• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HankZetty

Officiating thread

Rate this topic

Everyone is sick and tired of your pick bulls***. EVERY ******* TEAM IN THE NHL DOES IT. Get over it. If you want it called, then be prepared for 50 penalties a game in every single NHL game from here on out. it's part of the game, every team does it, yes including the Pens and it's not going away. Just shut up already.

Christ. THANK YOU.

And can we ******* dump the "pick" s***? No one uses the word pick, then a biased ass colour commentary mentions his opinion on a potential penalty that could be called on either team at least 30 times in any one game, and it's Beware's obsessive talking point? I feel like the Republicans are suddenly Pens fans... just mindless talking points with no though to what they actually mean and a deliberate attempt to steer away from intelligent discussion. I'm not trying to rail you here Beware, I'm just pointing out how odd it is that this suddenly became a rallying cry for you.

Round 4 - Game 3: Terrible non-call on the pick that Detroit set on the PP goal. Announcers talked about it for a good 30 seconds. Unlike the Pittsburgh non-call, Detroit's actually led to an undeserved goal.

For any Pens goal I could run through the video and pick out a non-call that makes it "undeserved". The NHL rulebook allows for so much vagueness and necessitates interpretation that we end up getting this kind of s***.

Also, announcers talking about something for any length of time has no bearing on its validity.

The side I'm on is objectivity. Which leaves me pretty much by myself here.

Everyone thinks they're being objective. BewareThePenguin is hardly the best source for verifying the objectivity of BewareThePenguin. ;)

I know, I'm being objective. :lol:

Guys, guys -- this is the "loose" officiating you all wanted so much right? I'm the only who was looking for a tightly-called game, you all said after the first two games you loved them letting the boys play, remember? Let it go, don't call stuff, let the players play, swallow those whistles.

Of course, the Wings won both those games, which I'm sure (cough) is just a coincidence.

Lots of us commented that we liked the officiating in games 1 and 2. I freaking loved that officiating-- they let both teams play and called penalties consistently.

Round 4 - Game 3: Terrible non-call on the pick that Detroit set on the PP goal. Announcers talked about it for a good 30 seconds. Unlike the Pittsburgh non-call, Detroit's actually led to an undeserved goal.

Ha, I just watched the video of the goal in question and everything that happened before it on my computer, and there's nothing. Add liar to the list of things BewareThePenguin is. Just under troll, homer, and pre-pubescent sofa referee.

Wings didn't capitalize on chances and turned it over in their own zone WAY too much. I thought the officiating wasn't as bad as I expected, but the Ericsson interference that led to the game winning PP goal was a classic example of the kind of a play that happened much worse the whole game on both sides that went uncalled, but the second you call that, you change the standard of officiating, which is the kind of reffing that decides games, and that ain't right. I can think of an incident in the 1st I think when either Hossa or Filppula dumped it in, got held up much worse than the Ericsson incident, shook that player and was then similarly held up by a second player, which even at the standard set in Games 1 and 2, should have been a penalty and wasn't. This is all fine, so long as the standard remains.

Because the refs changed the standard at times during the game, the officiating swayed advantage in an otherwise even game.

Oh well, Wings in 5!

All we ask for is consistency..... just don't change the rules from one game to the next or from one period to the next or from one minute to the next... or call more penalties because they are now playing in the Pitts.

This is the only sport that changes the rules whenever they feel like it...... unbelievable.

Shouldn't have to say "we are going to call a tighter game" or "we are going to let them play"...... what kind of crap is that!

This might belong in the officiating thread. If so, feel free to move it.

According to Mlive, the 6 on 5 WAS noticed by the linesmen, and in response they simply told the Penguins to "get off the ice".......and thats it. Apparently they felt it was necessary to give the Pens a break.....

MLive

Edited by ShanahanMan

According to Mlive, the 6 on 5 WAS noticed by the linesmen, and in response they simply told the Penguins to "get off the ice".......and thats it. Apparently they felt it was necessary to give the Pens a break.....

MLive

Wow, that's a bit ridiculous. The linesmen does realize that's a penalty, right?

*Turns off computer before conspiracy theorists see this*

MLive

I hope that is not true... Everyone in the crowd noticed that 6th player on the ice, they got nice and quiet. I find it hard to believe that 4 officials didn't notice that. Now we find out the linesman actually said "get off the ice" to the 6th man? Wow. No wonder why there are conspiracy theories.

Edited by bd2988

MLive

wow! I was in a noisy bar tonite so missed hearing about the 6 on 5 for 21 effin' seconds!? And the refs just say "hey get off". On top of the endless Gill interference that goes uncalled when the soft, SOFT interference on Ericsson. The standard is obviously not only inconsistent, but apparently cartoonishly one-sided... Definitely watching the archived stream of the game, much more pissed now. Anything Pens fans could ever ***** about is officially trumped before they even present it.

To be fair and play devil's advocate for the people whining about the 6 on 5:

If we get a PP when the game is 2-1 and we're rolling like we were in the 2nd, we're getting a goal. Yes, we would. No, I don't care what you have to say.

If we go up 3-1 on this Pens team, they're so crushed at home that it's ridiculous. The Igloo would go silent, grown men would weep openly, and Franzen would just grin that ugly ******* grin and women and children would scream in horror.

The game would have been over.

So yeah, it was a pretty big deal to miss a 21 second 6 on 5 if you really think about it.

Edit: I do agree though, we deserved to lose with how ******* terrible we played in the 3rd. Did Sid sneak into our locker room during intermission and give everyone sleeping pills or something? It's retarded how awful the guys looked in the 3rd.

