• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Is Osgood on the verge of a meltdown?

Rate this topic

BewareThePenguin - the line has been drawn and truth is revealed. you ARE in fact a troll. i, for one, gave you multiple passes this season as well as last, but you can only camoflauge a POS for so long. you work hard at hiding behind this facade of giving two rips about this hockey team for which this forum pays homage but i am no longer buying it, period.

there's a pattern in your posts... clearly you put a lot of effort into percentages because with every criticism you give (or just antagonistic nonsense) you choose to lace it with a few reasons why we should all believe that you sincerely care. i'm calling BS.

going forward, you're going to have to work significantly harder to hide your ulterior motive, which is being a troll. why couldn't you simply just identify yourself as such instead of making these futile attempts to take on this fake persona of giving a damn?

i don't expect you to (and i don't care) respond. this post is more for the sake of apologizing to the others here who called me a fool for believing that you had any semblance of sincerity in your intentions here. to those people, i admit that i was slow to see, and perhaps my wanting to give others the benefit of the doubt led to an extreme inability to see things for what they are.

thanks for trying to call my attention to this sooner, and for your forgiveness and patience each time i attempted to defend this obvious troll.

i was reluctant to write this at all because trolls most commonly have the goal of getting under one's skin and their work is done. well, i have no qualms with admitting the fact that my emotions were slightly enhanced as a result of some of the absolute pollution i've heard come out of the OP's mouth... however, i assure you, this will no longer be the case.

written off for the troll he is/was/and with respect to time at LGW... has been.

no debate necessary. jury is out and i've had my final words on this issue, trust me.

BewareThePenguin - the line has been drawn and truth is revealed. you ARE in fact a troll. i, for one, gave you multiple passes this season as well as last, but you can only camoflauge a POS for so long. you work hard at hiding behind this facade of giving two rips about this hockey team for which this forum pays homage but i am no longer buying it, period.

there's a pattern in your posts... clearly you put a lot of effort into percentages because with every criticism you give (or just antagonistic nonsense) you choose to lace it with a few reasons why we should all believe that you sincerely care. i'm calling BS.

going forward, you're going to have to work significantly harder to hide your ulterior motive, which is being a troll. why couldn't you simply just identify yourself as such instead of making these futile attempts to take on this fake persona of giving a damn?

i don't expect you to (and i don't care) respond. this post is more for the sake of apologizing to the others here who called me a fool for believing that you had any semblance of sincerity in your intentions here. to those people, i admit that i was slow to see, and perhaps my wanting to give others the benefit of the doubt led to an extreme inability to see things for what they are.

thanks for trying to call my attention to this sooner, and for your forgiveness and patience each time i attempted to defend this obvious troll.

i was reluctant to write this at all because trolls most commonly have the goal of getting under one's skin and their work is done. well, i have no qualms with admitting the fact that my emotions were slightly enhanced as a result of some of the absolute pollution i've heard come out of the OP's mouth... however, i assure you, this will no longer be the case.

written off for the troll he is/was/and with respect to time at LGW... has been.

no debate necessary. jury is out and i've had my final words on this issue, trust me.

Shame you feel that way. To me the word "troll" is overdone, usually meaning "somebody who doesn't get all butt-kissy about my team when he visits and dares to have an opposing point of view."

I've paid your team plenty of compliments, but let me ask you -- have I ever tried to hide which side I'm on? I'm no more here to express my opinions than I am to blow smoke up your behinds. I congratulate the opponent when I feel it's justified, just as I don't hesitate to attack when I feel that's warranted.

Do I want Osgood and the Wings to fail miserably? Of course. Do I hide or disguise the fact -- no. Just as you hope the same for the opposition. What's the prob?

If your mods decide to ban me eventually, as some have been calling for, that speaks more poorly for your forum than anything I can ever say. And fine, get upset with me, boot me -- but if you do, please don't call this a "discussion forum". Be honest and call it what it is -- a cheerleading forum, an admiration society, anything but discussion -- because discussion says debate, and debate says opposing viewpoints allowed.

There -- I've had my words on the issue too. Thanks for stating your case.

P.S. If this bit about Osgood and the grounds worker does come out in the media, will you admit I've contributed something mightily to this forum?

Edited by BewareThePenguin

I missed the incident you are referring to.. but unless it was something crazy, I'd say that Fluery is much more likely to have a meltdown than Ozzie.

Look at the two Pens losses... each game, a young star Pens player quite visibly lost their cool.

Now look at the end of Game 3. Wings lose a frustrating one but nobobdy throws a tantrum of any sort. Hate to use the word "experience"... but......

Those who've read my posts know I've been a fan of your goalie's play, particularly in big-game situations. But even ardent Detroit fans will admit he's had a history of, shall we say, crack-ups in the past.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but during one of the breaks Osgood had a strange altercation with one of the snow-sweeper crew at the Arena. The man was doing his job when Osgood grabbed him and had some words. I found this strange behavior -- combined with the uncharacteristic un-screened goal he gave up yesterday, I began to wonder.

Is Osgood about to crack a bit -- or at least become a bit more mortal? Will the Pens find scoring on him easier? Will he blow up at some point? I can only hope so.

(Of course, that said he'll probably be a wall Thursday Night -- but if he isn't, remember, you read it here first.)

unbelievable!! Are you trying to start S**T or do you just have blinders on??

One post you quote him being a "clutch" goalie and the next you call him on the verge of a meltdown. Anyone who knows Osgood in the playoffs knows that Ozzie always has a good game following a bad game...in a lot of cases, he plays his best games.

I missed the incident you are referring to.. but unless it was something crazy, I'd say that Fluery is much more likely to have a meltdown than Ozzie.

