• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manoir

TSN bashing the officiating

Rate this topic

Gary Bettman is playing the series on a video game... he decides which shots will hit the post...which shots will go in...and which team he wanst to win

He controls all the referees minds with a hidden microchip...

He controls how good Sidney Crosby is...

It is just a big, giant conspiracy for the Pens to win the cup....

That's why the textbook interference was called on Ericson.

Thats why Crosby only has one point so far.

Thats why he had your team own us last year.

Thats why he had us nearly fall apart in the regular season

Get Over it!

For the record, its also impossible to fix basketball.

If he could rig hockey, I'm sure he would.

But you simply can't.

Like I said, its not just Wings fans that notice.

For the record, its also impossible to fix basketball.

Not conspiracy, it's called CHEATING!

When and how does this go beyond simple conspiracy theories to actual investigations?

Is it even possible to "expose" any form of cheating on the part of the NHL? Someone from the inside has to leak out information, I think. And unless it's a ref I don't think anyone is going to find out about it. I do think ito's gone beyond simple bitching by the victims and is now entering "suspicious" territory. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll ever find out.

I'm not sure if anything could ever prove it. This is, after all, a league that can disallow legal goals and allow goals to be scored off of the netting. And the league that pays people (commentators, refs, etc. to make calls that blatantly defy any and all video evidence.)

Edited by VM1138

Gary Bettman is playing the series on a video game... he decides which shots will hit the post...which shots will go in...and which team he wanst to win

Get Over it!

But you simply can't.

I also doubt there is some conspiracy out there. Even in spite of the TSN video which shows Eaton standing five feet from a linesman and the center-ice ref staring right at him as he skates to the bench. I believe it's possible Eaton was warned. Clearly both the ref and linesman saw him skate off and they could have called him all the way until he got on the bench, but didn't. Still, I think they didn't want to affect the offense which I can in theory agree with. I'd just like some impartiality.

You, however, should realize that this is a Red Wings board. Don't be a punk because nobody can hold you to account. Be an adult and control your actions. That was a terrible non-call and we have a right to be upset about it. This is in no way similar to the Hossa "hook/slash" on Dupuis and is only marginally similar to the Zetterberg "glove on puck on back". If that last one bothered you, you should be able to sympathize with us. Most mature fans are in agreement that there have been some non-calls both ways, but that doesn't mean we have to like something as grievous as this.

Wing persistently obtain away with interaction therefore penguins they make now also. Boring hockey!!! Transmission too many people on the penalty of ice compensates Hossa breaking one of the knobs of penguins in game 2. cause ALL penalties!

blah blah blah, come back when you make some sense.

Get Over it!

But you simply can't.

Had it been the Wings with 6 skaters on the ice for that period of time, the Penguins bench would have been screaming and they would have been nailed for it right away. You're gonna sit here and tell everyone that you and your fellow Crosby fans would have not been upset about the situation had it been reversed? Please. Penguins fans would be just as pissed off had the Wings gotten away with 6 skaters on the ice for that period of time and not been called for it.

When and how does this go beyond simple conspiracy theories to actual investigations?

Is it even possible to "expose" any form of cheating on the part of the NHL? Someone from the inside has to leak out information, I think. And unless it's a ref I don't think anyone is going to find out about it. I do think ito's gone beyond simple bitching by the victims and is now entering "suspicious" territory. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll ever find out.

I'm not sure if anything could ever prove it. This is, after all, a league that can disallow legal goals and allow goals to be scored off of the netting. And the league that pays people (commentators, refs, etc. to make calls that blatantly defy any and all video evidence.)

The real sad thing is that the best thing for the health of the league is for this to be covered up and let it fade into the sunset. Any conspiracy that implicates the league itself would really set back a lot of progress the sport has seen these last few years.

Here's a question: how many times do refs and linesmen warn players before penalizing an infraction? I know linesmen will yell at a guy to warn him he's offside, and refs are always warning guys in scrums to avoid roughing penalties.

Is it possible, and would anyone be amenable to the refs warning a guy against an infraction that really wasn't affecting his teams offense?

The real sad thing is that the best thing for the health of the league is for this to be covered up and let it fade into the sunset. Any conspiracy that implicates the league itself would really set back a lot of progress the sport has seen these last few years.

Here's a question: how many times do refs and linesmen warn players before penalizing an infraction? I know linesmen will yell at a guy to warn him he's offside, and refs are always warning guys in scrums to avoid roughing penalties.

Is it possible, and would anyone be amenable to the refs warning a guy against an infraction that really wasn't affecting his teams offense?

20 seconds of 6 on 5 is a lot different than warning someone they're offsides.

A conspiracy or not, I would think the wing players must be getting frustrated by now, after three games of this. The officiating this series is way beyond inconsistant. This series will never be as good as it could be if both teams could play without ref drama. Everyone suffers.

