#1561 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ June 5, 2009 - 12:07AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was babs

the person brought it up that several pens (players or people) heard yelling and arguing between players.... babs did not deny it... only said YES we lost our composure in the lockerroom

Channel 4 was also talking about it after the game.

At least they're pissed. Better than being content.

#1562 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

I wonder what those arguments sounded like. Were they in English or Swedish or Swenglish? Oh man... If only Pav were in that Real World Red Wings episode.

#1563 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Lovin Jiri Fischer @ June 5, 2009 - 08:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remain pissed, my friends. ph34r.gif

And show up and find another gear on Saturday, or else.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#1564 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

Oh my, things going bad for Wings. Players getting pissed at each other, this series could be over.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1565 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (HadThomasVokounOnFortSt @ June 5, 2009 - 10:20AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my, things going bad for Wings. Players getting pissed at each other, this series could be over.

That is bad news...I wonder who turned on who, and how bad it'll mess with morale?

I know Ozzie wasn't too happy. On a couple of those goals he looked furious, but for some reason it didn't look like he was mad at himself.

EDIT: However, as long as no one resorted to personal attacks, the fighting could help. We know they're all friends on that team, and I don't think some "lack of composure" will hurt them unless someone let loose with some really cheap shots.

So long as it was stuff like "Well, maybe next time you should actually play defense!" we'll be fine. Maybe even energized because players will want to redeem themselves.

Edited by VM1138, 05 June 2009 - 09:47 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1566 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Lovin Jiri Fischer @ June 5, 2009 - 08:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. And the thing here is, if we feel bad/pissed, how must they have felt after last night's game? Obviously not real good.

That also speaks to some fans' reactions here. The Wings are not us. And these games and their play, good or bad, is not about us. They're about the team we root for and support. Sure we get pissed, but some of the put-downs and insults to the Wings after last night's game are so rabid, so personal and egocentric, you'd think the Wings single-handedly went out of their way to offend said poster. That's sheer idiocy, folks and has only to do with Me-ism.

I still feel damn lucky I fell into rooting for this team about 14 years ago. They're a damn good team. I think the best team in the league. They had a bad game. I hope they play a whole lot better tomorrow night. As a fan, that's all I have a right to ask for.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1567 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ June 5, 2009 - 10:46AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is bad news...I wonder who turned on who, and how bad it'll mess with morale?

I know Ozzie wasn't too happy. On a couple of those goals he looked furious, but for some reason it didn't look like he was mad at himself.

EDIT: However, as long as no one resorted to personal attacks, the fighting could help. We know they're all friends on that team, and I don't think some "lack of composure" will hurt them unless someone let loose with some really cheap shots.

So long as it was stuff like "Well, maybe next time you should actually play defense!" we'll be fine. Maybe even energized because players will want to redeem themselves.

Exactly. Although I don't know if Babcock was involved in the arguing but hearing this reminded me right away of the part in Miracle where Herb starts yelling at everyone and the entire locker room gets fired up in the Olympics.

#1568 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ June 5, 2009 - 10:46AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol you mean him throwing his stick on top of the net in surrendor to superior play of the 5 men in front of him... noooo he wasn't pissed at all laugh.gif

i doubt it was ozzie though

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#1569 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:56 AM

I know LGW posters cant stand negative threads and often verbally bash posters who create them, but lets be honest, Rafalski was (insert expletive here) AWFUL last night. So honestly if you guys couldnt see how bad he was, i dont care if i get bashed for this.

So things worse than Brian Rafalski...

1. Paris Hilton's my new BFF

2. Sidney Crosby's playoff beard

3. Gary Bettman

etc

#1570 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

Rafalski obviously has a injury, he skipped the skate and/or practice the day before... I wonder if Datsyuk would be as bad as Rafalski if he played with his injury now? Although them painkillers and injections totally remove the uncomfortable feeling and pain.. why not go for it? at most its 3games remaining of the season the months to recover&heal after that... what are they waiting for?

#1571 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

Just saw the game. Well, I watched until it was 4-2 and then skipped to the end because I couldn't stand it.

It's not easy to win against the Pens if you let them score on all their PP's, but it's impossible to win when you let them score on the PK as well.

The schedule and injuries are really, really starting to hurt us. I think Datsyuk deciding not to play right before the game could have had a negative effect on the team's energy and spirits. I bet they were all psyched that they were getting him back and BAM, sorry you have to play without him again.

Did Draper seem kinda useless to anyone else? Bring back Abdelkader next game. Maltby or Leino should be sitting, not Abby.

Sigh. Pavel better play Game 5. And the Wings better get their s*** in gear. If only there was a 2-day break at somef****** point.

#1572 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

I think as a team they all looked tired.. But I will say it now, look for the Wings to be fresh Sat and come on hard... And I'd love to see Helm stick on Crosby, and Z stay on Malkin.. GO WINGS
IPB Image

#1573 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (dat's sick @ June 5, 2009 - 01:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Draper seem kinda useless to anyone else? Bring back Abdelkader next game. Maltby or Leino should be sitting, not Abby.

it was drapers first game back in a long time... i expect the same effect for Pavel in game5 "if" he comes back.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#1574 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Another point I forgot to add, it would be nice for our stars to show up for game 5 thumbup.gif
IPB Image

#1575 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (10 Minute Misconduct @ June 4, 2009 - 11:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hes right. if we lose game 5, were done.

not being a troll. just being real!

For f***s sake. The only thing I hate more than the Wings losing is all this negativity.

They lost. Get over it. The series is tied and they have home ice.

Do or do not. There is no try

#1576 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Back from up norf, very belated rage incoming:f****** Rafalski. His non-play on the Staal shorty cost the Wings the game. What on Earth was he thinking?!
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#1577 Ladsud2002

Ladsud2002

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

I blame the name of this thread on our loss. WCF, come on?