he stands there and holds hte player as their trying to get past him. IN TER FER ENCE

Well, when your dressed in white, its OK to stand players up and push them back, Interfering with their "FORWARD PROGRESS" But.... if your in red. you get a nice 2 min break from playing hockey

#6 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

Eddie Olczyk = BewareThePinkqueens.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 02 June 2009 - 08:13 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#7 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

wow ericsson gets a penalty for that same s***

#8 Selke13

Selke13

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

i said the same thing

#9 Stolsanov

Stolsanov

Bantam AA 2004 Wisconsin State Champions and MVP

• 49 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

I said the exact same thing to my dad about that penalty.
"For he who finds me finds life And obtains favor from the Lord, But he Who sins against me injures himself, All those who hate me love death" Proverbs - 8:35 8:36

#10 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (L3T5G0W1NG5 @ June 2, 2009 - 09:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Exactly.
*this space for rent*

#11 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

everybodys doing it(wings included) as long as the offensive player plays the puck first...in ericssons case the penguin player never touched the puck which is why it was called

Edited by wmubronco420, 02 June 2009 - 09:44 PM.

Posted Image

#12 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

sorry double post

Edited by wmubronco420, 02 June 2009 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

i noticed it in game 1...i noticed it in game 2...and again tonight. ericsson does it once and he's in the box. how did the wings end the game with less penalties than the penguins. unbelievable.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

I'm not impressed with Penguins Defensemen at all. Chicago had more of threat than these guys. This was a MUST WIN game for Penguins and they still barely squeaked by a win.

“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin

#15 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (L3T5G0W1NG5 @ June 2, 2009 - 06:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think the pens player touched the puck before Ericcson checked him into the boards. Thats an easy interference call... people need to stop whining.

I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#16 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, Ericcson was just being lazy, I'm not too sure what was up with that he is usually very good.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#17 zata20

zata20

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Statts @ June 2, 2009 - 09:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think the pens player touched the puck before Ericcson checked him into the boards. Thats an easy interference call... people need to stop whining.

+1

Many people on here were bashing Pens fans for whining about penalties. You guys are doing the same exact thing. Goes to show that every losing team's fans will whine about something after a loss. The Ericcson interference penalty was an obvious call to make. Did the Pens get away with penalties? Yes, but so did the Wings. It happens. Get over it. Here's to hopin Pavel is back in game 4. Let's come back with a strong effort, win, and go back to the Joe with a chance to win the Cup at home. This time with a differernt result.

#18 HankZetty

HankZetty

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (zata20 @ June 2, 2009 - 10:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1

Many people on here were bashing Pens fans for whining about penalties. You guys are doing the same exact thing. Goes to show that every losing team's fans will whine about something after a loss. The Ericcson interference penalty was an obvious call to make. Did the Pens get away with penalties? Yes, but so did the Wings. It happens. Get over it. Here's to hopin Pavel is back in game 4. Let's come back with a strong effort, win, and go back to the Joe with a chance to win the Cup at home. This time with a differernt result.

But yet have you ever seen any team have 6 players in the play for 30 seconds and that NOT being called?

#19 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (HankZetty @ June 2, 2009 - 06:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But yet have you ever seen any team have 6 players in the play for 30 seconds and that NOT being called?

Nobody on the Wings bench saw it either. If they did they would be screaming at the refs.

The game is not won on one call or non call.

Edited by Statts, 02 June 2009 - 10:01 PM.

I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#20 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

i wouldnt care if ericsson was called but that type of interference was let go all game, then like a minute later cooke randomly attempts to take someone's head off away form the puck and nothign is called jsut to shove it in our faces. That call simply did not make sense in the context of this gmae especially at a crucial time like that
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter