• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFanInDC

RED WINGS FANS IN MD/DC - WHERE ARE YOU ALL?

Rate this topic

Men I would love to but first of all I don't know any good sport bars in our area and plus all of them have a no smoking policy, I love to enjoy the game with some JW Gold Label and a sigar. If you khnow any place where we can do all of the above I'm in. Go Wings

I'll include VA. I dont mind heading to VA to watch the games too.

How does Hooters in Fairfax sound? I'm not too worried about the smoking, but for me, a ritual I have is to eat hooter wings during the game. :) I didnt eat 'em on tues, so that's probably why they lost. lol!

Let's get at least 6 people and make it official!

Deadline: 6pm tonight.

This should cover those in DC and those in the NoVa area.

I'll keep an eye on this posting.

GO WINGS! F the Refs! ;)

c'mon folks! show yourselves! dont' make me sit at home and watching the game alone. :D

Hey dude, I got a call from a friend he said that a lot of Wings fans are watching the game at a place in DC called "Russia House" bar/ restaurant, its right at the intersection Florida and Connecticut Avenue. I will try to make it, I need to go home first then come back..

http://www.russiahouselounge.com/

Found it, doesnt look like much of a sports bar though - located in Dupont Circle, oh and caviar is on the menu for just 285 bucks. *GASP* :)

This is the favorite place where Ovechkin, Seomin, Kozlov and Feds are having fun drinks and nice food.

The owner of the place used to play junior hockey with Zubrus so he knows a little bit about hockey and plus he hates s***sburg and the bird.

I don't live in Baltimore but I'll be there next week. If the series goes more than 5 games I'll either watch from my hotel or find a place to watch it. I will be wearing my Wings jersey with pride around Baltimore. :thumbup:

lived in Alexandria VA for a few years, moved back to Toronto last summer. Anyways, there is a Sports bar in Old Town Alexandria called Bugsy's Pizza, down by the water on the main stretch. I went there a few times in the playoffs last year, had a ton of Wings fans there. Even during the regular season there were quite a few but more in the playoffs. Throwing high fives with strangers, just like at games. I'm sure there will be a good amount of Pens fans there too to make things interesting. Plus they have amazing deep dish pizza. They also have hockey night in Canada stuff posted all over the walls along with assorted pictures and jersey's. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for there.

Tried to find a website but couldn't find one.

Odenton, MD here...across from Ft. Meade...I'll be in my man cave watching, full 1/4 keg of Ying in the keggerator..

I'd be in for a game 5 get together on Sat...if it's not too far..

C

OK, Saturday's game is on. Something came up at the last min for me and I wasnt able to make it to the Russia House last night. So, ALL of you who live in the area, we MUST agree on a place to watch the game. Time to venture out from your man-caves and showy our support. I'm definetly up for a good pizza place or wings place. Not sure if Silver Spring / Wheaton is too far for any of you, but there's an awesome pizza place there called "The Stained Glass Pub" - similar to Ledo's but less greasy.

Another option is BW3 at College Park. I'm not too crazy about their food but it's an option in the middle for those who live in baltimore and those who live in Northern Virgina. (This is my lowest preference)

A third option - Glory Days grille. Pretty good food, LOTS of TV's, and depending on which location, there's plenty of bar seats.

Other options/suggestions from others, post away!

Brian

I'm here. But I'll be watching the game at home in High-Def on a 61" screen and drinking free beer. Sorry to be a party-pooper. <_<

Hey I live in Westminster, was raised in Bmore tho. Anyways I don't go out to watch games to often but I know a place in Baltimore called Fletchers which has the games and awesome food and drink specials nightly!

But yeah I have a bar in my basement with free drinks and HDTV so I kinda go with that even tho I would like to watch and drink and curse the refs with other Wings fans.

Oh well, Go Wings!!!

Greetings Guys -

I moved to Washington DC from Michigan over a year ago and there are some excellent bars in Washington DC to watch the game at - although I would suggest NOT drinking and watching the game at the Russia House. The Russia House is a fine bar to go to every now and again, but it is a rather dark (heavy velvet drapery, dark colored walls, etc.) but it is not a sports bar - it is a displaced Euro club. They serve no domestic beers and primarily only serve Russia beer and vodkas, and the crowd is almost entirely Russian - tight designer button downs and dress pants, heavy accents, and Fedorov and Ovechkin can often been seen here drinking in the private rooms on the top floors.

If you are serious about a good bar to drink at you might consider one of the following -

1) Buffalo Billiards, Dupont Circle - This is a large bar with well over 30 TV's and is filled with billiards, darts, and shuffle puck tables. Plenty of seating cheap beer and average bar food. The real selling point for this bar - is that it is known as a "Michigan" bar - primarily with UofM grads - but because of this, there are plenty of Wings fans there as well. I was there for game 2 and there were well over 40 Wings jerseys there.