Wing persistently obtain away with interaction therefore penguins they make now also. Boring hockey!!! Transmission too many people on the penalty of ice compensates Hossa breaking one of the knobs of penguins in game 2. cause ALL penalties!

I've read this four times now, and I still have no idea what you're saying.

Still, I think they didn't want to affect the offense which I can in theory agree with. I'd just like some impartiality.

Whoa, there sparky.

Offsides is a lot less of an infraction than too many men on the ice; that's whistled dead immediately if it's an offensive offsides.

This should be the same in EVERY case. Delayed call on defensive (and not waved off, unlike offsides), and called immediately when in possession of the puck.

Too many men should be called every time that it's easily verified. In this case, it was completely and totally obvious, and it should have been called.

It's ridiculous that it wasn't.

i think only the linesmen can call too many men so if a ref notices 6 men on the ice, he cant do much. at least i think thats the case. just like a linesman cant call a tripping penalty even if its obvious.

All of the officials can bring penalities to the referees' attention.

I dont know if there is a conspiracy or not but to believe that its out of the realm of possibility is naive. That ref in the NBA that got busted a year or two back. Money has a certain effect on people....

Get Over it!

But you simply can't.

You can definately make it harder on one team in a series. Ala starting a finals on 2 days rest (finals being moved up), and then forcing the team with short rest to play back to back. You can rescind automatic suspensions (Yeah I heard the BS explanation, tell me when a player starting a fight IS NOT trying to send a message?). You can give one team more PP's in the series, and the games. You can make calls at certain times, that have been let go all game long etc.... All of which have taken place, and have benefitted one team more than the other.

i think only the linesmen can call too many men so if a ref notices 6 men on the ice, he cant do much. at least i think thats the case. just like a linesman cant call a tripping penalty even if its obvious.

FAIL!!! Actually while it may be the linesmans responsibility to look for too many men, ANYONE can make the call.

Not only are you dead wrong, because this is a call that is automatic when it is this aggregious. When players are making a change they are supposed to be given 5 feet of leeway. So first off this call is automatic. Second, how could he have not been helping their offense? It sure is easier to keep a puck in the offensive zone with 6 players, and create confusion for the D. Whether the guy played the puck or not is irrelevant. It allowed the Pens to have 4 guys down low forechecking. Creating a 4 on 3 down low in favor of the Pens.

Well, it's rather interesting that the ref skated up to the Pens defensemen --within a few feet--from behind and the guy went directly to bench without looking around to make the determination that they had too many on the ice for himself. It looks very suspicious. Just a coincidence? Or is this the evidence that one can point to to claim that the fix is in?

And, do you really think the Wings players would make something like this up?

Edited by dicksmack

Well, it's rather interesting that the ref skated up to the Pens defensemen --within a feet--from behind and the guy went directly to bench without looking around to make the determination that they had too many on the ice for himself. It looks very suspicious. Just a coincidence? Or is this the evidence that one can point to to claim that the fix is in?

And, do you really think the Wings players would make something like this up?

Its obvious that some Wings fans have nothing else better to think about or do in between games other than think about conspiracy theories. I suppose no one has even considered the fact that the Wings lost game 3 on their own with shoddy defensive play and lack of intensity in the 3rd period? Not to mention a bad goal that Ozzie gave up that went 5 hole on him and he wasn't even screened.

No, its easier for the fans here to point to conspiracy and pass the blame. What a joke.

Its obvious that some Wings fans have nothing else better to think about or do in between games other than think about conspiracy theories. I suppose no one has even considered the fact that the Wings lost game 3 on their own with shoddy defensive play and lack of intensity in the 3rd period? Not to mention a bad goal that Ozzie gave up that went 5 hole on him and he wasn't even screened.

No, its easier for the fans here to point to conspiracy and pass the blame. What a joke.

Hey captain obvious... Did I claim the Wings lost because of the refs? No. I'm suggesting that it's very suspicious and points to the Pens gettin' a freebie. Wake up.

It's not everyday the refs get caught in the act.

Edited by dicksmack

Guest E_S_A_D

That's pure cheating if the Refs were saying 'get off the ice' without calling too many men. I'm sickened to hear that, cheapens the sport. amd_timdonaghy.jpg

I think if anything does come out about any corrupt officials it will be shortly after this series is over. I know conspiracies sound really crazy, but it sure makes it hard to not think there is one. The whole moving up the finals business, the inconsistent penalties, Pens being allowed to molest Hossa, this whole 6-on-5 incident. Looking back, does anyone remember a BJ player playing with two sticks in game 2 I believe? He didn't get called for it. Or how in game 7 against the Caps, the Pens had ZERO penalities? I know the Pens played clean in that game, but does anyone believe that an entire team can play complete angelic hockey 100% of the time, especially when they have Orpik?

The officiating is showing either extreme incompetence or extreme bias. I'm not sure which one, but it could be a combination of both.