• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thegreat66

Zetterberg is the guy more than any other that scares me

Rate this topic

WRONG.

wrong wrong wrong.

"...but....but.....but....he hooked him then. I know they cheated somehow because they scored a goal--every goals they score is from cheating" :STOMPS-FOOT: - :CRY:

"Stop picking on me :( " :BOO-HOO:

My point was you're trying to act like the only reason the Pens won Game 3 was because of that power play call in the 3rd period...Like I said the Red Wings were out hit by 19,Fleury outplayed Osgood, and the Wings only had 3 shots in the 3rd period, and had numerous chances to get the 3rd goal in the 2nd period when they got the late power play in the period when they were dominating the game and didnt get it done...

Yea kind of like they let Hossa get away with breaking Dupuis stick in the 2nd period in game 2 on Sunday, and Samuellson interfering with Malkin before the Ericsson goal on the faceoff that tied the game at 1 as well in the 2nd period in Game 2. It's not like Detroit didnt have chances to take the lead in the game on Tuesday night. They totally dominated the 2nd period and got a power play chance late in the 2nd period as well. The bottom line is the Wings had numerous chances and they didnt get it done...

The Penguins out hit the Wings by 19 in Game 3 and Fleury made more key saves then Osgood. How about pointing to that as a reason to why the Penguins won game 3 instead of blaming the refs for calling interference on Ericsson which by the way was a legit call seeing that Cooke didnt have the puck and Ericsson blatantly grabbed on to him to make sure he didnt get the puck. Let Babcock keep whining about the Pens getting the one power play in the 3rd and the Wings not getting it like he did after the game on Tuesday. God forbid Babcock ever admits while he sips his water bottle 50,000 times during a press conference that the other team actually played better then the Wings and won without having an excuse...

You Pens fans jump on everything the guys on NBC say, as if it's gospel. I heard their comments too, but I actually watched the plays and they were wrong on both counts. l2hockey, because right now you = fail.

~ Z

Yea kind of like they let Hossa get away with breaking Dupuis stick in the 2nd period in game 2 on Sunday, and Samuellson interfering with Malkin before the Ericsson goal on the faceoff that tied the game at 1 as well in the 2nd period in Game 2. It's not like Detroit didnt have chances to take the lead in the game on Tuesday night. They totally dominated the 2nd period and got a power play chance late in the 2nd period as well. The bottom line is the Wings had numerous chances and they didnt get it done...

The Penguins out hit the Wings by 19 in Game 3 and Fleury made more key saves then Osgood. How about pointing to that as a reason to why the Penguins won game 3 instead of blaming the refs for calling interference on Ericsson which by the way was a legit call seeing that Cooke didnt have the puck and Ericsson blatantly grabbed on to him to make sure he didnt get the puck. Let Babcock keep whining about the Pens getting the one power play in the 3rd and the Wings not getting it like he did after the game on Tuesday. God forbid Babcock ever admits while he sips his water bottle 50,000 times during a press conference that the other team actually played better then the Wings and won without having an excuse...

Dupuis' stick broke due to incidental contact with Hossa's skate. It was unintentional and there was certainly no slash. One could argue that there was a hook, but I haven't looked at it closely enough to decide for myself on that one.

I agree with most of your post - that people need to stop blaming the refs. The Wings just didn't get it done, plain and simple.

But Babcock is probably one of the least "whiniest" coaches in this league. And really? Bashing him for drinking water? LOL.

picard-facepalm.jpg

*sigh* i grow weary of this.

after team x's loss--

team x's fan: WE LOST CUZ DA REFS!

team y's fan: BAD CALLS GO BOTH WAYS CAN'T YOU ADMIT U GOT OUTPLAYED!!!1!!11

after team y's loss--

team y's fan: WE LOST CUZ DA REFS!!!

team x's fan: BAD CALLS GO BOTH WAYS CAN'T YOU ADMIT U GOT OUTPLAYED!!!1!!11

oh well.

back on topic, i'm still going to have to say 87. zetterberg has done a masterful job of shutting him down so far, but the few times he's been away from zetts out there he has looked real dangerous, and has still had some chances against zetterberg. all it takes is two extended shifts with crosby out there w/o zetterberg and something bad will happen.

You Pens fans jump on everything the guys on NBC say, as if it's gospel. I heard their comments too, but I actually watched the plays and they were wrong on both counts. l2hockey, because right now you = fail.

~ Z

Some people don't have the intelligence to form their own opinion based on facts. Which is clearly the case here. So far, based on the Pens fans that have joined LGWs, have very little knowledge about hockey. Not that I expect them too, since their organization almost went bankrupt due to no fan support at all.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad the Penguins are finally starting to draw a fan base. I don't like to see teams go bankrupt, it's not good for the entire league.

Your point FAILED. You have lost all credibility. Go away!

Yea too bad everything I said above is the truth go look up the stat sheet dip s*** it doesnt lie...So you fail just like the Wings will fail to win game 4 tonight with Jesus Christ Almighty Datsyuk returning to the lineup...

Yea too bad everything I said above is the truth go look up the stat sheet dip s*** it doesnt lie...So you fail just like the Wings will fail to win game 4 tonight with Jesus Christ Almighty Datsyuk returning to the lineup...

