• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtomicPunk

Malkin - Zetterberg is a Nuisance

Rate this topic

Quoted only part of the interview...

He also could have been suspended for not tying his jersey down!! (forgot that one)

Did the episode in the last game give you that push to come out and win no matter what?

I don't know, because there was a clash in front of the net and emotions just ran free. We were losing and there was a little bit of anger. I don't think it was that much of a fight there. We were pulled apart quite quickly. If it did give us that push, then it's good because we won.

Were you targeting Zetterberg specifically? I am just asking because you skated around the net to get to him.

I skated around the net because he hit Talbot. They had a two-on-one [fight]. I saw it right away and went up to him. I also saw that he didn't mind fighting as well.

Zetterberg is one of those players who cause your offense the most grief. His play against Sidney Crosby(notes) has been very effective. Maybe he just got in your head?

Well, maybe... It's not like that. I don't fight very well myself. I am not a tough guy. These were just emotions because of the losing. We had a lot of chances but didn't score, hit the post. Of course, Zetterberg is an excellent player both in defense and offensively. He performs all of his duties to 100 percent. He is a nuisance to us.

Were you surprised that you were not suspended after that game?

No, I wasn't, because I saw a lot of other incidents when no penalties were called in the playoffs. We were pulled apart pretty quickly. It wasn't even a fight. It shouldn't have even been a penalty.

And this little gem to look forward to:

How are you getting ready for a possible "meeting" with Datsyuk? Zetterberg will probably carry on covering Crosby. But Datsyuk will probably be taking care of your line.

I hope he won't be ready to 100 percent. Hope he will be limping a little bit and won't be as quick. Maybe it will be possible to play against him and maybe even score. [Malkin joked] Pavel is a very good player, plays well in defense. He will make both their defense and offense stronger.

Wanna read the whole thing? Go here:

Malkin Interview Puck Daddy

Edited by AtomicPunk

Quoted only part of the interview...

He also could have been suspended for not tying his jersey down!! (forgot that one)

Did the episode in the last game give you that push to come out and win no matter what?

I don't know, because there was a clash in front of the net and emotions just ran free. We were losing and there was a little bit of anger. I don't think it was that much of a fight there. We were pulled apart quite quickly. If it did give us that push, then it's good because we won.

Were you targeting Zetterberg specifically? I am just asking because you skated around the net to get to him.

I skated around the net because he hit Talbot. They had a two-on-one [fight]. I saw it right away and went up to him. I also saw that he didn't mind fighting as well.

Zetterberg is one of those players who cause your offense the most grief. His play against Sidney Crosby(notes) has been very effective. Maybe he just got in your head?

Well, maybe... It's not like that. I don't fight very well myself. I am not a tough guy. These were just emotions because of the losing. We had a lot of chances but didn't score, hit the post. Of course, Zetterberg is an excellent player both in defense and offensively. He performs all of his duties to 100 percent. He is a nuisance to us.

Were you surprised that you were not suspended after that game?

No, I wasn't, because I saw a lot of other incidents when no penalties were called in the playoffs. We were pulled apart pretty quickly. It wasn't even a fight. It shouldn't have even been a penalty.

And this little gem to look forward to:

How are you getting ready for a possible "meeting" with Datsyuk? Zetterberg will probably carry on covering Crosby. But Datsyuk will probably be taking care of your line.

I hope he won't be ready to 100 percent. Hope he will be limping a little bit and won't be as quick. Maybe it will be possible to play against him and maybe even score. [Malkin joked] Pavel is a very good player, plays well in defense. He will make both their defense and offense stronger.

Wanna read the whole thing? Go here:

Malkin Interview Puck Daddy

Sounds like you'd expect... I'm sure Z would be happy to know he's annoying them with his stifling defense! :thumbup:

Sounds like Zetterberg is doing his job perfectly. Now we just need Datsyuk back to be the same kind of neutralizing presence against Malkin.

I have to admit I'm looking very much forward to seeing a possible Malkin--Datsyuk--Ovechkin line at the Vancouver Olympics

RUS will want to maximize Malkin's effectiveness and he's not as effective on the wing.

But I agree, next year's olympics are going to be very interesting, especially from a Red Wings fan's perspective.

Z versus Pav... You know what? That might be the way to finally decide once and for all who's better?... Well, probably not, but it's a step closer.

Some predict that Filppula will be the 4th line center for Finland, you know he'll want a shot at both of them.

And then possibly Mike Babcock having to coach against them.

Edited by titanium2

I have to admit I'm looking very much forward to seeing a possible Malkin--Datsyuk--Ovechkin line at the Vancouver Olympics

How about the young Russian goalie, Simeon Varlamov? Not on the line, but a good addition to their team.

Edited by dlawings

I LOVE the Olympic hockey tournament with the Pros, like 7 teams have a legit shot to win...

Sweden is too deep (sound familiar? :lol:) to be taken out, IMO.

The Sedin brothers, Zäta, Lundqvist in net, Lidström, Kronwall, Sammy, Påhlsson, Bäckström...

The other teams should be thankful that Foresberg and Mats Sundin probably won't play.

But yes, it should be interesting; I'll be cheering on Sweden with my Lidström sweater on. :D

Malkin is a funny straight forward guy - coming out of his shell a bit this post-season.

I like him ALOT more than Sid, probably because he doesn't get all the press, but still Malkin has never done or said anything that bugs me. Even his fighting Z I thought showed some passion....maybe Sid can learn from him... <_<

Malkin is a funny straight forward guy - coming out of his shell a bit this post-season.

I like him ALOT more than Sid, probably because he doesn't get all the press, but still Malkin has never done or said anything that bugs me. Even his fighting Z I thought showed some passion....maybe Sid can learn from him... <_<

You sure that's not because he doesn't know how to speak English? :P (Or, at least, he hadn't for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time.)

Edited by Ms_Hockey