• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

For me, the bottom line questions to answer:

After four games, are the Penguins making the Red Wings pay the price to win the Stanley Cup?

How about vice-versa?

Do you think the 4 games in 6 nights has the wings gassed? They sure look gassed. I can't explain it. INjuries possibly. Kronwall hasn't been the same. He's not hammering people like usual. Hudler is non-existent. Even Lidstrom looks slow.

healthy scratches saturday: Hudler, Holmstrom, Leino, Draper, Maltby, Kronwall...

Datsyuk, ice your ******* foot up and be a man! Put Abdelkader back in along with Meech up front and Chelios on D. f***, I know we can't sit all those people but s***! they may as well have been sitting!

We got outplayed and outworked, nothing to say about the reffing, the Pens were the better team tonight by far. I wish we brought our A-game but it was far from that. Best of 3 from here on and we still have home ice advantage (the positive). The Red Wings thrive on competition.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever we think about this game, I am certain we will see something new from the Wings Saturday. Who wouldn't like a cakewalk to the Cup, but this is going to be a nail biter. Question. Seriously, if we expect this to go 6 or 7 that means we lose 2 or 3. What did you expect those losses to look like? Perhaps you imagined the Wings were tied at 13 a piece only to have a blatantly bad call in quadruple OT? Losing is ugly and this was ugly. I can certainly remember a few ugly losses with the Ducks. The good thing about ugly losses is they are a wake up call to coaching and the entire team. After game 3 you could make some excuses, but all the signs were there. Now they are clear. We need some major adjustments. I think the Wings will not "embarrass" anyone again in this series.

Very well put.

Enjoy the plane ride home, Wings. :(

Hope they figure out where they left their game before Saturday, or they're going to be very embarrassed at home on Saturday.

Best two out of three. Hope everybody in red and white shows up next game.

There. Fixed it for ya....

healthy scratches saturday: Hudler, Holmstrom, Leino, Draper, Maltby, Kronwall...

Datsyuk, ice your ******* foot up and be a man! Put Abdelkader back in along with Meech up front and Chelios on D. f***, I know we can't sit all those people but s***! they may as well have been sitting!

you forgot Hossa

And Big E.

Just an opinion. Pens have all the momentum now. Wings need to score early and often next game to gain it back.

We had all the momentum after 2 games...I think we're in Fleury's head playing at our house. He looks like a totally different goalie there. I think it's a must win though for us in game 5. I don't think we're going to win with the momentum of a 3 game losing streak if we drop game 5.

Boy, the wings look completely gassed and/or injured. I can't really explain it.

Tough to answer. I just think it comes down to who wants it more. So far, the first two games the Wings wanted more. The last two games the Pens really wanted more. Game 5 is going to be epic. Either Epic Win or Epic fail.

I disagree. The first 3 games could have gone either way, but tonight, we got owned. Pittsburgh has definitely gotten stronger as the series has gone on, while Detroit has gotten weaker.

The only thing keeping me from bumming about this win right now is that I had a dream we won Game 7 against the Pens on a weak goal from Fleury.

Pavel needs to play in game 5 or just announce that he's not playing the rest of the series.

Didn't this guy learn anything from Yzerman when it comes to toughness and playing with injuries?

He's a distraction right now, until they announce that he'll play for sure or miss the rest of the playoffs. The distraction needs to end now.

Give Pittsburgh credit.

Pains me to say it but I agree... They played a great game.

That said like one of the talking heads on NBC said, you are not in trouble until you lose one at home... The Wings hold serve.

Hossa sucks against his old team. How many shots on net did he have? 1 or 2? Come on Hossa. Holmstrom is worthless, and so is Kronwall. Neither of these guys can make or take a pass. Does Filppula have a problem going to the front of the net? What the hell guys? We fought back got the lead, and then we give Stall a gift wrapped goal. Way blow it guys, and then give them ALL the momentum. Now ALL of their guys are scoring. Man, the way you guys have played the last 2 games is so disheartning. I bet Bettman paid off the Wings, so the Pens could finally win Crosby a cup.

Oh crap, isn't that the sky that's falling?

The most positive thing I can draw form this game is almost all that needs to be changed is on our own end, almost all in the passing department, Wings sharpen that up and the Pens score maybe one goal tonight. TOs single handedly destroyed the Red Wings tonight as we gave them odd man rushes in barrages during the second and their timing was obviously there, not too mention the puck look magnetized to their sticks tonight.

Guest Shoreline

Sucky ass game, not much more to emphasize than already did during the GDT.

Damn, they looked so tired out there..... Pitts really made them pay. It seems like they are good up until like half-way through the 2nd, then they are dead tired. Hopefully this isn't the case game 5, because Pitts is going to be looking for every weakness.

You know, I used to really like those "hold on to the puck as you skate around behind the net and set up a beautiful goal" plays when Zetterberg and Datsyuk would do it.

But right now, I think I'll puke if I see another WIngs player carry it behind their net and skate all the way out to the blue line again.

Don't know what else to say, the team looked tired. That fourth goal made that apparent.

Maybe the s*** show they put on today will provide some motivation, who knows, it sure better. It is now a best of 3 series, first to two wins. We will see Saturday how bad the Wings truly want it.

I don't really feel like wasting energy on this one, but we're obviously going to need to be better the rest of the way if we want to win this series. I was really hoping for a win tonight to give us a chance to win it at home on Saturday. Oh well. This certainly makes things more intriguing.

In short, we just need people to start showing up. Marian Hossa? I mean, come on. If you can't show what you're made of in a series like this, I have no use for you. And, seriously, what's holding up Pavel? I'm no doctor and I don't know the specifics of the situation, but it certainly seems like he should be able to take the pain and play.

Draper was useless. Put back in Abdelkader.

A pretty discouraging, frustrating game that gives Saturday an entirely new look. I was fully expecting the Wings to take at least one in Pittsburgh. All the pressure is on us now. Make it happen.

the announcers think that the short handed goal by the pens will be the series turn around. the wings are way too experienced to let something like that get to them, they know what they have to do, they just need to get out there and do it. i think they are gonna win game 5, and 6. Lets not get too frustrated people. wings in 6!!!