• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

Is the game over? Im not watching it, but many people make it sound so

You aren't missing much unless you are a Pens fan.

Thus far.. Epic fail of the PP, PK, passing, shooting and defense. Hossa looks ok, but is taking it behind the net and then shooting into 5 bodies in the crease. So far, that strategy is not paying off in spades. Might I suggest another tact? Perhaps we should prevent them from scoring any more and pot three more for the guys in red and white?

My whininess has abated for now... my "hope" tank is around the same place as Z's energy tank, but we'll see how much worse (or better) this gets.

Like watching a trainwreck... here comes the third!

Wish I could be as optimistic as you guys, but I really felt coming into this game that the team that wins game 4 would win the Cup. Now Pittsburgh will be coming into Detroit with all the momentum in the world. Plus, I think the team that won game 4 won the cup for the last 4 or 5 years.

Hope I wrong though

Edited by ShanahanMan

We have one s***ty period and the place turns against the team. AWESOME. Until we lose at home, I ain't scared.

That was more than just a s***ty period.

That was a Greek tragedy.

If we lose this series, it'll be worse than the '42 Wings blowing that 3-0 lead.

I'm done, I'm going to start blaming people.

Babcock sucks and his ***** Brad McCrimmon too

Datsyuk sucks, he's taking the game off

Hossa sucks because he can't shoot

Osgood sucks because he doesn't stop every shot

Franzen sucks just because

Samuelsson sucks and smells like s***

I disagree. Abdelkader and Helm have been our two best this series. Babcock pulls him in favor of washed up Draper? WTF?

If the Wings have to rely so much on 4th line players, the Wings are f***ed. The end.

If this series is tied 2-2 going back to Detroit, then it is a do or die game for both teams. The fact is, even if we lose this game, we are playing a best of 3 series with two games in Detroit AND there is a good chance that we will have Dats back. Some of the people in here are really surprising me. I guess you were the same people that were proclaiming the Wings' season to be over when Anaheim took it to 7 games.

As far as this game goes, I call your attention to Game 2 of the 98 finals, where the Caps went in to the third period with a 4-2 lead and the Wings weren't playing that sharply. That game turned out just fine, so it's not like it doesn't happen. s***, didn't the Wings come back from 3 goals down in a game in the WCF? Quit whining about how the season is done just because the Wings are losing a game and not looking so hot. Didn't they drop a game in the 98 WCF 6-0 to the Avs? Have some freaking faith, or what's the point of being a fan of the team?

Guest Shoreline
Good god, you guys. Some of you need a little faith in your team.

Yes, the second period sucked horribly. But we're only down two goals and we still have twenty minutes left to play.

If you think this consitutes the Pens winning the Cup... I feel really bad for you.

We can pull this thing to victory yet.

You put it awful lightly. Anyone who is mailing it in for the Penguins while they're still down in the series is retarded.

LETS GO WINGS! Even if we don't win...let's go out and make sure the Pens know they aren't playing a team that will lay down under pressure. We need to show the Pens that we have fight left. We can do this....we can win this game, we can win this series, and we can win the Stanley cup for the 2nd year in a row.

LETS GO WINGS!

Lets face the facts folks, Penguins HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME and Detroit doesn't. Sad they mailed it in, but it's the way it goes.

Why doesn't Detroit have to win it? Last time I checked, you have to win in the Finals. They lose this, and their lead is erased.

You could just as easily say this is a must win for Detroit. Dropping a 2-0 lead is ridiculous in the FINALS of all places.

If you think this consitutes the Pens winning the Cup... I feel really bad for you.

But if the Wings come back and win the Cup think how excited they'll be.

It'd be like how whenever we lose in OT I always wait a second hoping the ref will decide to disallow the goal for some reason. Winning the Cup for the people thinking like you mentioned would be like winning a game after a disallowed OT goal for the opponent.

-----

I realize that post didn't make much sense. Sorry.

Frustrating to see so many opportunities pass by... i.e. Cleary's penalty in game 3 ties the game instead of going to the 2nd up 2-1.... The powerplay tonight instead of possibly up 3-1 it goes tied... etc....