• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

The SCF finals are about will more than anything else. I hate to say it but I think the tide has turned and the pens just want it more. The wings seem tired and lack the hunger of the pens. Opening the door these last 2 games - epecially this game which was a beating as far as I am concerned - is the turning point. Obviously game 5 is the series.

If game 5 is the series, then I like our chances. Home ice + a team that was just embarrassed. Me thinks they come out of the gates with a chip on their shoulder.

As an FYI, the Wings have been in this position before.

Check 2008 Nashville Predators as an example. Taken to school in game four, then won a pivotal game 5 in overtime.

It isn't over, and the Wings have two days to get their s*** straightened out before the next game. Tonight was ugly though.

Hossa is good friends with Flip, Huds, Kopay and a few others.

Who says Hossa is even the target here? If this is even true which it more then likely is just a bunch of BS. Who's press conference was this and when was it said?

I think it's more about on ice chemistry than off ice. How is it that many fit so well on Pav and Z's wing but not Hossa?

As an FYI, the Wings have been in this position before.

Check 2008 Nashville Predators as an example. Taken to school in game four, then won a pivotal game 5 in overtime.

It isn't over, and the Wings have two days to get their s*** straightened out before the next game. Tonight was ugly though.

Hmm. So theoretically Datsyuk is this year's Osgood... Who's Hasek?

A SHAME!!!

our Power Play is a s*** (no chances...pardon a lot of chances for the Pens in breakaways)

No balls,no intelligence,no chemistry,no physic..

I'm so sad but i'm sure that Pittsburgh win in 6...

Hossa,Holmstrom,Kronwall (oh my god) ??

Lidstrom & Rafalski ?

Babcock ? C'mon man,balls please!!!

I think Yzerman needs to have a little chat with #13 about playing through physical adversity when the Cup is on the line. An hour and a half morning skate, all the players expecting him to show up, and then don't do it? Disheartening? Perhaps. 50% of Datsyuk is better than pretty much anything the Pens have to offer.

If they don't find where they left their game on Saturday, those two little chiclets at the top of this page should haunt their dreams. I know they will mine.

it was babs

the person brought it up that several pens (players or people) heard yelling and arguing between players.... babs did not deny it... only said YES we lost our composure in the lockerroom

Channel 4 was also talking about it after the game.

At least they're pissed. Better than being content.

Oh my, things going bad for Wings. Players getting pissed at each other, this series could be over.

That is bad news...I wonder who turned on who, and how bad it'll mess with morale?

I know Ozzie wasn't too happy. On a couple of those goals he looked furious, but for some reason it didn't look like he was mad at himself.

EDIT: However, as long as no one resorted to personal attacks, the fighting could help. We know they're all friends on that team, and I don't think some "lack of composure" will hurt them unless someone let loose with some really cheap shots.

So long as it was stuff like "Well, maybe next time you should actually play defense!" we'll be fine. Maybe even energized because players will want to redeem themselves.

Edited by VM1138

At least they're pissed. Better than being content.

Agreed. And the thing here is, if we feel bad/pissed, how must they have felt after last night's game? Obviously not real good.

That also speaks to some fans' reactions here. The Wings are not us. And these games and their play, good or bad, is not about us. They're about the team we root for and support. Sure we get pissed, but some of the put-downs and insults to the Wings after last night's game are so rabid, so personal and egocentric, you'd think the Wings single-handedly went out of their way to offend said poster. That's sheer idiocy, folks and has only to do with Me-ism.

I still feel damn lucky I fell into rooting for this team about 14 years ago. They're a damn good team. I think the best team in the league. They had a bad game. I hope they play a whole lot better tomorrow night. As a fan, that's all I have a right to ask for.

That is bad news...I wonder who turned on who, and how bad it'll mess with morale?

I know Ozzie wasn't too happy. On a couple of those goals he looked furious, but for some reason it didn't look like he was mad at himself.

EDIT: However, as long as no one resorted to personal attacks, the fighting could help. We know they're all friends on that team, and I don't think some "lack of composure" will hurt them unless someone let loose with some really cheap shots.

So long as it was stuff like "Well, maybe next time you should actually play defense!" we'll be fine. Maybe even energized because players will want to redeem themselves.

Exactly. Although I don't know if Babcock was involved in the arguing but hearing this reminded me right away of the part in Miracle where Herb starts yelling at everyone and the entire locker room gets fired up in the Olympics.

lol you mean him throwing his stick on top of the net in surrendor to superior play of the 5 men in front of him... noooo he wasn't pissed at all :lol:

i doubt it was ozzie though

I know LGW posters cant stand negative threads and often verbally bash posters who create them, but lets be honest, Rafalski was (insert expletive here) AWFUL last night. So honestly if you guys couldnt see how bad he was, i dont care if i get bashed for this.

So things worse than Brian Rafalski...

1. Paris Hilton's my new BFF

2. Sidney Crosby's playoff beard

3. Gary Bettman

etc

Guest mindfly

Rafalski obviously has a injury, he skipped the skate and/or practice the day before... I wonder if Datsyuk would be as bad as Rafalski if he played with his injury now? Although them painkillers and injections totally remove the uncomfortable feeling and pain.. why not go for it? at most its 3games remaining of the season the months to recover&heal after that... what are they waiting for?

Just saw the game. Well, I watched until it was 4-2 and then skipped to the end because I couldn't stand it.

It's not easy to win against the Pens if you let them score on all their PP's, but it's impossible to win when you let them score on the PK as well.

The schedule and injuries are really, really starting to hurt us. I think Datsyuk deciding not to play right before the game could have had a negative effect on the team's energy and spirits. I bet they were all psyched that they were getting him back and BAM, sorry you have to play without him again.

Did Draper seem kinda useless to anyone else? Bring back Abdelkader next game. Maltby or Leino should be sitting, not Abby.

Sigh. Pavel better play Game 5. And the Wings better get their s*** in gear. If only there was a 2-day break at some ******* point.

Did Draper seem kinda useless to anyone else? Bring back Abdelkader next game. Maltby or Leino should be sitting, not Abby.

it was drapers first game back in a long time... i expect the same effect for Pavel in game5 "if" he comes back.