• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheCapt19

Can we win without Dats?

Rate this topic

***This is not a panic thread, just an observation. Just remember the Pens have to win 3 out of the next 4 games.***

I recall back at the end of the Chicago series that Babcock remarked commenting the other players stepping up. I also sustinctly recall him saying something to the effect of, "...it's great that they step up. However, they can't play like Lidstrom every night. No one can. Only Nick can play like Nick every night." I think Dats is becoming more and more noticable out of the line up. Without him, I think we may very well go back to Motown 2-2. Thoughts?

yep, dats is starting to be very noticeably absent, of course this is just the second loss we've suffered w/out him in the lineup. so it might just seem that way...though i would love to have him back for game 4

I agree, his possession game is key. Although I do believe we can win without him. A couple of better bounces tonight and we would've won. Hossa needs that edge back, hopefully his game 4 dominance will continue. We're ok for sure.

Lol. hell yeah we can win. Penguins have thrown everything they had at us and still can't compete with us 5 on 5. We ended Chicago's season without Pavs, we sure in hell can put away the one hit wonder in the Penguins team.

Wings in 6. :)

I still haven't seen anything impressive in the Penguins team yet. The media keeps telling me how great they are and how they can do this and do that... I'm still waiting. We already put away two better teams. Penguins just don't have it. They're missing something.... but this isn't their year.

If he does come back, he'll most likely be useless, since he can barely even walk.

Um... not according to Babcock...

"They had another look at him today and everything seems to be fine," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said at the team's media session at downtown hotel here this afternoon.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424618

If he does come back, he'll most likely be useless, since he can barely even walk.

If you guys are waiting for the Pavel Datsyuk of the regular season to magically suit up for us, it's not going to happen.

We know Dats has been injured in some capacity since the regular season, that much has been clear from his shot selection, passing and play with the puck along the boards.

He has, however, been our best defensive forward (tied with Z) all post season. The Wings don't need him to come back and score in bunches as much as they need him to come back and hold onto the puck, steal the puck and play amazing on the PK.

With Dats in the lineup the nhl doesn't have it's series. He would be Malkin's Zetterberg, and as Geno is as bad with giveaways as Datsyuk is good at takeaways, Osgood would've had two more shutouts and most likely a win tonight, but that's just speculation. No point wondering.

Um... not according to Babcock...

"They had another look at him today and everything seems to be fine," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said at the team's media session at downtown hotel here this afternoon.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424618

Even if that's true, he won't be playing at 100%.

I don't see how they can keep Dats out of the line up any longer. It's clear that his defensive prowess is badly needed. His face off ability isn't too shabby either.

If you guys are waiting for the Pavel Datsyuk of the regular season to magically suit up for us, it's not going to happen.

Darren Dreger from TSN said that he was limping noticably before game 2 but he said that Datsyuk looks significantly better since he first saw him. So i am optimistic that he will come back either game 4 or 5 ... hopefully.

We can still win. Hossa with 2 goals next game again.

GO WINGS!

I am hoping that Babcock, will replace Maltby with Draper for game four. And if Pavel thinks that he can play, I say let him. Even if he is not 100% he will probably still be better than some of the players who are not doing much.

Lidstrom is the only player on the Detroit team that this question makes sense for, at least to me. the Wings can win without Datsyuk. they could lose too.

Lidstrom is the only player on the Detroit team that this question makes sense for, at least to me. the Wings can win without Datsyuk. they could lose too.

I'm referring specifically to this series. I know we can win without Dats. The question was posed regarding his defensive prowess and how its influence is becoming noticably absent as this series goes on.

We know Dats has been injured in some capacity since the regular season, that much has been clear from his shot selection, passing and play with the puck along the boards.

He has, however, been our best defensive forward (tied with Z) all post season. The Wings don't need him to come back and score in bunches as much as they need him to come back and hold onto the puck, steal the puck and play amazing on the PK.

Absatootely. If he doesn't so much as make a shot, he will still help us in a huge way. Okay, I exaggerate a little.