• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TCbrizz

Any Wings fans in Louisville, KY?

Rate this topic

So I have to head to Louisville - a true hotbed of hockey fandom! - Thursday afternoon and will be there till the following friday. So that means i have to find somewhere to watch Games 4, 5 and 6 if necessary. Any tips? I'm staying at the Galt House Suites right on the River downtown, so anything down there is preferred...but i'd especially like to get together with any fans here if they exist! I've done this the past two years (last year I was in the air during Game 6!) so I know about their little Friday Night Live area...but that's all pretty lame and no sportsbar that i'm aware of.

So I have to head to Louisville - a true hotbed of hockey fandom!

We're a small group, but we're rabid about it down here. Mostly because the group is made up of people who aren't originally from here.

The nearest "sports" bar would be Champions on 3rd and Jefferson, but I'm not a big fan of that place. Many of us have been meeting at a bar near the rink we skate at called Joe's. It isn't anywhere near your hotel though. 8131 New Lagrange Rd. Louisville, KY 40222 is the address if you want to check the distance from the hotel.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Cory

Thanks for the info (and the pm!) - I am supposed to arrive at L'ville airport at 6:30pm....but the last two years that hasn't happened so we'll see. From there I have to take a shuttle and go register for the conference i'm attending and all that so it's going to be right close to 8 before i'm done anyway...i'll probably end up at Champion's Overpriced Burgers ($11.95!!!) at the Marriot since that's only a couple blocks from the Galt. I don't have wheels, so I really appreciate the offer for a ride. I'll keep you posted.