• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MississippiWing

Is it too crazy to think

Rate this topic

Okay guys here is the question. For those that have NHL Home Ice on XM or Sirus let me ask you this. I forget the guys name in the morning, but he is a hardcore Bettman fan. Thinks he's great. Basically this morning said something (and I've heard the clip replayed for advertising over and over again) to the extent of you would have to be an idiot to think there is some kind of conspiracy with the league or officials favoring a certain team. My question is with the NBA ref recently being the target of a FBI probe into fixing games is it still ridiculous to think a referee or league officials may act with questionable ethics. I mean I know both us and some Pens fans feel that the officials have favored the other side, but why are there so many people with officials having been caught cheating in other sports, that think to suggest an official or the league is siding with one team or another a ridiculous idea

I used to think the NBA was laughable for its referees, now after watching these playoffs (not only the Wings games), I'm beginning to think the NHL takes the cake when it comes to inconsistent and biased refereeing. What is a penalty in the first period, for some reason is not called in the third, depending on the score. I'm sick of it and it's ruining this great game. However, I honestly don't think that there are referees fixing games for personal gain. Can you imagine the fallout if someone has evidence of league officials tampering with the referees to extend or influence a series ???

Edited by RedWingNut78

I don't think it is happening either. I also don't think based on what has happened in other leagues it's completely ridiculous for some to believe it has happened either. After getting a friend to watch the games with me, I've realized our inconsistant rules are part of what makes it hard to attract fans. When Malkin attacked Zetterberg I said man that's gonna be a one game suspension (stupid me). The next game my friend goes man that guy is eating ya'll up I thought he was suspended. That's complete crap. Sadly I had to shake my head and agree with him.

No, it's not crazy to think that the refs call games a certain way because that's what the league president wants them to do. That's just being logical. However, it is crazy to think that the Red Wings can't overcome bad officiating and win anyways. In my opinion, the officiating has been AWESOME this finals and is NIGHT & DAY compared to last year. Last year, the refs completely fked the Red Wings (5 on 3s, no calls, phantom calls, etc.). This year, they've let some of the chincey stuff go and called them pretty straight up with only a few power plays for each team each game. I have no knock on the officiating as of right now. I expect them to tilt it in Pittsburgh's favor 60/40, and I really don't mind. So long as they are CONSISTENT. That way, the Red Wings can adjust.