• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

Im pretty nervous about this game!

That might not be such a bad thing though. I was really nervous before games 1 and 2, but very relaxed before game 3. Sooooo...we all know what happened with those games!

I'm always nervous no matter what. They could up 3-0 in a series and I would be nervous. As I said earlier I hate waiting around for the game. Just be 8pm already!

"Will Pittsburgh buck last season's trend and send these finals back to Detroit 2-2? Will Pavel Datsyuk skate to Detroit's rescue?"

That from espn.com's front page today...

I was unaware that by losing one road game in the finals that the Wings needed to be "rescued"

"Will Pittsburgh buck last season's trend and send these finals back to Detroit 2-2? Will Pavel Datsyuk skate to Detroit's rescue?"

That from espn.com's front page today...

I was unaware that by losing one road game in the finals that the Wings needed to be "rescued"

It's obvious that the NHL and the media want the Penguins to be the next dominate hockey club. Good thing we have Holland setting us up for another 10 years. lol

After tonight, we'll see who needs rescuing *coughpenscough*

Kill. Maim. Destroy. Obliterate. Annihilate. WIN.

Very important game tonight. We need to win, to bring it back to Hockeytown to skate with the Cup on Saturday. Step on their throats, go the full 60 minutes and DO NOT LET UP. We can do this, we will do this.

Wings win, Hank with the hat trick.

Soooo happy I don't work tonight...I've worked til 9 the first 3 games! So now I get to see the first period...and that's good luck I hope.

FYI, I was thinking today, in the 2009 Playoffs we are 5-0 in Games 4 + 5 so far. Hopefully the trend continues, and we're skating with Stanley on the weekend.

I said Wings in 5, with Pittsburgh winning Game 3, at the beginning of the series. So far I've been correct.

Wings win 4-2 tonight. :thumbup:

Let's Go Red Wings!!

The last 5 cup winners all LOST game 3.

...and now for some video mojo:

Metallica - "All nightmare long" Starts with "Luck. Runs. Out." and the hook is insane.

P.S. I don't know why the video for that song is so damn weird.

and "Red Sky" by John B. Red Wings, Red Sky.. yeah. Great D&B song.

Ok. Pens got their win. A gimme. Freebie. Whatever.

Enough talk from Sissy Crosby and these clowns in the media claiming this series is just starting and the pressure now rests with Detroit! Uhhh. Yeh. OK.

There's NO crying in hockey Crosby!!!

2 W's til Cup 12.

Go Wings!!!

Game 4 Hossa will score at least 1 goal.. Good to have Drapes back we need him in the faceoff off circle and on the Pk.. Really have my fingers crossed that Dats will be in the lineup tonight, come on hockey gods!!.... LET GO WINGS

(motorcitykid @ June 4, 2009 - 03:28PM)

Enough talk from Sissy Crosby and these clowns in the media claiming this series is just starting and the pressure now rests with Detroit! Uhhh. Yeh. OK.

Is that what Cindy said? These guys learned nothing from last year! Keep your mouth shut! Whatever pressure we had going into Game 4, they've got it all back now. Thanks idiot!

Edited by Barrie

Hossa with his customary 2 goals, Z, Flip and MAF knocks one in off his ass Wings win 5-2, at the end of the game Versus will show a shot of Sindy and Bettman both crying over the loss.

GO WINGS!!!! SHUT THE NATIONAL MEDIA UP AND PUT SINDY AND THE REST OF THE FLIGHTLESS BIRDS OUT OF THIER MISERY.

And when he is announced as the 1st star he skates all around the ice with his hands held high in the air with the fans preceding to boo him with jealousy..

Chelios FTW...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Anyway, crucial game tonight. Buccigross said that the winner of game 4 wins the series, and honestly, I'm having a hard time disagreeing.

Let me tell you guys something.

Four years ago, a group of my friends and I decided to go ice skating at the local recreation center. So I was last in line and all of my friends paid $5 and got in. As I went to pay, I discovered that I had lost my five dollars to get in. I started scrambling and emptied my pockets but I could not find that money. I began to get desperate when the lady at the entrance just said "Just go ahead young fellow." So I thanked her and counted my blessing that the lady was a good soul, letting an old scrat middle schooler like me in for free.

