No registered users viewing this page.

NEpats1028

Nobody to Blame But Ourselves

Rate this topic

the difference in this series:

pens: 4 PP goals, 1 SH goal

wings: 1 PP goal

pathetic. wings are done.

Sorry, but you or I don't know jacks*** until they play the rest of the games, DO we?

I for one agree with all the posts I've read so far here. The Wings did not look tonight and the Pens outplayed them through most of it.

I for one will also say I hope they come back Saturday mentally and physically refreshed and beat the crap out of the Pens and shut up "fans" like you.

Heh, I agree about Hossa needing to up his game. But we need to face reality, Hossa is not a #1 "carry the team" player. But how crushing would it be to be on the losing side of the SCF two years running on seperate teams?

But at the same time he isn't the only one that needs to up his game.

We aren't out, but we've dug ourselves a nice little hole.

Hossa really needs to step up though... we brought him to the promise land and he is laying a big dumper out there.

I really think that we saw the worst game of the playoffs for the Wings so far. Hopefully it's a serious wake up call. The Pens just out hit, out hustled and out played the Wings tonight.

There are a few guys out there really working - even Hossa (maybe trying a little too hard) - but we need a full team effort for 60 minutes.

Rafalski has sucked hard by the way... he is the giveaway king this series. Sorry had to say it.

LOL, nice read but don't be sorry for Hosman with his play he does not deserve so far to hold even Datsyuk's bottle of beer, forget about the cup.

I need to start watching some bowling or pool may be I can't watch this team any more, two words: OVERPAYED OVERRATED.

Gee, I don't recognize your name.

Hmmm...does this mean you only show up at times like this? And might that also mean that that's how much credibility we can give your opinions?

I'm thinkin' yeah.

I blame the Sharks for our current play. If they had not choked and taken out the ducks liked they should have, we would not have come of that series beat up and a little worn down.

Then we had to face a good fast Hawks team and with injuries it took even more energy out of the team.

The one thing I feared about the playoffs was playing the Ducks, because of the physical toll it would take on the team. Now that they are in the finals, it seems like all of their drive, desire, and energy is gone. The team needs to dig down deep and get a take no prisoners attitude if they are going to repeat.

Lidstrom needs to have a players only meeting and ask his teammates if they want to win the Cup again, and if they are willing to do what it takes.

The team really needs Pavel back. It is a shame that he got hurt, because I think this series would be much different if he were healthy. Poor Hank is being worn out and no one on the Wings is stepping up their game in this series to help him out.

The D was atrocious tonight, just pathetic and our special teams were a nightmare. A short handed goal?? Seriously? Heavens... What did I miss? Why was Abdelkader out and Draper in? WHY is Leino still in? Who was that guy that guy pretending to be Kronwall? If we're going to be turning the puck over like that why even bother suiting up? :thumbdown:

Edited by Rocket Queen 30

Lidstrom needs to have a players only meeting and ask his teammates if they want to win the Cup again, and if they are willing to do what it takes.

The team really needs Pavel back. It is a shame that he got hurt, because I think this series would be much different if he were healthy. Poor Hank is being worn out and no one on the Wings is stepping up their game in this series to help him out.

Agreed.

This is the time when Stevie would've said what needed to be said in that room. I believe Lids has the same sway and respect... something needs to be said after this game. They will probably come out like gang busters on Saturday.

Wings will win this series. They have the talent and the drive, they just need to buckle down and play Red Wing hockey.

I blame the Sharks for our current play. If they had not choked and taken out the ducks liked they should have, we would not have come of that series beat up and a little worn down.

Then we had to face a good fast Hawks team and with injuries it took even more energy out of the team.

The one thing I feared about the playoffs was playing the Ducks, because of the physical toll it would take on the team. Now that they are in the finals, it seems like all of their drive, desire, and energy is gone. The team needs to dig down deep and get a take no prisoners attitude if they are going to repeat.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the sharks or the ducks. This has to do with a team that needs to decide whether or not they have any pride at all in what they've done this year. San Jose and Anaheim are LONG gone and they've already proven they can beat this Penguins team without Datsyuk. They just need to focus and get serious.

Gee, I don't recognize your name.

Hmmm...does this mean you only show up at times like this? And might that also mean that that's how much credibility we can give your opinions?

I'm thinkin' yeah.

I care less if you know my name or not, I think we watched two diferent games today, To be positive ?? Ok but show some positive staf from todays game the response is NONE. I don't post much, I read what you guys have to say, but today ......... well I'm glad soon everything will be over in one way or another.

If he did not play today how better he will be in 2 days??? Dont fool yourself, this s*** lady ******* bing or bong and all hardware a good on the shelves not on the ice, belive me at least 25 to 30 % from both teams are playing with diferent types of inguries. He was suposed to be on the ice even at 50%.

arigold.gif

Do us all a favor, please.

I care less if you know my name or not, I think we watched two diferent games today, To be positive ?? Ok but show some positive staf from todays game the response is NONE. I don't post much, I read what you guys have to say, but today ......... well I'm glad soon everything will be over in one way or another.

Note the sub-heading...

now don't post on this topic if you can't respect what i asked. thanks

Agreed.

This is the time when Stevie would've said what needed to be said in that room. I believe Lids has the same sway and respect... something needs to be said after this game. They will probably come out like gang busters on Saturday.

Wings will win this series. They have the talent and the drive, they just need to buckle down and play Red Wing hockey.

Yes. