• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NEpats1028

Nobody to Blame But Ourselves

Rate this topic

As much as i'd love to blame this one on the officiating of the NHL, we simply have to look in the mirror and admit the facts: Pittsburgh won this game by outplaying us and winning the small battles. Say what you want about the Sidney Crosby suckfest going on in Bettman's office, but the Wings just didn't have it tonight. Ozzie was amazing tonight, and the offense just wasn't there, and hasn't been there since Pavel went down.

So besides the obvious (PK, injuries), what can the Wings do to keep up with the Penguins when we go back there for Game 6? They are a whole different team at the Mellon. And lets hope we can find our stuff on Saturday! GO WINGS!

Can't blame the SH goal on the officials...we had the upper hand, 2-1 game and 2 power plays in a row. Nobody to blame but ourselves. We need to get our energy level back and play like the machine we know how to play like...

After every loss, there is nobody to blame but yourself. Thats the only thing you can control in a game.

As a TEAM, the Wings were outplayed by a much hungrier pens team.

Edit: should put to rest the whole ref conspiracy against the Wings

Edited by Statts

As much as i'd love to blame this one on the officiating of the NHL, we simply have to look in the mirror and admit the facts: Pittsburgh won this game by outplaying us and winning the small battles. Say what you want about the Sidney Crosby suckfest going on in Bettman's office, but the Wings just didn't have it tonight. Ozzie was amazing tonight, and the offense just wasn't there, and hasn't been there since Pavel went down.

So besides the obvious (PK, injuries), what can the Wings do to keep up with the Penguins when we go back there for Game 6? They are a whole different team at the Mellon. And lets hope we can find our stuff on Saturday! GO WINGS!

I blame Malkin.

But our giveaways jacked us.

He's a beast.

Turnovers have been killing us lately. I don't know how we've allowed ourselves to get so cut away from each other that it seems like there are 3 pens in every passing lane.

It's unbelievable.

maybe its just my observations, but in most games, the wings look like another team in the 3rd period... id like to see them press some more like that in the first 2 periods and put a little more pressure on the Fluery and the Pens D though out the game. I mean i love wings hockey, and dont think many can beat them at their game but they need to pressure some more to try to generate some scoring chances jump to an early lead on these younger players, the wings have looked almost like their skating on sand out there lately.

saturday should be a great game! GO WINGS!!!

Best message board in sports. The officiating was atrocious tonight (both ways), yet even the "McCreary" thread has no legs. Any other board would be 90% "refs suck" if their team had lost. Even the Pens board is complaining about it tonight.

Kudos.

Guest lilja4mvp

the difference in this series:

pens: 4 PP goals, 1 SH goal

wings: 1 PP goal

pathetic. wings are done.

Edited by lilja4mvp

way too many turnovers at the offensive blue line. i dont know what it was exactly that caused our D to pinch the way they did and not come up with the puck or body. you commit like that you need to get something, it allowed for way too many breakaways. also the power play needs to set up more and then fire shots, i feel like the wings are firing shots before everyone is in the zone and ready to work the PP

To be honest, I'll start to worry if we drop Game 5. We had how many shots tonight? 40? Against a goalie who can be incredibly flaky, especially on the road. The Wings did one thing wrong tonight: they gave up a shorthanded goal. That gives a team unparalleled momentum, and the Pens rode it to a quick two-goal lead. If that goal doesn't happen, their do the other two.

Datsyuk will be back for Game 5, which will give the team a huge boost. I think the Wings head back to Pittsburgh with a 3-2 series lead. We'll see what happens from there.

One point to improve upon, excluding penalty killing, is to not giving the puck up at the blueline. It led to two goals (maybe three, I turned the game off and didn't see Kennedy's).

This is a highly composed, highly experienced, highly talented team that faced a similar situation against the Ducks and responded well.

Going back to the Mellon for game 6, we will definitely need Dats back. But as long as they can tighten up defensively, stop with all the turnovers, and kill a penalty every once and a while they'll be fine.

Having the Kronwall and Stuart we saw in the Chicago series would be swell as well, of course.

Funny thing is, the pittsburgh boards were filled with "We're Finished", "Another Year of Failure"...etc after the Wings won the first 2 games. It's still anybodys series. It's all about who wants Game 5 more. Im just thankful its at The Joe and not in Pittsburgh. I'd be more nervous if I were the Penguins.

Call me crazy but I never think it is a good idea to mess up lines. The Wings seem to be more concerned about Crosby not scoring then scoring themselves. We need to get back to OUR game which is to control the puck and quit this chip in and chase hockey that is not working. Sure we are getting alot of shots but very few are good scoring chances.

Next game wins.

Going back to the Mellon for game 6, we will definitely need Dats back. But as long as they can tighten up defensively, stop with all the turnovers, and kill a penalty every once and a while they'll be fine.

Having the Kronwall and Stuart we saw in the Chicago series would be swell as well, of course.

You know what f*** this moron PAVEL ******* Dtsyuk, what is the point of him coming back now the team is demoralized tired and f***ed, "trust your legs to Pavel the great" he can't win by himself, he was needed today in game 4 not tomorrow not suturday, i wish him to recover and play well golf.

Osgood played well. On three of the goals (maybe the 4th, didn't see it) he was left high and dry by the defense.

Knowing this team, they'll rebound in game 5, and take it to them in game 6. It will end there.