• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MTU_Huskies963

Cooke kicked Osgood?

Rate this topic

Know what else was dirty? Osgood sticking Staal in the head the other night.

Payback is tough.

I'm confused. I thought the "payback" was Talbot spearing Osgood at the end of the game. Or was it Malkin trying to jump Zetterberg?

Look man - it's clear what the Penguins are doing. Basically the same thing the Ducks tried to do. They still think the Wings are the soft European squad that won't hit. It's not working.

Matt Cooke is our Kronwall.

:lol: I assume you believe Kronwall jumps into his hits. Do me a favour and go look closely at a video of some of his hits. Slow it right down and watch his skates just as he hits the other player. Kronwall leaves his feet as he follows through on the hit, he doesn't jump to hit the people. That's why he never gets penalized on the plays.

After watching that clip, I'm now torn as to who I want to see get Kronwalled next, Cooke or Cindy.

Anyone else notice how they always show clips of the other team's "big hits" right before someone gets destroyed by Kronwall or Stuart? In the Chicago series, they were showing a lot of Ben Eager throwing his body around recklessly, then in the next game Havlat got posterized, in the Columbus series, they were showing Torres doing the same thing, then Stuart made Umberger his prison girlfriend. Look for one or both of them to rock someone in game 4.

Too bad Kopecky isn't around to challenge Cooke. :ph34r:

Since we're all about crying about dirty play now -- Staal got clocked in the head not once, but twice. Osgood got him first. By the second, they were having to roll up bandages and stick 'em up his nose. Two cheap shots -- but funny not one peep about it here.

Now we're all about the low blows today... hmmmm.

Wait you mean when Staal came around the net, clipping Osgoods arm downard causing the end of the stick to rotate up into Staal's face? O yea that was totally intentional, Osgood read the future and angled his stick perfectly just waiting for Staal. Check the play, completely unintentional.

Since we're all about crying about dirty play now -- Staal got clocked in the head not once, but twice. Osgood got him first. By the second, they were having to roll up bandages and stick 'em up his nose. Two cheap shots -- but funny not one peep about it here.

2 Things - The first stick to the nose of Staal was because Ozzie was sweeping the puck and Staal came from behind to chase after it. It was inadvertant that the Knob (thats right I said KNOB!) hit him in the schnoz. Ozzie lost his stick on it from the great forecheck by Jordan. NOT DIRTY - just a hockey play.

Second - I dont care what anyone says here- but the elbow by Sammy to Staal's head in the crease was dirty. Noone caught it, but sometimes that happens. STILL DIRTY tho.

yeah and some of us have not changed on here being pricks.

Second - I dont care what anyone says here- but the elbow by Sammy to Staal's head in the crease was dirty. Noone caught it, but sometimes that happens. STILL DIRTY tho.

Yeah it was.

Then again, if they're not going to do anything about the huge elbow that Neidermayer gave to Dats in the Ducks series, it's not like they'll do anything to Sammy for that elbow.

Right? :rolleyes:

Payback is tough.

We've already been through this as I was the one who responded to your idiotic comments before. It was Staal's fault that he hit Osgood's stick so stop trying to make a federal case out of nothing.

If you can't see the difference between those two plays, then there isn't much anyone on here can do for you, but I'll take a quick stab at it.

Regardless of whether Ozzy's situation with Staal was intentional or not there is a huge difference between getting a stick to the face and a skate to the head... There is a blade on that skate and it should never intentionally come anywhere near that part of the body... just ask Zednik.

I seem to recall Staal trying to slam his skate down on Helm who was underneath him with his helmet off. Accident?

esteef

That was the follow through where Staal went right over Helm. I don't think he could control his skate that well to make it on purpose.

Well its alright when Kronwall has been taking runs at Penguins players, yet you have a dig when someone comes after your overrated, old goaltender? Grow a pair

You're a real winner. Go crawl back into your hole. You wanna talk about taking runs at players, watch Matt Cooke. 75% of the time that guy has no intention to play the puck, he just takes runs at people.

Edit: Just noticed you joined 20 minutes ago to talk trash. You must have just realized Pittsburgh has a hockey team.

Edited by henrik40

Is there seriously a thread devoted to what I just saw on YouTube? That was nothing but agitation, take off the Red Wing blinders and for God sakes understand that this is a tough contact sport and s***'s like that is going to happen. Fans on these boards scare me sometimes.