2) Scores, Georgetown - Scores is a newer bar and I've actually never seen it crowded. It is a sports bar that has the standard food and drinks as well as jerseys and memoriabelia on the walls. The TV's are alright - with two large projections and a handful of smaller flat screens. The selling point for this place is that it is staffed by the strippers of Camelot on their off hours. They were very tight uniforms but I must warn you. Camelot is not known for the most attractive girls - and Scores is no different. Also, this place is almost never crowded.

3) Marshalls, West End - Marshalls has probably the best wings and food out of any "bar" but is relatively small and there are only 6 or so TV's so if you're going to go - go early. It is primarily yuppies who attend this place, and they aren't there for the sports but rather to talk political shop and such. If you are looking for food - this is the place, but if you're going for the game - probably not your best option.

4) Bailey's, Arlington VA - this is a chain restaurant and is a fine place to watch a game - large, raucous and have decent foods and specials. 20+ televisions and is built much like a Buffalo Billiards - for huge sports audiences, much like Buffalo, because there are so many TV's - you could end up with a cluster of various fans from all over.

Other places to consider - 51st State, Lucky's Bar, Green Turtle, Carpool, Hard Times Cafe, Dave and Buster's

I hope this helps guys

Lets Go Wings!

Great post!

I think i've been to scores - unless i'm thinking of a place called Champs - Big Redskins bar, sort of looked like a former night club with posh seating.

I Forgot one place... Crystal City Sports Pub. Top floor area.

Buffalo Billards sounds like an ideal place, I've been there quite a few times and it's definitely worth checking out.

Let's see what other options comes up, then we can do a vote tomorrow say around 2pm? OR you can cast your vote now. Please folks, don't let the distance throw you off. 2, possibly 3 games left this season, let's make the best of it and root for the red wings.

Vote away!!!

B

Greetings Guys -

I moved to Washington DC from Michigan over a year ago and there are some excellent bars in Washington DC to watch the game at - although I would suggest NOT drinking and watching the game at the Russia House. The Russia House is a fine bar to go to every now and again, but it is a rather dark (heavy velvet drapery, dark colored walls, etc.) but it is not a sports bar - it is a displaced Euro club. They serve no domestic beers and primarily only serve Russia beer and vodkas, and the crowd is almost entirely Russian - tight designer button downs and dress pants, heavy accents, and Fedorov and Ovechkin can often been seen here drinking in the private rooms on the top floors.

If you are serious about a good bar to drink at you might consider one of the following -

1) Buffalo Billiards, Dupont Circle - This is a large bar with well over 30 TV's and is filled with billiards, darts, and shuffle puck tables. Plenty of seating cheap beer and average bar food. The real selling point for this bar - is that it is known as a "Michigan" bar - primarily with UofM grads - but because of this, there are plenty of Wings fans there as well. I was there for game 2 and there were well over 40 Wings jerseys there.

2) Scores, Georgetown - Scores is a newer bar and I've actually never seen it crowded. It is a sports bar that has the standard food and drinks as well as jerseys and memoriabelia on the walls. The TV's are alright - with two large projections and a handful of smaller flat screens. The selling point for this place is that it is staffed by the strippers of Camelot on their off hours. They were very tight uniforms but I must warn you. Camelot is not known for the most attractive girls - and Scores is no different. Also, this place is almost never crowded.

3) Marshalls, West End - Marshalls has probably the best wings and food out of any "bar" but is relatively small and there are only 6 or so TV's so if you're going to go - go early. It is primarily yuppies who attend this place, and they aren't there for the sports but rather to talk political shop and such. If you are looking for food - this is the place, but if you're going for the game - probably not your best option.

4) Bailey's, Arlington VA - this is a chain restaurant and is a fine place to watch a game - large, raucous and have decent foods and specials. 20+ televisions and is built much like a Buffalo Billiards - for huge sports audiences, much like Buffalo, because there are so many TV's - you could end up with a cluster of various fans from all over.

Other places to consider - 51st State, Lucky's Bar, Green Turtle, Carpool, Hard Times Cafe, Dave and Buster's

I hope this helps guys

Lets Go Wings!

Yo Folks!

GAME 7 for you local people in the MD/VA/DC area. Hooters in Rockville, MD.

Last game of the season, and there ARE going to be some Pens fans there.

Hooters of Rockville

1584 Rockville Pike

Rockville, MD 20852

Map info/directions

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/...en&mapid=US

Hope I won't be the only Red Wings fan there. Let me know if any of you will show, then i'll be able to get a couple of tables next to a TV.

tell me you poozers are going to show up!!! :D

Brian