• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

Guest E_S_A_D

Wow, Wings looked confused that period. It's now a 3 game series folks.

1) I'm tired of seeing Malkin on a breakaway.

2) I'm tired of seeing 3 on 2s in our zone.

3) I'm tired of seeing Wings players remain oblivious to poke checks.

4) I'm tired of the WIgns passing the puck into each other skates.

5) I'm tired of the Wings shooting from the outside.

6) I'm tired of the WIngs trying to pass pretty right through all five Pittsburgh players.

7) I'm tired of seeing Kronwall f*** up and not keep the puck from going all the way to open ice for a Pittsburgh player to carry.

8) I'm tired of seeing Homer be useless.

This, coming from a fan who almost never calls out individual players (unless you are Kopecky). I'm so frustrated. I'm an eternal optimist but I have a bad feeling, watching the Pens perform the past few games, that if we lose tonight, we won't win again this series, let alone win the Cup... The WIngs need to play like they want it and stop trying to be pretty.

Send your list to Babcock's blackberry!!!

What happened...started off so well. Shortys are killers...

The Wings' power play -- or lack of one -- was the turning point in this game. The absolute inability to mount ANYTHING resembling pressure on back-to-back chances and then a half-assed defensive effort by Rafalski on Staal's shorthanded goal... ugh...

Epic failure. That's the difference in this game. The power play has gone in the tank since the latter half of the Chicago series.

He scores too many big goals. Hossa and Hudler are more clutch players so far.

Who gives a s*** about bandwagoning?

We're getting dominated and all you can worry about is what people here are posting?

Why worry about it? Nothing I can do about it. All I can do is watch and root them on the best I can.

Why the long passing?? Are we too slow to play a short passing game?? Even for a little bit.. These long passes get picked off like a Lions QB. Why does it seem we can't see what is in front of us when a pass is attempted?? We just seem FLAT. Very frustrating game.

I feel like I'm watching a Lions game...it appears like they are playing with 6 and we are playing with 4...they are everywhere, puck is in open ice and a Pen is the 1st to touch it...no anticipation on our end. If we can't step it up then this game is over and a game 7 is a strong possibility.

Still cheering here and trying to keep hope alive for this game...not yet worried about the series but that could end soon..

C

Get Hossa off Flip's line. At least Filppula is TRYING. I honestly couldn't say the same for Hossa. What a worthless...

See, I think this is constructive. I'm sure you won't go search, but I have posts all over the place on this. Flip can make plays and has made Hossa a game 4 star plenty of times, but he can't do that if Hossa isn't willing to actually play with his line mates. As long as Hossa continues to be an ineffective puck hog, why waste Flip on him? Think what Flip could do with Hank or even Pav come Saturday. Thing is, will Babs shift things around? I think he is far too stubborn with line combos. When things are falling apart or stagnant, you simply have to shake things up. Not just random combos, but put the better performing players on higher lines and the lower performing players on lower lines. Homer for example, belongs on the 4th line. He is not helping the skills guys and is more a liability. We can barely keep the puck, so a net camping expedition really isn't needed right now. Hossa - he needs a talking to.

LOL Without Hossa last year you wouldn't have made it to the finals.

one player does not make a team..we were already playoff bound before he arrived anyway.

but I am glad to see he's working out well for you guys though.

good night..good luck guys.

Edited by littleram

They are playing like complete and utter s***. Horrible effort by the guys. Turnovers galore. It needs to stop NOW. They have to play their best period in the 3rd coming up.

With all that being said, wouldn't be surprised if the Wings scored two early in the third and got back in it. Hopefully a fire has been lit under them.

God I wish we had someone blocking shots. It seems like the Pens are able to do it. Our PP is beyond pathetic this series.

I wouldn't mind seeing Osgood blocking some shots either.

Seems like he plays better when everyone criticizes him.

It'd be nice to have a player like 08 Marian Hossa. 09 Marian Hossa sucks ass.

It's the same Hossa. Hangs on to the puck too long around the perimeter while everyone else stands and watches. It's just that he can get away with it in the regular season because the intensity isn't as high.

What a time to play the worse game in the playoffs,series ties 2-2,and now Saturday is do or die for us,we go back to pitts down 3-2 its all but over. And HOMER sucks,time to make a new sig damn it.

Edited by cupcrazy

Our guys are dead physically and mentally. 4 games in 6 nights is a fact and it is showing its ugly head tonight. Our guys have played hard and deserve a tonne of credit for playing this well considering the circumstances.