• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

If the Wings lose game 5 like they lost game 4, I don't give a flying f*** if I'm called a bandwaggoner or not, it'll be over and done with right there.

Spoken like a true bandwagon fan. Go away troll.

If I'm Babcock, I keep the team as far away from the rink as possible tommorow, need to rest up for game 5, they lacked jump and looked tired in the third. get Datsyuk and Abby in the lineup for game 5 sit Homer and Maltby whop have nothing in this series.

What I would like to know is where is the great defense of last year. We started this year with the same players but the defense has been awful. Did someone put something in their water because I cannot understand how it can just fall apart the way it did.

The Wings need to get the drive and desire back to win the Cup. They need to do whatever it takes to win. Lidstrom needs to have a players only meeting and the team needs to decide if they really want the Cup or not and if they decide they do want it, then the Wings needs to play like a team on a mission and take it to the Pens.

Even if Pavel is not 100% , he needs to play in game five, because he certainly could not play any worse then some of his teammates.

Can I please have the Hossa of last years playoffs back. I really want him to win the Cup, and I cannot stand the thought of the Pens winning it, since they are my second least favorite team.

Was anyone watching the hockey night in canada feed for tonight's? With about five minutes left in the second period and after pitts 4th goal, they show a slo-mo replay of Kennedy celebrating and jumping on the boards. I do a double-take and see a guy in an official referee uniform - with the orange armband - standing up pounding his hands on the glass and in the air and rejoicing in the goal. The guy was right next to the penalty box area. I just thought it was ironic since there's been a lot of talk about the refs wanting to extend the series. Odds are the guy is just a fan, but its weird that he'd have the official uniform on and not a white shirt like the rest of the fans.

If anyone wants to see it, PM me and I can send you my SN and password for the site I use to watch the games. The replay occurs during a whistle with 5:09 remaining in the second period.

Getting screwed out of Game 3 by the refs hurts much more after this debacle.

If this goes to Game 7 I expect the refs to skate out at the beginning of the game and hand the Cup to Crysby.

Hopefully better effort from the Wings for game 5 and 6.

Ridiculous, Pittsburgh-style crybaby talk.

the refs did not screw us

enough silliness about the stripes

Was anyone watching the hockey night in canada feed for tonight's? With about five minutes left in the second period and after pitts 4th goal, they show a slo-mo replay of Kennedy celebrating and jumping on the boards. I do a double-take and see a guy in an official referee uniform - with the orange armband - standing up pounding his hands on the glass and in the air and rejoicing in the goal. The guy was right next to the penalty box area. I just thought it was ironic since there's been a lot of talk about the refs wanting to extend the series. Odds are the guy is just a fan, but its weird that he'd have the official uniform on and not a white shirt like the rest of the fans.

If anyone wants to see it, PM me and I can send you my SN and password for the site I use to watch the games. The replay occurs during a whistle with 5:09 remaining in the second period.

There are 3 or 4 Columbus fans who always wear a ref uniform at the end of their ice, they are there every game. Just fans

This wouldn't surprise me. When Stuart joined the Wings, all we kept on hearing about was how Kronwall and Stuart had become good friends off the ice. What have we heard about Hossa? Is he close with anyone on the team besides Kopecky?

I wouldn't be surprised if there are too many egos up front; too many cooks in the kitchen.

This is the same squad that probably started that rumor about Ozzie assaulting some random bystander. WHen have we ever heard of the Wings chewing each other out in public? I know they do it behind the scenes, but no doubt the Pens are just trying to play mind games. Hopefully the Wings realize that and don't start turning on each other. It's a blatant mind game.

And yes, I've heard of Hossa hanging out with others, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there have been several articles about Hudler, Flip and Hoss hanging out together in public.

If I'm Babcock, I keep the team as far away from the rink as possible tommorow, need to rest up for game 5, they lacked jump and looked tired in the third. get Datsyuk and Abby in the lineup for game 5 sit Homer and Maltby whop have nothing in this series.

Interesting - would you come clean about Pavel?

I'd put "Z" back on Crosby regardless of how tired he is (it worked in games 1 and 2) and keep Helm as close to Malkin as possible all night long. Dats sits for the series (I think there's no way he plays, or if he does he won't be effective, a broken/fractured foot is nothing to sneeze at).

Hossa is good friends with Flip, Huds, Kopay and a few others.

Who says Hossa is even the target here? If this is even true which it more then likely is just a bunch of BS. Who's press conference was this and when was it said?

Who says Hossa is even the target here? If this is even true which it more then likely is just a bunch of BS. Who's press conference was this and when was it said?

it was babs

the person brought it up that several pens (players or people) heard yelling and arguing between players.... babs did not deny it... only said YES we lost our composure in the lockerroom

Channel 4 was also talking about it after the game.

Edited by OsGOD

It was tonight, a reporter asked Babcock if he could confirm if it was true or not. He pretty much said he is unaware of any of the players "chirping" at each other

You're wearing rose colored glasses if you honestly think that the Wings can lose Game 5, at home, against a Team who just took them to SCHOOL, while giving the same "Yeah...sure....you can put it in there. Nah....don't bother with the lubricant....." effort, and come even close to SNIFFING a chance to get it back HOME for a Game 7, let alone WIN it.

THEY

WERE

AWFUL

They were TERRIBLE in Game 3.

They were BAD in Games 1 and 2.

Noticing a pattern?

Yeah. The main pattern I'm noticing right now is that you don't change. Any time things go badly at all for the Wings, you're right there dumping salt on whatever wounds they have. I've gotta say you're really consistent there...

Poor effort for such a pivotal game. Wings need to refill the tank because it is looking EMPTY. :(

Hossa is an easy target because essentially he is a one year rental to win the Cup. But really this guy needs to step up big time - fancy work around the goal means nothing in the SCF if you net none of them. Who cares about who he dines with off the ice - just score some goals brother.

Our home PO record favors the Wings, plus I don't see them losing 3 in a row... Go Wings Game 5 - stick it to the Pens!!

I knew that when the Wings played my least favorite team the Ducks that it would not bode well for the team. I knew that the Wings would come out of the series beat up and drained of energy after having to play those goons. Then they had to play a good fast Hawks team and with all their injuries the Wings had to use up more precious energy so now they have almost nothing left.

I blame the Sharks for choking and not taking out the Ducks like they were supposed to. The Pens are lucky to play in the East and have a much easier road to the finals.

I fear that the team is down to playing on adrenaline and that they are tired and weary.

The whole issue of Pavel saying that he wants to play, hopes to play, got everyones hopes up that he would be able to go in game four and when he couldn't it was a big let down for the team and the fans.

The Wings need to dig down deep and remember that they are the reigning Stanley Cup Champions and start playing like they are.

The SCF finals are about will more than anything else. I hate to say it but I think the tide has turned and the pens just want it more. The wings seem tired and lack the hunger of the pens. Opening the door these last 2 games - epecially this game which was a beating as far as I am concerned - is the turning point. Obviously game 5 is the series.