Look at the two Pens losses... each game, a young star Pens player quite visibly lost their cool.

Now look at the end of Game 3. Wings lose a frustrating one but nobobdy throws a tantrum of any sort. Hate to use the word "experience"... but......

Why hate? The experience advantage is something I've awarded to Detroit long ago. That basically decided the series last year, this year... not as much, but still no comparison between the teams.

Just IMHO -- the first game, the loss of cool was bad for the team. The second, not so much -- I believe Malkin's blow-up was needed to get the team going for game 3.

our team would blow up too if they wouldn't get the 1 game MANDATORY suspension.....

but alas penguins are above the rules of hockey! everything can be receinded when it involves them... (look back at the all-star game... when suspensions were levied only after crybaby said he would go)

unbelievable!! Are you trying to start S**T or do you just have blinders on??

One post you quote him being a "clutch" goalie and the next you call him on the verge of a meltdown. Anyone who knows Osgood in the playoffs knows that Ozzie always has a good game following a bad game...in a lot of cases, he plays his best games.

What's so hard to understand here? His "clutchness" is exactly the point -- his blow-up was uncharacteristic for a guy who's been seemingly unflappable vs. the Pens in the past. That, combined with him allowing what I felt was the first weak goal I can remember. And did you not note my phrasing of this as a QUESTION? As in, "is he?" not "he is." It was only a stepping-off point for debate. Or is this not a "discussion" forum any longer?

our team would blow up too if they wouldn't get the 1 game MANDATORY suspension.....

but alas penguins are above the rules of hockey! everything can be receinded when it involves them... (look back at the all-star game... when suspensions were levied only after crybaby said he would go)

If you're referring to Malkin I'm afraid you're a little off course. Most superstars do get different treatment "above" the rules.

A lot of people who screaming for Ovechkin to pay the price when he kneed Gonchar. Yeah, fat chance. Last I looked Ovechkin didn't play for the Pens.

Believe me, had Franzen been in Malkin's place, he'd have suited up last night too.

This conspiracy thing is what's REALLY nutty here.

Bettman needs to continue to find ways to waive automatic suspensions for Pittsburgh players -- During the regular season, he exempted Crosby from the rule stating you must PLAY in the All Star Game or be suspended the following game, and Crosby came out that game wth 5 points. This time, Malkin get a "get out of jail free" card, from his automatic suspension for instigating in the final 5 minutes, and puts up 3 points in this game.

Malkin should have been suspended. But we got lucky and he wasnt.

Ovy should have been suspended in the caps series. He wasnt

Cook should have been suspended not only in the caps series, but also the hurricanes series. - He wasnt either time.

If Zetterberg or Lidstrom do anything that would be a waranted suspension, you can take it to the bank that they wont, just because they havent called it yet. This is the SCF, more casual fans of hockey are watching this series. They cannot afford to have any star player sitting. Right or Wrong.

What's so hard to understand here? His "clutchness" is exactly the point -- his blow-up was uncharacteristic for a guy who's been seemingly unflappable vs. the Pens in the past. That, combined with him allowing what I felt was the first weak goal I can remember. And did you not note my phrasing of this as a QUESTION? As in, "is he?" not "he is." It was only a stepping-off point for debate. Or is this not a "discussion" forum any longer?

I didnt see what your describing and frankly i think the mods should move this to the rumor mill.

And yes, this does not belong in the discussion forum.

from the forum rules:

� DO post a link reference (or cite the TV/radio source) when reporting breaking news, reports, etc. Threads started without this information may be deleted or moved.

� DON'T post false and/or misleading threads. Members caught doing so will be banned IMMEDIATELY with NO chance of reinstatement.

Why hate? The experience advantage is something I've awarded to Detroit long ago. That basically decided the series last year, this year... not as much, but still no comparison between the teams.

Just IMHO -- the first game, the loss of cool was bad for the team. The second, not so much -- I believe Malkin's blow-up was needed to get the team going for game 3.

malkin.jpg

zata.jpg

Yeah, sure looks like the fight fired up the Pens. Looks like they don't even wanna touch Malkin with a 10ft clown pole. Meanwhile, Z is gettin props from the bench.

Bettman needs to continue to find ways to waive automatic suspensions for Pittsburgh players -- During the regular season, he exempted Crosby from the rule stating you must PLAY in the All Star Game or be suspended the following game, and Crosby came out that game wth 5 points. This time, Malkin get a "get out of jail free" card, from his automatic suspension for instigating in the final 5 minutes, and puts up 3 points in this game.

No, he did not have to PLAY, but he did have to show up for the media. If he chose not to show up in Montreal, that would have led to a suspension.

BOTP---let us not forget that you attacked a member of this website "jack ryan" last night with the thread asking him about his broom now.

Btw that was "Jake." Don't you think I was OK for just a wee bit of fun after the arrogant stuff that guy posted?

I like to think I post like the best play hockey. Honest, aggressive and hard-hitting. Pulling no punches, giving props where due, checking hard when I think someone's full o' crap. If that makes me a troll in some eyes, so be it.

Speaking of Jake, where is he now anyway? Seems to have disappeared like vapor.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Btw that was "Jake." Don't you think I was OK for just a wee bit of fun after the arrogant stuff that guy posted?

I like to think I post like the best play hockey. Honest, aggressive and hard-hitting. Pulling no punches, giving props where due, checking hard when I think someone's full o' crap. If that makes me a troll in some eyes, so be it.

yes but attacking members of this site isnt what "honest, aggressive, and hard-hitting"posters do. It is what trolls do.

You know who beware... reminds me of - Dr. Smith from Lost in Space. Tries to be all polite and sugary, but is truly a conniving sniveling effeminate little coward who works to stir up trouble.

DrSmith11.jpg