• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HankZetty

Officiating thread

Rate this topic

Well Congrats Bettcrap you get your LOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG series. I guess the only way that Cindy can win is for the officials to be so one sided its ridiculous.

That last penatly that was a goal was so NOT a penalty and how about that 6 skaters for like 30 sec the linesmen was right ther between the benches how did he not see it? How many interfernece where not called against Pitts or how many crosschecks to the back or how many high sticks.

The boys played a good game and played hard...but its kinda hard to win when bettcrap has already deicded on the outcome of the game before it even started. It all goes back to Malkins non suspension since the league said they can't "afford" to be without a guy like Malkin in the playoffs...who cares who the guy is the rules cleary state that he should have been suspended. You can beat on if it was Krony or Lebda they would be suspended no questions asked.

Well Bettcrap contrats...you really f'd this one up. Way to show the world how cry babies always win over the hard workers and the true champions.

This thread is ridiculous, watch a game from both sides and subjective reasoning will make you see more penalties for the team you're rooting for every time. You make it sound like the Penguins had penalties rescinded to favor them or where allowed to play with six skaters.

This thread is dumb. Even I don't mind a long series. I agree there were some missed calls but we still could have won it and that penalty by Ericcson was his own fault.

Also, RedLightGoesOn, ur sig needs updating.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

56.1 Interference - A strict standard on acts of interference must be adhered to in all areas of the rink.

Body Position: Body position shall be determined as the player skating in front of or beside his opponent, traveling in the same direction. A player who is behind an opponent, who does not have the puck, may not use his stick, body or free hand in order to restrain his opponent, but must skate in order to gain or reestablish his proper position in order to make a check.

A player is allowed the ice he is standing on (body position) and is not required to move in order to let an opponent proceed. A player may “block†the path of an opponent provided he is in front of his opponent and moving in the same direction. Moving laterally and without establishing body position, then making contact with the non-puck carrier is not permitted and will be penalized as interference. A player is always entitled to use his body position to lengthen an opponent’s path to the puck, provided his stick is not utilized (to make himself “bigger†and therefore considerably lengthening the distance his opponent must travel to get where he is going); his free hand is not used and he does not take advantage of his body position to deliver an otherwise illegal check.

Possession of the Puck:

The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

Restrain: The actions of a player or goalkeeper who does not have body position, but instead uses illegal means (e.g. hook with stick; hold with hands, trip with the stick or in any manner) to impede an opponent who is not in possession of the puck. Illegal means are acts which allow a player or goalkeeper to establish, maintain or restore body position other than by skating.

Pick: A “pick†is the action of a player or goalkeeper who checks an opponent who is not in possession of the puck and is unaware of the impending check/hit. A player who is aware of an impending hit, not deemed to be a legal “battle for the puck,†may not be interfered with by a player or goalkeeper delivering a “pick.†A player or goalkeeper delivering a “pick†is one who moves into an opponent’s path without initially having body position, thereby taking him out of the play. When this is done, an interference penalty shall be assessed.

Free Hand: When a free hand is used to hold, pull, tug, grab or physically restrain an opponent from moving freely, this must be penalized as holding. The free hand may be used by a player to “fend off†an opponent or his stick, but may not be used to hold an opponent’s stick or body.

Stick: A player or goalkeeper who does not have body position on his opponent, who uses his stick (either the blade or the shaft, including the butt-end of the shaft) to impede or prevent his opponent from moving freely on the ice shall be assessed a hooking penalty.

I have no problem calling that penalty on Ericson if they are consistently calling that.. but how many times do you see Helm skating into the zone not having touched the puck but gets stood up by Gill in the exact same fashion.

Huge difference. Helm did have the puck at some point either just before or while getting stood up. You say he hadn't touched it but I don't remember one instance of that.

This thread is ridiculous, watch a game from both sides and subjective reasoning will make you see more penalties for the team you're rooting for every time. You make it sound like the Penguins had penalties rescinded to favor them or where allowed to play with six skaters.

Any other time I would completely agree with you. I try and be objective as possible, but tonight's officiating was baffling. I just don't get it...

I'm not a conspiracy theorist per se, but if I have to watch the officiating steadily decline as it has been this playoffs, I may end up being one.

56.1 Interference - A strict standard on acts of interference must be adhered to in all areas of the rink.

Body Position: Body position shall be determined as the player skating in front of or beside his opponent, traveling in the same direction. A player who is behind an opponent, who does not have the puck, may not use his stick, body or free hand in order to restrain his opponent, but must skate in order to gain or reestablish his proper position in order to make a check.

