• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

Eklund at it again about Hossa and draft day

Rate this topic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Quic...ny-More/1/21437

The Red Wings are completely denying that they are close to a deal with Hossa and it may be sometime before they would admit such a thing. The general consensus among my sources both here in Pittsburgh and elsewhere is that the Wings and Hossa have had something in place for quite some time but of course can't announce it and put themselves in a position of weakness by having to work deals to move players with other teams who know that they have to clear cap space. As one source put it...

"It'll probably be announced the week between the draft and the UFA starting (July 1). My bet is that the Wings will be in on draft dealings more than we have ever seen previously. Think about it. They have some extremely valuable signed players that they could move for a top pick. Win/Win for Ken Holland."

Guest lnvincible

TSN say's there close to a deal, im gonna go with that over some field hockey analyst it seems like.

Kenny will probably trade the negotiating rights to Hossa for a mid level pick. The Preds got a 1st for the rights to Timonen and Hartnell.

Hartnell and Timonen agreed to sign with Philly before they were traded, they signed the same day of the trade.

Yeah, I agree.

if we sign him for anything more than 5 million I don't think I will like the deal.

There is no way Hossa going to accept 2 to 3 million discounts exactly, it is which necessary to play for Redwings. If trade will not occur to free upward space it gone. About to obtain the first round for it discussing the rights - the absence of putya. What you did cover? Another disappointed command when Hossa will leave town….

There is no way Hossa going to accept 2 to 3 million discounts exactly, it is which necessary to play for Redwings. If trade will not occur to free upward space it gone. About to obtain the first round for it discussing the rights - the absence of putya. What you did cover? Another disappointed command when Hossa will leave town….

I love it when you post things.

Me Love You when it things post here on. LOL

That would be 1 smart move; can't sign Hossa due to the cap - well then who wants him most?...Starting bid will be a 1st rounder in this years draft :thumbup:

the ONLY team I trade Hossa's bargainin rights to for a first rounder is the Islanders. Of course the Wings would pass on Tavares and select Hedman anyhow....

I think for the money they would be spending on him, let him go we can use that money maybe to bolster the defense up more or couple really good forwards. Let sammy go, and get couple really good players.

if this Wings organization thinks it can keep Hossa after the s*** he's put in his this playoff season it'll be probably the WORST decision they've made in a LONG time.

There is no way this guy deserver 7.4m and there is no way this guy is going to take over this series or anything like that.

It's over for him in Detroit. he came here to win a championship and he's playing like a pansy.

if this Wings organization thinks it can keep Hossa after the s*** he's put in his this playoff season it'll be probably the WORST decision they've made in a LONG time.

There is no way this guy deserver 7.4m and there is no way this guy is going to take over this series or anything like that.

It's over for him in Detroit. he came here to win a championship and he's playing like a pansy.

+1 !! Please Ken, we don't need him. We can get the same output with a couple of 2-3 mill/yr players, have some cap space.

Fortunately it's up to Ken Holland and a few select others. We'll re-sign Hossa, have some cap space, and still have the perfect team for next year. I'm not worried.

Edited by Hossa!!

The Toronto Sun said today a deal IS in place to be signed after the playoffs for 7 years averaging at LESS than $6 million per season.

We're probably looking at a $40-45 million deal for 7 years.

If we can keep Hossa and Hudler while seeing Sami walk it would be a success I think.

The Toronto Sun said today a deal IS in place to be signed after the playoffs for 7 years averaging at LESS than $6 million per season.

We're probably looking at a $40-45 million deal for 7 years.

If we can keep Hossa and Hudler while seeing Sami walk it would be a success I think.

There had better be a parade of the 4-Cup guys retiring for that to be true. I hope it's false.

DO U LET HOSSA WALK, SIGN HUDS AND MAYBE BRING IN LIKE A Guerin AND Tkachuk FOR LIKE 2 APEICE? PLUS PISS OFF PITTS MORE BY TAKIN ANOTHER PLAYER AWAY FROM THEM!

DATS-Z-HOMER

GUERIN-HUDS-MULE

TKACHUK-FILP-CLEARY

HELM-DRAPS-MALT(Abdelkader)

D STAYS THE SAME

OZ

HOWARD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATS(6.7)-Z(6.08)-HOMER(2.250)

HOSSA(5)-FILP(3)-MULE(4)

CLEARY(2.8)-HUDS(?)-MALTS(.883)

ADB(.750)-DRAPS(1.58)-HELM(.6)

LIDS(7.45)-RAFI(6)

KRON(3)-STU(3.75)

ERIC(.9)-LILJA(1.25)

OZ(1.4)

HOWARD(.7)

THIS LINE UP WITH OUT HUDS IS LIKE 58MIL

HUDS OR FILP WILL HAVE TO BE MOVED, HUDS IS A RFA ALSO ALONG WITH LEINO

TRADE LEBS, MEECH

LET SAMMY, CHELI, AND KOPECKY WALK

There had better be a parade of the 4-Cup guys retiring for that to be true. I hope it's false.

Sami, Chelios are gone for sure.

Kopecky MIGHT go.

That leaves only Hudler and Hossa.

If Hossa comes in at under $6 million as reported, perhaps not more than $5, its do-able provided Hudler takes a long term deal too.

DO U LET HOSSA WALK, SIGN HUDS AND MAYBE BRING IN LIKE A Guerin AND Tkachuk FOR LIKE 2 APEICE? PLUS PISS OFF PITTS MORE BY TAKIN ANOTHER PLAYER AWAY FROM THEM!

Guerin and Tkachuk? You've GOT to be kidding me. I thought we left these types of guys back in '06 when we got dealt with by Edmonton.

We've a boatload of youngins ready to step up and the "old" guy Hossa and the 20 something Hudler. Why in Gods name would be load up on guys who are like in age and abilities to the legend Shanny that we let walk 3 years ago?

DATS-Z-HOMER

GUERIN-HUDS-MULE

TKACHUK-FILP-CLEARY

HELM-DRAPS-MALT(Abdelkader)

D STAYS THE SAME

OZ

HOWARD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATS(6.7)-Z(6.08)-HOMER(2.250)

HOSSA(5)-FILP(3)-MULE(4)

CLEARY(2.8)-HUDS(?)-MALTS(.883)

ADB(.750)-DRAPS(1.58)-HELM(.6)

LIDS(7.45)-RAFI(6)

KRON(3)-STU(3.75)

ERIC(.9)-LILJA(1.25)

OZ(1.4)

HOWARD(.7)

THIS LINE UP WITH OUT HUDS IS LIKE 58MIL

HUDS OR FILP WILL HAVE TO BE MOVED, HUDS IS A RFA ALSO ALONG WITH LEINO

TRADE LEBS, MEECH

LET SAMMY, CHELI, AND KOPECKY WALK

I have no idea why Guerin and Tkachuk are typed in normal convention in that first paragraph (ex. "Guerin" and "Tkachuk") within the first paragraph within this post. Oh. and Abdelkader.