Edited by Theophany

Did Sid sneak into our locker room during intermission and give everyone sleeping pills or something? It's retarded how awful the guys looked in the 3rd.

I think that the refs went into our locker room before the 3rd and said, "Hey, uh guys? You know how we missed that Too Many Men call? Well, we're gonna give you 5 goals on the scoreboard for that. So when you come out in the 3rd, you'll be up 7-2. K thanks bye."

Then when Gonchar scored Pitt's 3rd goal, Detroit looked up at the scoreboard expecting to see a 7-3 game, and saw they were down 3-2. So they tried for like, 3 minutes. And that's how it happened.

Christ. THANK YOU.

And can we ******* dump the "pick" s***? No one uses the word pick, then a biased ass colour commentary mentions his opinion on a potential penalty that could be called on either team at least 30 times in any one game, and it's Beware's obsessive talking point? I feel like the Republicans are suddenly Pens fans... just mindless talking points with no though to what they actually mean and a deliberate attempt to steer away from intelligent discussion. I'm not trying to rail you here Beware, I'm just pointing out how odd it is that this suddenly became a rallying cry for you.

Exactly. This is what happened last year except the buzz word was "obstruction". Didn't here a word about obstruction all year then all of a sudden we have built our team around it. Exact same thing is happening with "picks".

F'ing ridiculous.

I don't know how many times a pens defensmen totally held up our players all friggin game and then that horrid no call with 6 men on the ice!? Then thay call a terrible call like what erricson did for why!? If there gonna let THAT go then why not let his call go!? I could not believe this game i mean i know pens being down 3-0 would be bad for the league and ratings and what not but yeesh could they do a better job of hiding the biased in this game?

I thought Ozzie had a weak game which is no biggie im sure he will bounce back but man.. the random slapper between his legs and then a slapper which glanced off his glove.. he's been saving those all playoffs. Anyways lets win the next game and put em down 3-1!

I don't know how many times a pens defensmen totally held up our players all friggin game and then that horrid no call with 6 men on the ice!? Then thay call a terrible call like what erricson did for why!? If there gonna let THAT go then why not let his call go!? I could not believe this game i mean i know pens being down 3-0 would be bad for the league and ratings and what not but yeesh could they do a better job of hiding the biased in this game?

I thought Ozzie had a weak game which is no biggie im sure he will bounce back but man.. the random slapper between his legs and then a slapper which glanced off his glove.. he's been saving those all playoffs. Anyways lets win the next game and put em down 3-1!

Yeah, i'm not as upset with the Ericcson call in terms of the call itself. It was technically an interference I guess, if you read the rule verbatim. The problem I have is there were far worse things going on in the game that were let go, and then a ref decides, oh, i feel like making this call THIS TIME.

I'm even angrier about our horrid PK.

Good news is McCreary is refereeing next game I believe, and he tends to be pretty fair. Should be a benefit for us.

This thread is ridiculous, watch a game from both sides and subjective reasoning will make you see more penalties for the team you're rooting for every time. You make it sound like the Penguins had penalties rescinded to favor them or where allowed to play with six skaters.

LOL!

Guest mindfly

Were any of these legit? here's what I think, anyone agree?

Ericsson's interference... I thought Gill and Orpik did this all the time, in the post game the coach mentioned this as well, they score on this pp

Franzen's tripping... he had the stick between the legs and pens player noticed it and fell by himself, a clear dive..

And the most obvious that wasn't even called, the ~25sec period where pens had 6players on the ice and no penalty on pens

The only penalty I can agree on is that stupid holding by cleary in the offensive zone, forecheckers aint suppose to do that...

So basically i think pens played 4min powerplay too much and detroit should have played 2mins more of powerplay.. talk about difference maker in a game where almost all goals came in the PP

Edited by mindfly

Guest E_S_A_D

Quite Frankly I put the blame on the new emphasis and rule changes. We now have a slight obstruction (Ericcson's game losing penalty) as a cardinal sin; yet we have the refs nearly oblivious to such calls as the crosscheck to the face of Franzen by Kunitz. The refs are so focused from league officials, to the point of tunnel vision, that we are seeing a separation between what we could call fairness.

As a rational Pens fan:

the pens bench was yelling "get off the ice", not the ref. it was not free pass by the officials. to say otherwise makes you sound like philly and washington and quite frankly, you are better than that.

the ref's absolutely missed a cross check and an elbow against the pens.

the ref's abolutely missed an interference (or two) against the wings.

you arent called hockeytown for no reason. you know it is a poorly ref'd league.

great game as always........ i almost had a coronary in the last 3 minutes just waiting for you to tie it up

good luck thursday night

Were any of these legit? here's what I think, anyone agree?

Ericsson's interference... I thought Gill and Orpik did this all the time, in the post game the coach mentioned this as well, they score on this pp

Franzen's tripping... he had the stick between the legs and pens player noticed it and fell by himself, a clear dive..

And the most obvious that wasn't even called, the ~25sec period where pens had 6players on the ice and no penalty on pens

The only penalty I can agree on is that stupid holding by cleary in the offensive zone, forecheckers aint suppose to do that...

So basically i think pens played 4min powerplay too much and detroit should have played 2mins more of powerplay.. talk about difference maker in a game where almost all goals came in the PP

Well, just watch the slow mo replay of "Hossa's" supposed slash in game 2. The one where he never even made contact with the broken stick. Lead to one of Pittsburgh.....well nah actually in that case, Detroit had to score it for them.