A player is allowed the ice he is standing on (body position) and is not required to move in order to let an opponent proceed. A player may “block†the path of an opponent provided he is in front of his opponent and moving in the same direction. Moving laterally and without establishing body position, then making contact with the non-puck carrier is not permitted and will be penalized as interference. A player is always entitled to use his body position to lengthen an opponent’s path to the puck, provided his stick is not utilized (to make himself “bigger†and therefore considerably lengthening the distance his opponent must travel to get where he is going); his free hand is not used and he does not take advantage of his body position to deliver an otherwise illegal check.

Possession of the Puck:

The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

Restrain: The actions of a player or goalkeeper who does not have body position, but instead uses illegal means (e.g. hook with stick; hold with hands, trip with the stick or in any manner) to impede an opponent who is not in possession of the puck. Illegal means are acts which allow a player or goalkeeper to establish, maintain or restore body position other than by skating.

Pick: A “pick†is the action of a player or goalkeeper who checks an opponent who is not in possession of the puck and is unaware of the impending check/hit. A player who is aware of an impending hit, not deemed to be a legal “battle for the puck,†may not be interfered with by a player or goalkeeper delivering a “pick.†A player or goalkeeper delivering a “pick†is one who moves into an opponent’s path without initially having body position, thereby taking him out of the play. When this is done, an interference penalty shall be assessed.

Free Hand: When a free hand is used to hold, pull, tug, grab or physically restrain an opponent from moving freely, this must be penalized as holding. The free hand may be used by a player to “fend off†an opponent or his stick, but may not be used to hold an opponent’s stick or body.

Stick: A player or goalkeeper who does not have body position on his opponent, who uses his stick (either the blade or the shaft, including the butt-end of the shaft) to impede or prevent his opponent from moving freely on the ice shall be assessed a hooking penalty.

I'm not sure why you are posting the rule book. I really don't think anyone is going to read that.

This thread is dumb, maybe if we hadn't sat back during a tie game in the third there would have been no penalty and maybe we win. Oh well, I think that we will come back with a much more spirited effort in game 4.

Seriously, the calls weren't as lopsided as people are making them out to be. The two things that kind of ticked me off were the missed too many men (they always call that) and the fact that interference went both ways all game until the Ericsson call.

It's good to see that the Wings dominated the 2nd though... it shows that they can just play their game too. I look forward to game 4.

The 21 second too many men incident was so blatant though. It's not why we lost. The pp we deserved might not have led to a goal. But do any of you honestly think two refs and two linesmen had no idea there were 6 skaters for 21 seconds? Or that Bylsma didn't notice this either and call back a skater to avoid the penalty? None of the Pens skaters seemed to notice this either. It's not why we lost, but the terrible officiating is getting out of hand.

I thought the Ericsson penalty was very weak considering how the game was being called but I credit the Penguins on a good game and as always calls were missed on both sides. I was disappointed the too many men call was missed thats a no brainer.

Possession of the Puck:

So basically, interference should be called on anyone who isn't Hall Gill. ;) Dude Gill commits at least 5 blatant interference penalties a game. At least.

In other news, this thread is retarded.

The Wings lost because they played like s*** tonight. Turn overs, poor play, constant defensive miscues (especially between Lebda and Ericsson- how many ******* times do we have to watch the two go after the same puck without communicating properly?). Oh, and the Wings refused to finish. Hossa had two great chances on scramble plays that he fumbled.

That and the Wings need someone to get the damn puck out on the PK so the guys can get a change before 1:30 have gone by. That second PP goal by the Pens was inevitable given the 1:30 shift by the penalty killers.

1. Hal Gill is a goon.

2. You make us look like the Pens boards after the first 2 games, saying the only reason that we lost was because of the refs. Fact is, Fleury played a lot better, Osgood let in more goals on fewer shots (though I'm not blaming him for the majority of those goals), we couldn't clear the puck for 90 seconds of that power play and so they finally scored.

3. Don't forget that after the other teams campaign after getting whitewashed in the first 2 games about calls, the remainder of the series gets officiated differently. (ie. Pitt last year, Columbus (they cheat on the faceoffs!!), Anaheim, and Chicago).

We're gonna be fine.

It's too bad the Pens didn't score on that situation, just so the league could be shown up even more for the futility of its officiating.

That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen made in hockey, just because of how long the refs let it slide.

Imagine how pissed Babcock would be if that turned into a goal.

Obviously every Wings fan is going to be upset about the too many men that wasn't called but we didn't lose because of that missed call and Bettman did not tell the refs to turn a blind eye to the Pens having 6 skaters on the ice. That's ridiculous to think.

The Ericcson call was an obvious interference. If you want to complain about that call I guess I can't stop you but it was clearly an interfernece.