I know this wasn't directed to me, but what you said about Dupuis stick breaking was wrong. He broke it himself on Hossa's skate.

Dupuis' stick broke due to incidental contact with Hossa's skate. It was unintentional and there was certainly no slash. One could argue that there was a hook, but I haven't looked at it closely enough to decide for myself on that one.

I agree with most of your post - that people need to stop blaming the refs. The Wings just didn't get it done, plain and simple.

But Babcock is probably one of the least "whiniest" coaches in this league. And really? Bashing him for drinking water? LOL.

Im not bashing him for drinking water I just think it's strange that he has to take a drink of water everytime before he answers a question at every single one of his press conferences. I just think it's weird and it makes him look narotic as hell. He doesnt whine too often you're right but when he does do it on occasion like he did the other night he does it real quiet without making it out to be that he is complaining...

I know this wasn't directed to me, but what you said about Dupuis stick breaking was wrong. He broke it himself on Hossa's skate.

Im not talking about Dupuis stick anymore Im talking about Game 3 stats of the Pens outhitting the Wings 36-17, the Wings getting 3 shots in the 3rd period,and Fleury outplaying Osgood. That's what I was trying to tell Snazzy moron a few minutes ago and he ignored it and went back to the Dupuis Hossa thing cause he has no argument for any of those things because they are facts...

Edited by 87to71

My point was you're trying to act like the only reason the Pens won Game 3 was because of that power play call in the 3rd period...Like I said the Red Wings were out hit by 19,Fleury outplayed Osgood, and the Wings only had 3 shots in the 3rd period, and had numerous chances to get the 3rd goal in the 2nd period when they got the late power play in the period when they were dominating the game and didnt get it done...

This is 100% the reason why we lost on Tuesday.

This is 100% the reason why we lost on Tuesday.

Not according to Snazzy it isnt he thinks it's because they dont call nothing on Gill and Scuderi and that it was all the refs fault and had nothing to do with the Wings inept play at times throughout game 3...

Im not bashing him for drinking water I just think it's strange that he has to take a drink of water everytime before he answers a question at every single one of his press conferences. I just think it's weird and it makes him look narotic as hell. He doesnt whine too often you're right but when he does do it on occasion like he did the other night he does it real quiet without making it out to be that he is complaining...

What is narotic?

Babcock is a class act, and all coaches have to toe the line between saying what the really think and getting a fine, and saying the cliches.

I lol'd last year at Therrien's post-game press conferences. Guy looked like a bully had stolen his car, kicked his dog, and then slept with his wife. He was seconds away from absolute sobbing. At least Bylsma doesn't mope.

~ Z

Edited by WingsCaptain

If Datsyuk is playing, then Staal scares me the most, he's damn good on special teams, but I guess if Pav is out then Malkin is the dangerous one. (Also talbot somewhat).

Im not talking about Dupuis stick anymore Im talking about Game 3 stats of the Pens outhitting the Wings 36-17, the Wings getting 3 shots in the 3rd period,and Fleury outplaying Osgood. That's what I was trying to tell Snazzy moron a few minutes ago and he ignored it and went back to the Dupuis Hossa thing cause he has no argument for any of those things because they are facts...

I don't care what you're talking about now. I'm talking about what you said earlier in this thread, which was something you tried to pawn off as a fact when it in fact has been proven false.

Now that being said, I completely agree with this assessment.

you're either blind or retarded but there are several video clips going around that show Dupuis' stick broke on either Hossa's foot OR the ice. Hossa didn't directly have anything to do with it.

The Pens player that scares me the most is the one with the black and white stripes with red armbands. Oh, also the one that looks like Count Chocula who sits on his throne in the NHL offices and manipulates schedules and suspensions to further the chances his team will win the cup. Other than those two, I think the Wings can beat the rest of the team in 5 or 6 games.

and since when does, HITS win hockey games? I thought the only thing that counted was goals on the scoreboard?? :D

besides we all know the only reason the Pens won last game is so Buttman can sell more playoffs tickets, a sweep wouldn't be very profitable for the NHL.

on a serious note though, yes Pittsburgh played a decent game and got the job done, they needed to win that game. Refs called a tight game, few weak calls but hey that is always going to happen. Fleury played solid, and they got the job done no thanks to Cindy though.

and please for the last time stop whining about Hossa breaking a stick, they both were going for the puck and dupoius swung his stick into Hossa's, Marian was swinging in the opposite direction right towards the puck, there was never any chopping motion for him to try and break the stick it just happened. Refs made a good call on that and even if they would have called it that wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game.

good luck tonight

Number 13 wants blood

oh forgot to say who scares me the most, it would be IceBerg the cheesy mascot that should be a baseball field and not a ice arena.

here is a pic of Hossa's "Slash"

hossa.gif

watch that and then tell me honestly he broke his stick? come on are you serious?

Edited by WingNutt

hossa.gif

Based on the video evidence, I'd have to say Dupuis scares me the most. If he takes a whack at Datsyuk's bad foot like that, he may be out again.

P.S. 87to71 is a moron. As my grandpa used to say, "Stick it in your craw, woman."