• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Steve Yzerman

Rate this topic

I for one want to see the dats we all have gown to love.

He needs to stop start and turn on a dime to be effective.

I say why stop the train? Now we need him, and he will be 90-100% I think it was a good choice to keep him out.

Fully rested and fresh, unlike everyone else out there.

If you were the pens youd be s***ting your pants at the thought of a 100% rested pretty healthy dats being injected into a lineup that is tough to play already.

I don't know who you're paying the greater disservice... Pasha for not measuring up to our version of a legend, or Stevie for expecting ANYONE to be on par with him.

Exactly. You can't hold Stevie out as the ultimate warrior on one hand, then criticize anyone who falls short of that on the other. If everyone was an Yzerman, then Yzerman the original wouldn't be anything special.

None of that was meant to be a comment on Pav, just pointing out the idiocy of using Yzerman as the minimum expectation for heart.

Edited by C-TownWing

Heaven forbid someone call out a red wing player. You people need to realize that just because fans call out a player does not mean theyre a fairweather fan.

Anytime an Osgood is a bad goalie thread, Samuelsson or Lilja sucks thread, etc is made this board goes ape sh!t and accuses that said poster of being a fairweather fan, doesnt know the game, low IQ level. These accusations are illogical and are fallacies.

Is Pavel soft? Maybe. Who knows. I dont know, you guys dont know. If he is, however, that doesnt take away from how good a player he is or what he means to this team.

Yes, calling a person posting a "X player sucks and is lazy" thread a moron is a logical fallacy. :rolleyes:

Let's use logic here for a second.

People who play pro sports are the best of the best in their sport.

People who are the best at their sport cannot suck.

Ergo, if you're a pro, you cannot suck.

The threads you're talking about are the threads people make after games calling a player out and saying they suck in general at the sport. Not "they suck in this past game," it's usually, "Datsyuk sucks, he can never score, he's slow and doesn't do anything for the team ever."

That's the logical fallacy here.

Datsyuk is not Steve Yzerman. If he was, I'd be really happy that we found a way to clone The Captain, but it's still not possible.

Regardless, not all foot/leg injuries are created equal. It's completely possible that Yzerman couldn't possibly injure himself any worse by playing injured. It's completely possible that Datsyuk could injure himself further, possibly even doing permanent damage to his leg.

We have Dats signed until 2014--5 more years at $6.7 million a year. Losing that kind of a player permanently because he stupidly wanted to push himself is not beneficial to the organization, and you're making yourself look like an idiot for wanting that potential.

You don't have Datsyuk's medical chart in front of you, and I'm fairly sure you're not a doctor.

Until one of those two things change, please do us all a favor and kindly shut the hell up.

(Edit to add in my eye roll smilie :D)

Edited by Theophany

Guest Crymson
Its the Stanley Cup final and Pavs is skating. If you can skate, you can play. Enough is enough already, we need him in game 4.

Nice ridiculous post.

Id be willing to bet a months salary that hed be playing if he had an injury identical to Datsyuks.

Just saying. :cool:

Wow, what a below 70 IQ thing to say.

Somewhere there's a video of Pavs jumping to avoid a hit vs Chicago and he ends up taking a good hit to the hip against the boards. Someone said this was the cause of a hipflexior injury, not a foot issue.

Ray Ferraro said he saw Pavs skating and it was obvious that he couldn't play like that.

I suppose Draper's a ***** too, then right?

Hey, isn't that a big bowl of STFU with your name on it?

Guest Crymson
Wow, what a below 70 IQ thing to say.

Yeah, no s***.

So, how are we all going to divide up that month's salary?

:thumbup:

Exactly. You can't hold Stevie out as the ultimate warrior on one hand, then criticize anyone who falls short of that on the other. If everyone was an Yzerman, then Yzerman the original wouldn't be anything special.

None of that was meant to be a comment on Pav, just pointing out the idiocy of using Yzerman as the minimum expectation for heart.