So I rented my skates and went to put them on to discover that the five dollar bill was in my shoe. So I had a decision to make and I consulted my friend Zachary. Zachary said, "Brother, let me tell you a little something about loyalty. You could walk away and skate and have a great time tonight for free because of the kindness of an old lady. But there's something more to it. Sometimes the easiest and most economically sound decision isn't always the right choice. Sometimes we sacrifice our well-being just because it's the right thing to do. And that is loyalty my friend. It means that somebody out there gives a shi t about you. And you have to ask yourself who you give a sh it about. Now look in the mirror, ask yourself who you are loyal to, and if you are as loyal as the woman, then give her the five dollars back."

So I heeded my friends advice and I decided to be loyal. I gave the money back and the woman appreciated it. And I had a great ice skating time that night.

Now what does this story have to do with game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals? Everything. Don't you fools understand? Loyalty is what has carried us this far and it is what will carry us throught the storm. If the fans on this board are loyal tonight and the players feed off of this loyalty and we prove our organization to be more loyal, we cannot lose. Loyalty is the most important attribute and it will never fail us as long as we never fail to be loyal.

Remember without loyalty, that unending desire, that inbred spirit, that willingness to be great, true greatness can never be fully realized. But thanks be to heaven, every so often, a team emerges from the pits of He ll to become something greater as a whole than any one player could ever be. And that will be the red wings tonight and every night. And that my friends is loyalty.

I will be there. Is any body else going? I don't want to walk up in there by my self

There are always lots of Wings fans around - don't be afraid of Penguins - be proud!!

I can't take today: Pavel in, Pavel out, Pavel in, Pavel out, i'm hoping and praying for "in" right now.

Must win tonight - Wings will bring their A game - MIA so far these first 3 games. Pens won't be able to match them if they do....

Unfortunately, I'll be out for most of this one. :( Might catch the third live, but will have to DVR! Go Wings!

Not sure that Hossa wills core today but he's going ot be a big reason we win today.

Datsyuk gets 2-3 pts tonight. He looks fired up and ready to prove something to me.

5-2 Detroit.

(I predicted 4-2 loss the other day, lets hope I stay on my 'right' streak) ;)

Let me tell you guys something.

Four years ago, a group of my friends and I decided to go ice skating at the local recreation center. So I was last in line and all of my friends paid $5 and got in. As I went to pay, I discovered that I had lost my five dollars to get in. I started scrambling and emptied my pockets but I could not find that money. I began to get desperate when the lady at the entrance just said "Just go ahead young fellow." So I thanked her and counted my blessing that the lady was a good soul, letting an old scrat middle schooler like me in for free.

So I rented my skates and went to put them on to discover that the five dollar bill was in my shoe. So I had a decision to make and I consulted my friend Zachary. Zachary said, "Brother, let me tell you a little something about loyalty. You could walk away and skate and have a great time tonight for free because of the kindness of an old lady. But there's something more to it. Sometimes the easiest and most economically sound decision isn't always the right choice. Sometimes we sacrifice our well-being just because it's the right thing to do. And that is loyalty my friend. It means that somebody out there gives a shi t about you. And you have to ask yourself who you give a sh it about. Now look in the mirror, ask yourself who you are loyal to, and if you are as loyal as the woman, then give her the five dollars back."

So I heeded my friends advice and I decided to be loyal. I gave the money back and the woman appreciated it. And I had a great ice skating time that night.

Now what does this story have to do with game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals? Everything. Don't you fools understand? Loyalty is what has carried us this far and it is what will carry us throught the storm. If the fans on this board are loyal tonight and the players feed off of this loyalty and we prove our organization to be more loyal, we cannot lose. Loyalty is the most important attribute and it will never fail us as long as we never fail to be loyal.

Remember without loyalty, that unending desire, that inbred spirit, that willingness to be great, true greatness can never be fully realized. But thanks be to heaven, every so often, a team emerges from the pits of He ll to become something greater as a whole than any one player could ever be. And that will be the red wings tonight and every night. And that my friends is loyalty.

Damn Right Gimpy!!! I'm in!! LETS GO WINGS!! You got me fired up now!! Great Story!!