Photo
- - - - -

Malkin - Zetterberg is a Nuisance

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Quoted only part of the interview...
He also could have been suspended for not tying his jersey down!! (forgot that one)
Did the episode in the last game give you that push to come out and win no matter what?

I don't know, because there was a clash in front of the net and emotions just ran free. We were losing and there was a little bit of anger. I don't think it was that much of a fight there. We were pulled apart quite quickly. If it did give us that push, then it's good because we won.

Were you targeting Zetterberg specifically? I am just asking because you skated around the net to get to him.

I skated around the net because he hit Talbot. They had a two-on-one [fight]. I saw it right away and went up to him. I also saw that he didn't mind fighting as well.

Zetterberg is one of those players who cause your offense the most grief. His play against Sidney Crosby(notes) has been very effective. Maybe he just got in your head?

Well, maybe... It's not like that. I don't fight very well myself. I am not a tough guy. These were just emotions because of the losing. We had a lot of chances but didn't score, hit the post. Of course, Zetterberg is an excellent player both in defense and offensively. He performs all of his duties to 100 percent. He is a nuisance to us.

Were you surprised that you were not suspended after that game?

No, I wasn't, because I saw a lot of other incidents when no penalties were called in the playoffs. We were pulled apart pretty quickly. It wasn't even a fight. It shouldn't have even been a penalty.

And this little gem to look forward to:

How are you getting ready for a possible "meeting" with Datsyuk? Zetterberg will probably carry on covering Crosby. But Datsyuk will probably be taking care of your line.

I hope he won't be ready to 100 percent. Hope he will be limping a little bit and won't be as quick. Maybe it will be possible to play against him and maybe even score. [Malkin joked] Pavel is a very good player, plays well in defense. He will make both their defense and offense stronger.

Wanna read the whole thing? Go here:
Malkin Interview Puck Daddy

Edited by AtomicPunk, 03 June 2009 - 08:14 PM.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! ™ - RETIRED 2012

#2 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ June 3, 2009 - 07:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quoted only part of the interview...
He also could have been suspended for not tying his jersey down!! (forgot that one)
Did the episode in the last game give you that push to come out and win no matter what?

I don't know, because there was a clash in front of the net and emotions just ran free. We were losing and there was a little bit of anger. I don't think it was that much of a fight there. We were pulled apart quite quickly. If it did give us that push, then it's good because we won.

Were you targeting Zetterberg specifically? I am just asking because you skated around the net to get to him.

I skated around the net because he hit Talbot. They had a two-on-one [fight]. I saw it right away and went up to him. I also saw that he didn't mind fighting as well.

Zetterberg is one of those players who cause your offense the most grief. His play against Sidney Crosby(notes) has been very effective. Maybe he just got in your head?

Well, maybe... It's not like that. I don't fight very well myself. I am not a tough guy. These were just emotions because of the losing. We had a lot of chances but didn't score, hit the post. Of course, Zetterberg is an excellent player both in defense and offensively. He performs all of his duties to 100 percent. He is a nuisance to us.

Were you surprised that you were not suspended after that game?

No, I wasn't, because I saw a lot of other incidents when no penalties were called in the playoffs. We were pulled apart pretty quickly. It wasn't even a fight. It shouldn't have even been a penalty.

And this little gem to look forward to:

How are you getting ready for a possible "meeting" with Datsyuk? Zetterberg will probably carry on covering Crosby. But Datsyuk will probably be taking care of your line.

I hope he won't be ready to 100 percent. Hope he will be limping a little bit and won't be as quick. Maybe it will be possible to play against him and maybe even score. [Malkin joked] Pavel is a very good player, plays well in defense. He will make both their defense and offense stronger.

Wanna read the whole thing? Go here:
Malkin Interview Puck Daddy

Sounds like you'd expect... I'm sure Z would be happy to know he's annoying them with his stifling defense! thumbup.gif
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#3 Cern

Cern

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

Sounds like Zetterberg is doing his job perfectly. Now we just need Datsyuk back to be the same kind of neutralizing presence against Malkin.
1 2 3 4|1 2 3 4 5 6 7|1 2 3 4 5|1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#4 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

You know, I almost hate to admit this, but I actually don't mind Malkin. He seems like a pretty decent guy. Other than a certain other Penguin superstar.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#5 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

He said the "n" word. ohmy.gif

#6 dlawings

dlawings

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ June 3, 2009 - 10:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He said the "n" word. ohmy.gif

Are you sure, with his Russian accent one cannot be SURE!!

#7 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Malkin is a putz. I cannot stand him
“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin

#8 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

I have to admit I'm looking very much forward to seeing a possible Malkin--Datsyuk--Ovechkin line at the Vancouver Olympics

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#9 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Jersey Wing @ June 3, 2009 - 11:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to admit I'm looking very much forward to seeing a possible Malkin--Datsyuk--Ovechkin line at the Vancouver Olympics

RUS will want to maximize Malkin's effectiveness and he's not as effective on the wing.

But I agree, next year's olympics are going to be very interesting, especially from a Red Wings fan's perspective.

Z versus Pav... You know what? That might be the way to finally decide once and for all who's better?... Well, probably not, but it's a step closer.

Some predict that Filppula will be the 4th line center for Finland, you know he'll want a shot at both of them.

And then possibly Mike Babcock having to coach against them.

Edited by titanium2, 03 June 2009 - 10:22 PM.

#10 dlawings

dlawings

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Jersey Wing @ June 3, 2009 - 10:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about the young Russian goalie, Simeon Varlamov? Not on the line, but a good addition to their team.

Edited by dlawings, 03 June 2009 - 10:19 PM.

#11 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

I LOVE the Olympic hockey tournament with the Pros, like 7 teams have a legit shot to win...

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#12 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Jersey Wing @ June 3, 2009 - 08:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I LOVE the Olympic hockey tournament with the Pros, like 7 teams have a legit shot to win...

Sweden is too deep (sound familiar? laugh.gif) to be taken out, IMO.

The Sedin brothers, ZÀta, Lundqvist in net, Lidström, Kronwall, Sammy, PÄhlsson, BÀckström...

The other teams should be thankful that Foresberg and Mats Sundin probably won't play.

But yes, it should be interesting; I'll be cheering on Sweden with my Lidström sweater on. biggrin.gif

#13 NickShep10

NickShep10

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Cern @ June 3, 2009 - 08:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like Zetterberg is doing his job perfectly. Now we just need Datsyuk back to be the same kind of neutralizing presence against Malkin.

couldnt have put it better

#14 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

Malkin is a funny straight forward guy - coming out of his shell a bit this post-season.

I like him ALOT more than Sid, probably because he doesn't get all the press, but still Malkin has never done or said anything that bugs me. Even his fighting Z I thought showed some passion....maybe Sid can learn from him... dry.gif
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#15 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (RockyMountainWingGal @ June 4, 2009 - 12:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Malkin is a funny straight forward guy - coming out of his shell a bit this post-season.

I like him ALOT more than Sid, probably because he doesn't get all the press, but still Malkin has never done or said anything that bugs me. Even his fighting Z I thought showed some passion....maybe Sid can learn from him... dry.gif

You sure that's not because he doesn't know how to speak English? tongue.gif (Or, at least, he hadn't for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time.)

Edited by Ms_Hockey, 03 June 2009 - 11:37 PM.

QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#16 theswede

theswede

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:18 AM

Malkin is a great guy and a professional role-model, he just happends to play for the wrong team.