93 replies to this topic

#41 zata20

zata20

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (BleedRed&White @ June 4, 2009 - 11:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it really odd for a guy who hasn't played in 2-3 weeks to be out there longer on game day after coming off injury?

I think he is playin. He said he plans on playing, so I believe he is just pushin it hard just to be sure.

#42 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (zata20 @ June 4, 2009 - 11:40AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to assume he's just taking the extra step to make sure he's ready! Not lik ehe won't nap this afternoon.
Posted Image

#43 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

He's done morning skates the past few games, no surprise he did it again. Didn't 97.1 also say we have a deal in plae with hossa? This radio show is as useful as the trade rumors on HFBoards.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#44 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (BleedRed&White @ June 4, 2009 - 12:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it really odd for a guy who hasn't played in 2-3 weeks to be out there longer on game day after coming off injury?

thats what I was thinking. Wouldn't he want to make sure he was really ready? Maybe I don't know much on the subject.

#45 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (NvrFrgtRussian5 @ June 4, 2009 - 09:42AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up too much. This after I just called nearly everyone in my dept. at work to let them know the good news.

Not gonna sweat it either way. So what do we have now?

Franzen - Zetterberg - Cleary
Holmstrom - Helm - Hossa
Samuelsson - Filppula - Hudler
Leino - Draper - Maltby

??

I still like our chances!! Man, our team is AWESOME.

#46 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

I really don't think he's going to be in tonight. Ken Campbell of the Hockey News said on Sportsnet that he asked Ken Holland if Datsyuk will be in the line up and he said it does not look like it.

There was an optional skate this morning and Datsyuk stayed on the ice for the extra 45 minutes with the injured/scratched players working on his ankle.
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#47 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Play him! For gods sake the man is practicing for 75 minutes, he should be ready enough for the Stanley Cup Finals! Sorry, just total frustration.

#48 40#1Fan

40#1Fan

4th Line Grinder

• HoF Booster
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Pavel Datsyuk game-time decision; Justin Abdelkader out as Kris Draper returns
by Ansar Khan

Thursday June 04, 2009, 11:44 AM
Update from Thursday's morning skate: Coach Mike Babcock said Pavel Datsyuk (foot) will be a game-time decision tonight. Datsyuk skated a long time this morning, for about an hour after most his teammates were finished.

"I feel much better, I can make more turns,'' Datsyuk said. "I'll go pregame skate and make a decision.''

#49 zata20

zata20

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Bruce Macleod-UPDATE: Datsyuk just got off the ice after a 90-minute hard workout. He said that he'll be in the pregame skate and will decide after that. Datsyuk said that he worked out three times longer than usual in the morning skate to test himself further, to see how his legs would react to more of a game-like situation.

That said, a 90-minute hard workout in the morning is a very unusual thing to do the day of a game.

It seems like it's his decision now.

Edited by zata20, 04 June 2009 - 12:04 PM.

#50 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

Here what I know,there's NO WAY he's jacked up like Yzerman was in 02,but then again there was never a question about Steve's hunger. It's the finals,time to rise to greatness Dats,and show what your made of.
Posted Image

#51 adtthosa

adtthosa

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

These "day to day" injuries are so frustrating. Let's hope for the best. If not, I'm still confident we can get the job done tonight.

#52 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (cupcrazy @ June 4, 2009 - 01:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here what I know,there's NO WAY he's jacked up like Yzerman was in 02,but then again there was never a question about Steve's hunger. It's the finals,time to rise to greatness Dats,and show what your made of.

That's not really a fair comparison. I see what you are saying and have always been amazed by Stevie's heart and will (and have never been as impressed or amazed with anyone as I was with Yzerman that year), however his role and what he had to offer the team in 02 is very different from what Dats can provide the team now. Dats main assets are his ability to stop, turn, weave in and out of traffic, and basically do his dangle dangle. If he cannot do those things he is not really the asset that the Wings need and my even be a liability thus his playing might actually hurt the team rather than help them which is something that he, like Yzerman, would not want to do.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#53 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (cupcrazy @ June 4, 2009 - 10:08AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do people really think like this? Because Datsyuk and other Russians always have a stoic look on their face because of the way they were raised and get injured 8 times less than 175 pound Canadian guys, that they don't have any determination or heart? I can't believe that people actually believe this type of logic. It's almost as dumb as calling Yzerman a ***** for not playing on his broken ankle in 2001. If a guy's hurt, he's hurt. This is PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, cupcrazy. It's not like he's got a hangnail and backing out of a pick-up shuffleboard contest. Do you honestly believe that Pavel Datsyuk is not as tough as Steve Yzerman?

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

And I tried to find an Yzerman hit by typing in "yzerman hit" and "yzerman check", but all I could find was Yzerman getting hit in the eye and scoring goals. When people try to tell me Yzerman was tough, I just laugh. The guy gutted it out through some pretty bad injuries along the way, but he was about as rough and durable as Mary Poppins. Yzerman was the last of his breed - the 80's style hockey phenom.

#54 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

IMO it sounds like a good trade off to take Abbs out to put Drapes in and take Leino out to put Pavs in. I like Draper's and Datsyuk's grit and plus if he can come back and get on the scoreboard that would be huge. Here is hoping for a Detroit Red Wings Victory/Win in Game 4 of the 2009 NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Let's Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#55 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

But you think there's a question about Pavs' hunger? If the trainers say he can't play, and he doesn't think he can be effective on that ankle....what do you want him to do? Say "f*** it" and risk further injury?

This nonsense about comparing people to Steve needs to stop.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#56 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

"I want to go so bad"

- Datsyuk

Enough said.

#57 BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool

Lets get Schlitz faced!

• PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Louisville @ June 4, 2009 - 12:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I want to go so bad"

- Datsyuk

Enough said.

Exactly!
LETS GO RED WINGS!

#58 Snazzy

Snazzy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

Well the good news is, even if he doesn't play tonight, he will play in this series. Many folks were on here saying Pavs is done for the playoffs. That's not the truth, Pavs will play in this series.
“I do this real moron thing, it's called thinking, and I'm not a very good Amercian because I like to form my own opionions.” -G. Carlin

#59 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

Babcock said: "Pavel already told me he's warming up and planning on playing. We've had lots of plans over the years. We'll see what happens.''

Babcock said it is Datsyuk's decision

That's enough for me.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#60 redwings1973

redwings1973

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Dats status for Game 4 still in limbo.......... http://www.mlive.com..._status_fo.html
"It's been a great honor for me to be a player for the Detroit Red Wings, to play for an Original Six franchise. I know I'm far from perfect, but I learned a lot. "
-Stevie Y