• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

I want to see a hat trick from Helm, seeing as he's the only one that is doing something out there. Hell, I'll take a hat trick from any of the Wings.

Time for Helm to switch his speed from Awesome to Win. GET'S SOME, HELM!!!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Guest Shoreline
I'm a Pens fan,

Honestly guys, some of are saying the series is over? FFS come on, the wings are still up 2-1 in the series and there is still a period left.

One thing you'll find about a team that wins a lot is when said team faces adversity lots of pansy bandwagoners jump off the bandwagon at the snap of a ******* finger.

That being said the Wings have one period to score at least two goals, which is certainly well within their means. It also means they need to get off their asses defensively and stop playing like s***.

Guest E_S_A_D
No offense to Abdelkater, but if we're pinning our playoff hopes on him we're f***ed

I disagree. Abdelkader and Helm have been our two best this series. Babcock pulls him in favor of washed up Draper? WTF?

Is tonight a result of the 2 consecutive games on short rest?

Yes exactly, its fatigue. Schedule favors the pens, thanks bettman, what a suprise. I think its obvious Det needs an influx of youth IMO. Homer and Maltby are done, drapes is near the end. Mistake sitting gator too. Hossa is doing jack. He needs to skate hard and use his speed to create openings and chances. hes trying to be the playmaker right now (wtf?). We need a heart wrenching talk between the 2nd and 3rd, the guys have got to gut it out....the pens just are out willing them.

Aren't you the guy who earlier was unwilling to admit that Hudler has sucked for the longest time now in the playoffs?

It's not about the score, its' about the way the team looks dead and the other team is just playing with more heart.

No....I'm the CHIC that doesn't blame everything on ONE player........I never said Hudler WASN'T playing bad...I've NEVER said anyone sucks......it is a team....the TEAM is not playing well.........I will NEVER say that one sucks more than the other....Pitt is playing better.....but I WILL NOT say the team that I love sucks.....that's bad karma......I love the Wings and I have positive thoughts for them........

The TEAM wins and the TEAM loses........that's all there is to it...........I WILL NOT put blame one person.......

Why is this a question that has anything to do with the post anyway????

(Hudler playoff stats 4G 6A 10P....just b/c he hasn't scored in FINAL three games ...ahem..among others.......and he's missed passes....ahem...everyone else.......) doesn't mean he has sucked the whole playoffs!.

.....so NO I will not admit that he sucks.......

I don't think anyone SUCKS.....I just don't think the Wings' players are playing WINGS Hockey...........that's my opinion and since I am not "dissing" anyone else, you sure the hell don't have the right to judge me b/c I SUPPORT my favorite player........

GO WINGS! YOUR FANS LOVE YOU!

It's not impossible to come from behind and have a miracle win........GO WINGS!

Honestly, I love this hockey, it's better to be beat with good play than to believe that we were robbed by the Ref's...! Hey, plain and simple, the Wings lost composure and let the Pens start their quick turn and burn Offense which turned into points. You cannot expect Ozzy to stop every freakin goal when the stars are there!

If you cannot get the facts correct, or accept them, put the computer down tonight and go to bed. There is a 3rd period. do we get better or worse. Unfortunately I have to believe the latter of the two. Hey, I'm a born and bred Michigander, but I love a good hockey game like this!! WOW!!!

Go getem boys!! The ******* Cup lies in the balance tonight!

GO Wings...GGGGOOOOOO!!!!!!

Absolutely. 2 goals in the 3rd is totally do-able. As long as our defense shows up with our offense.. >.>

That being said, I think we're going to play a better 3rd. If we come out without any steam, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

See, I think this is constructive. I'm sure you won't go search, but I have posts all over the place on this. Flip can make plays and has made Hossa a game 4 star plenty of times, but he can't do that if Hossa isn't willing to actually play with his line mates. As long as Hossa continues to be an ineffective puck hog, why waste Flip on him? Think what Flip could do with Hank or even Pav come Saturday. Thing is, will Babs shift things around? I think he is far too stubborn with line combos. When things are falling apart or stagnant, you simply have to shake things up. Not just random combos, but put the better performing players on higher lines and the lower performing players on lower lines. Homer for example, belongs on the 4th line. He is not helping the skills guys and is more a liability. We can barely keep the puck, so a net camping expedition really isn't needed right now. Hossa - he needs a talking to.

Exactly, well said. :thumbup:

Don't get me started on Holmstrom. I don't think you could ever question his effort but he's just giving us nothing offensively out there, not a thing. Hossa is trying (doesn't seem like the right word) to do it all by himself, doesn't bother passing, isn't going to the net. Everytime he's out there he has the puck and it's a 2-on-1, the end result is a turnover or an odd man rish the other way. He's not even looking for Flip, they'e getting in each others way, basically our 2nd line has become useless due to Hossa's inability to make anything happen and persistant to do it all himself.

I can't ever remember the wings looking this bad in a game with all of the turnovers. Can't blame the referees in this one guys. At first it looked bad with the refereeing but they gave us the upper hand and we didn't even get a shot on that last PP opportunity. I bet we'll probably get 1 chance in the 3rd, and we better bury it.

Man, we better win game 5 in Detroit if we don't win tonight.

No offense to Abdelkater, but if we're pinning our playoff hopes on him we're f***ed

Because he has been scoring. why pull a player that has been playing and scoring when we need goals.

Hey, I wonder if Hossa is going to spin around the net, back off to 25 feet, and fire a weak wrister soon.

all signs point to YES

we can still win. This has been our period ALL playoffs!

some stuff to consider, not only is penalty kill killing us, we have no power play anymore. Also, havef you noticed tha Kronwall hasn't 'Kronwalled' anyone since Havlat? Was he givin a warning from the league? IS he afraid to get a penalty? WTF?

If this Wings team shows up from now on, they don't deserve to win anything. Remain postive, 20 minutes to go, they scored 3 in 6 minutes and so can we!

Good god, you guys. Some of you need a little faith in your team.

Yes, the second period sucked horribly. But we're only down two goals and we still have twenty minutes left to play.

If you think this consitutes the Pens winning the Cup... I feel really bad for you.

We can pull this thing to victory yet.

Well, this is the series we all were REALLY expecting. We might not have verbalized it, especially after game 2, but deep, deep in the back of our consciousness we truly knew it was coming.

Three games from now, win or lose this series, it does NOT mean the Wings are a terrible team, organization and operation.

Three games from now, win or lose this series, we HAVE HAD our chances.

I will say this, I am VERY GLAD right now we won both hame games thus far.