• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

The end of hockey as we know it...

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Funny how the OP post failed to mention the Wings refusing to skate, were tired, caught standing around a lot, and played a rather mediocre game with very little intensity. I guess the Wings are in on this conspiracy too. :thumbdown:

Crazy ass ******* topics like this always fly up after a *gasp* Wings loss.

Edited by Shoreline

Funny how the OP post failed to mention the Wings refusing to skate, were tired, caught standing around a lot, and played a rather mediocre game with very little intensity. I guess the Wings are in on this conspiracy too. :thumbdown:

Crazy ass ******* topics like this always fly up after a *gasp* Wings loss.

You are 100% on the money.

Edit: And then when the Wings win people pretend like they were always believers and never eat their share of crow.

Edited by wingsdiehard13

Guest blueadams

the nhl is becoming the nba. anyone that cant see that is in denial. plain and simple.

the nhl is becoming the nba. anyone that cant see that is in denial. plain and simple.

Why, because both are dominated by Europeans?

Just kidding… I do see some disturbing trends (that have nothing to do with last night’s game) that support your point.

- Hyping goal scorers who‘s D is so weak that can’t even kill penalties. Not recognizing solid team play or solid defense and especially two way players. They make the rules vague so all the conspiracy nuts can come out of the wood work.

That being said, it’s still the best sport out there and the Wings are at the top.

I don't know if there could be anything "plain and simple" about that. However, from reading over this thread and gathering what your idea of that transformation is, I think it's important to remember one thing:

Hockey in the past decade has been a suffering sport. I remember a time where Stanley Cup Finals were merely mentioned on Sports Center, or the scores were scrolled across the bottom of the screen rather than extensive highlights being shown. That wasn't the one thing, but this is:

Hockey is a BUSINESS of ENTERTAINMENT. Hockey players are paid performers who perform in front of paying customers. When you're talking about the entertainment business, you're talking about people in important positions making decisions, and those under them being directed certain ways. Now whether that would be referees, team owners, coaches, players -- you can decide that for yourself.

As for me, I get pissed off about games last night. I almost threw my remote controller. SOME of it was frustration toward the refs, but MOST of it was watching the Wings skate -- no, stand around -- in the third period. The Wings had 3 shots in the third last night. I texted my dad last night and said, "As long as the Wings are up or tied going into the 3rd, they'll win." Let's face it, in a 20 minute game, I'd bet on the Wings over the Pens ANY night. But they didn't play last night. They had 20 minutes to win the game and didn't. The refs didn't lose it for them and the league didn't lose it for them. They came out like they sometimes do, and they underperformed.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a forum where people would talk hockey instead of just complaining.

It would be nice. If you find such a forum, let me know. This forum has become a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

We must be cautious. :D

I don't know if there could be anything "plain and simple" about that. However, from reading over this thread and gathering what your idea of that transformation is, I think it's important to remember one thing:

Hockey in the past decade has been a suffering sport. I remember a time where Stanley Cup Finals were merely mentioned on Sports Center, or the scores were scrolled across the bottom of the screen rather than extensive highlights being shown. That wasn't the one thing, but this is:

Hockey is a BUSINESS of ENTERTAINMENT. Hockey players are paid performers who perform in front of paying customers. When you're talking about the entertainment business, you're talking about people in important positions making decisions, and those under them being directed certain ways. Now whether that would be referees, team owners, coaches, players -- you can decide that for yourself.

As for me, I get pissed off about games last night. I almost threw my remote controller. SOME of it was frustration toward the refs, but MOST of it was watching the Wings skate -- no, stand around -- in the third period. The Wings had 3 shots in the third last night. I texted my dad last night and said, "As long as the Wings are up or tied going into the 3rd, they'll win." Let's face it, in a 20 minute game, I'd bet on the Wings over the Pens ANY night. But they didn't play last night. They had 20 minutes to win the game and didn't. The refs didn't lose it for them and the league didn't lose it for them. They came out like they sometimes do, and they underperformed.

This is an excellent post. I do agree with you.

Its simply amazing when you ask a Wings fan how well games 1 and 2 were reffed, they will say "just fine". When you ask a Pens fan the same thing, they will say "horrible". Game 3 is the exact opposite.

You aren't going to make anyone on one side happy unless they are winning 20-1 and have 30 power play opportunities. The common Wings/Pens fan sees every penalty on the opposing team but none on their team. So everyone bitching about the reffing after a loss I take with a grain of salt. These people are not hockey fans. They are biased Wings fans, which is not a bad thing necessarily, but annoying to those of us who are Wings fans but also hockey fans.

The hockey fans enjoy the game and while we want to see our team win, we know that the Pens are a good team and that the puck can bounce for you or against you. No game is a certain win or loss. Anyone can win on any given night.

The Wings underperformed in that 3rd period. It time for the Wings to concentrate on Game 4.

This is an excellent post. I do agree with you.

Its simply amazing when you ask a Wings fan how well games 1 and 2 were reffed, they will say "just fine". When you ask a Pens fan the same thing, they will say "horrible". Game 3 is the exact opposite.

You aren't going to make anyone on one side happy unless they are winning 20-1 and have 30 power play opportunities. The common Wings/Pens fan sees every penalty on the opposing team but none on their team. So everyone bitching about the reffing after a loss I take with a grain of salt. These people are not hockey fans. They are biased Wings fans, which is not a bad thing necessarily, but annoying to those of us who are Wings fans but also hockey fans.

The hockey fans enjoy the game and while we want to see our team win, we know that the Pens are a good team and that the puck can bounce for you or against you. No game is a certain win or loss. Anyone can win on any given night.

The Wings underperformed in that 3rd period. It time for the Wings to concentrate on Game 4.

You couldn't be more correct. I'll add something else.....I'd venture to say that the majority of people who feel like you and I do are adults, while most of the bitchers and whiners are kids or teenagers. Possible?

Then why do you watch?

Believe it or not, every time your beloved red wings lose, doesn't mean there is a conspiracy for the Penguins. Sometimes, just accept what happens.