• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

Time for Marian Friggin' Hossa to step up with his usual Game 4 awesome-itude and pot 3 goals and a couple helpers. Z and Dats shutdown every offensive chance the Pens think they might have and we crush them 6-0. MAF is chased after letting the fourth goal in off his butt in the beginning of the second period.

Crush. Kill. Destroy!!!!

LETS GO WINGS!

Edited by SliderJeff

Sadly I won't be able to watch this game, but I think the boys will get it done. Datsyuk and Draper will add some energy to the team, and Hossa should have a big game.

Wings 5 - Hossa, Z, Hudler, Kronwall, Cleary

Pens 2

Current Streaks

Historical Franchise

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Road: 1-game losing streak.

Season Playoffs

Playoff games vs. Pittsburgh

Historical Franchise

Road: 2-game losing streak.

Series Streaks vs. Pittsburgh

Record in Game 4

This is the 88th Best-of-Seven Series Game 4. The Club’s record in the previous 87 games:

40W-47L.

This is the 61st Best-of-Seven Series with home-ice advantage Game 4. The Club’s record in the previous 60 games:

31W-30L.

This is the 24th Stanley Cup Final Series Game 4. The Club’s record in the previous 23 games:

11W-12L.

This is the 15th Stanley Cup Final Series with home-ice advantage Game 4. The Club’s record in the previous 14 games:

9W-5L.

This is the 2nd Stanley Cup Final Game 4 vs. Pittsburgh. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

Record in Game 4 with Series 2-1

This is the 34th Best-of-Seven Series Game 4 with series 2-1. The Club’s record in the previous 33 games:

14W-19L.

This is the 26th Best-of-Seven Series with home-ice advantage Game 4 with series 2-1. The Club’s record in the previous 25 games:

10W-15L.

This is the 8th Stanley Cup Final Series Game 4 with series 2-1. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:

3W-4L.

This is the 6th Stanley Final Series Game 4 with home-ice advantage with series 2-1. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

3W-2L.

This is the 2nd Stanley Cup Final Series Game 4 vs. Pittsburgh with series 2-1. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

Games on this Date

This is the 4th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

2W-1L.

LGW.

Wings get 2 goals called back because of goaltender interferance.. (homer at center ice)

Pens score on a 7 on 5 and the goal is allowed because they had intent to score it on a 5 on 5.

Wings win 4-3 Hossa scores 2 of them.

And when he is announced as the 1st star he skates all around the ice with his hands held high in the air with the fans preceding to boo him with jealousy..

I think after Hoss' is selected as the 1st star he pulls a Ned Braden ala Slapshot and skates around the ice stripping and throwing his pads at the Penguin fans

I think after Hoss' is selected as the 1st star he pulls a Ned Braden ala Slapshot and skates around the ice stripping and throwing his pads at the Penguin fans

Youtube it if it happens. That would be priceless.

Okay boys it's time to silence the Pens and their fans. Show 'em what a Stanley cup champion looks like! A solid 60 minutes and don't let up! Play the way we all know you can. Hopefully Hossa will have a HUGE game and send the crowd home crying. Also, I hope we see Pavel tonight. I think his presence alone will be a big boost to the team.

Having Draper back should be a plus as well. Fresh legs are never a bad thing.

I'm so nervous for this one, but I am confident that they will put off the win in true Red Wings style!

:siren: :siren: Let's Go Wings! :siren: :siren:

Big win for the Wings tonight!

12-1, Dats with a triple-hat-trick, all even strength. Hoss with a hattie as well.

The Pens score at 19:57 in the third after a linesman collects the puck for a face off in the Pit zone, skates to the Detroit end and throws the puck into the net as he gives Ozzie a hug. The play is reviewed in Toronto and tallied as a goal. NHL "Rule" 1992.0, aka the "Pipes Need Cleaning rule", allows for this. Crosby gets credit for the unassisted goal. After the game, Bettman declares that Crosby is better than Howe and Gretzky combined.

I think with just Draper in that will help the Wings not be tired in the 3rd but if both him and Dats play that will help. They need to dig in now and don't let the Pens back in. I'll be nervous all day until the game starts. I hate the waiting

Wings in 4-2, Hossa gets 2, I mean the odds are in his favor there. :) GO WINGS!!!!

Win tonight! Wings need to win the next two games so I can actually watch them win the Cup! Go Wings!

why can't you if it goes past 5? I would it cause it would be a saturday and I can stay up as late as I want to watch the celebration.

Edited by StevieY9802

IMPORTANT ADVISE by BETTMAN:

NEW TIME-OUT RULES (last minute) please pay attention:

If Detroit coach calls a time out he can to talk to his players...but in Japanese or in Afrikaans

During the time out Pittsburgh can keep playing in 5 vs 0 for a minute..

If Pittsburgh coach calls a time out,ALL Red Wings players (Babcock included) MUST continue to skating as fast as they can for two hours..

After the timeout RedWings players must replace their composite sticks with sugar sticks!!

and if some players gonna break it can't replace his stick but can play kicking the puck with his skates but absolutely can't score..Ok??

Go 5 Wings!

and good luck 6 Pens :D

For the superstitous folk out there. I am going to Boston in the fall, and so I went to get Patriots tickets this morning, and the code I had to enter so they could confirm I am not a robot was:

"Magicking Marian"

:champs:

Wow. Thats nuts. The only thing that could have made it better is if it were "Hattricking Marian"

Well that would be awesome. :wub:

LOL.