• Please log in to reply
1576 replies to this topic

#1061 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

Why the long passing?? Are we too slow to play a short passing game?? Even for a little bit.. These long passes get picked off like a Lions QB. Why does it seem we can't see what is in front of us when a pass is attempted?? We just seem FLAT. Very frustrating game.

I feel like I'm watching a Lions game...it appears like they are playing with 6 and we are playing with 4...they are everywhere, puck is in open ice and a Pen is the 1st to touch it...no anticipation on our end. If we can't step it up then this game is over and a game 7 is a strong possibility.

Still cheering here and trying to keep hope alive for this game...not yet worried about the series but that could end soon..

C

#1062 RedWings91

RedWings91

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Somebody needs to step up. I think the knock on hossa is unwarranted. I dont' see a forward generating more chances and looking more dangerous than hossa.

#1063 zata20

zata20

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

All the odd man rushes were a direct result from the D-men pinching or taking a stupid shot when a pen was right on em.

#1064 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

I think babcock should just say "f*** it, go play and have fun. Stop playing not to lose; play to have fun."

“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin

#1065 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,930 posts

Just win at home.

That's all I ask.

Rumor alert: the next 3 games will be played Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#1066 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ June 4, 2009 - 09:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get Hossa off Flip's line. At least Filppula is TRYING. I honestly couldn't say the same for Hossa. What a worthless...

See, I think this is constructive. I'm sure you won't go search, but I have posts all over the place on this. Flip can make plays and has made Hossa a game 4 star plenty of times, but he can't do that if Hossa isn't willing to actually play with his line mates. As long as Hossa continues to be an ineffective puck hog, why waste Flip on him? Think what Flip could do with Hank or even Pav come Saturday. Thing is, will Babs shift things around? I think he is far too stubborn with line combos. When things are falling apart or stagnant, you simply have to shake things up. Not just random combos, but put the better performing players on higher lines and the lower performing players on lower lines. Homer for example, belongs on the 4th line. He is not helping the skills guys and is more a liability. We can barely keep the puck, so a net camping expedition really isn't needed right now. Hossa - he needs a talking to.

#1067 littleram

littleram

Prospect

• 49 posts

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ June 4, 2009 - 09:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL Without Hossa last year you wouldn't have made it to the finals.

one player does not make a team..we were already playoff bound before he arrived anyway.
but I am glad to see he's working out well for you guys though.

good night..good luck guys.

Edited by littleram, 04 June 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#1068 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (GetYourRedOn! @ June 4, 2009 - 09:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do something Hossa!! You're going to look like a moron if we don't win the Cup.

If/when the Wings win, it will be DESPITE Hossa, not because of him.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#1069 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Bettman is a Penguin and has a tail. You heard it here first.

Edited by Zetterling, 04 June 2009 - 09:01 PM.

#1070 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,358 posts

They are playing like complete and utter s***. Horrible effort by the guys. Turnovers galore. It needs to stop NOW. They have to play their best period in the 3rd coming up.

With all that being said, wouldn't be surprised if the Wings scored two early in the third and got back in it. Hopefully a fire has been lit under them.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#1071 BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool

Lets get Schlitz faced!

• PipPip
  • 419 posts

We came back from 3 - 0 against the Hawks pretty quick. Lets do this boys, lets do this!
LETS GO RED WINGS!

#1072 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

QUOTE (FunkedUp @ June 4, 2009 - 08:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God I wish we had someone blocking shots. It seems like the Pens are able to do it. Our PP is beyond pathetic this series.

I wouldn't mind seeing Osgood blocking some shots either.

Seems like he plays better when everyone criticizes him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1073 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ June 4, 2009 - 09:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'd be nice to have a player like 08 Marian Hossa. 09 Marian Hossa sucks ass.

It's the same Hossa. Hangs on to the puck too long around the perimeter while everyone else stands and watches. It's just that he can get away with it in the regular season because the intensity isn't as high.

#1074 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

I know teams can petition to get names on the Cup; if the Wings win, can they petition for Hossa and Rafalski to be left off?

#1075 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

What a time to play the worse game in the playoffs,series ties 2-2,and now Saturday is do or die for us,we go back to pitts down 3-2 its all but over. And HOMER sucks,time to make a new sig damn it.

Edited by cupcrazy, 04 June 2009 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

#1076 AD2044

AD2044

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Our guys are dead physically and mentally. 4 games in 6 nights is a fact and it is showing its ugly head tonight. Our guys have played hard and deserve a tonne of credit for playing this well considering the circumstances.

#1077 E_S_A_D

E_S_A_D

“Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocritie

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

QUOTE (Matt @ June 4, 2009 - 09:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's been a ghost. Every time he's touched the puck lately it's been turned over or absolutely nothing happens. He's been only slightly less of a non-factor than Hudler.

... Has Hudler even played in this series? Get him OFF Zetterberg's wing and get Cleary back up there.

Cleary and Helm are the only players interested in actually conducting a forecheck and finishing their checks.... If I see another Wings' forward curl off from an easy check to finish on a dump-in I'm going to go mental.

I know. I agree, Hossa and Hudler are looking foolish. Hossa also isn't completing his checks, almost like he wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of old teammates. He will look like quite the goofball if he loses the cup to the team he left.
I like a man who grins when he fights. ---Sir Winston Churchill

#1078 RedWingNut78

RedWingNut78

Made in Hockeytown

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

QUOTE (SliderJeff @ June 4, 2009 - 09:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He said it was because Ab's wasn't very good on the Wing, much better at Center, and Leino brought more to the table as a Winger. At least I'm pretty sure what he said this morning/afternoon.

Well then he's getting outcoached, cause Leino hasn't been bringing s*** to the table
"Every day is a great day for hockey." - Mario Lemieux

#1079 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

QUOTE (psmitty @ June 4, 2009 - 09:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a Pens fan,

Honestly guys, some of are saying the series is over? FFS come on, the wings are still up 2-1 in the series and there is still a period left.

Exactly, going back 2-2 isn't no big deal, just win our game in Detroit and steal one in Pittsburgh. Wings in 6
“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin

#1080 wingsfanforlife

wingsfanforlife

Prospect

• 41 posts

QUOTE (psmitty @ June 4, 2009 - 10:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a Pens fan,

Honestly guys, some of are saying the series is over? FFS come on, the wings are still up 2-1 in the series and there is still a period left.

dude shut up you are just happy u guys are getting the cup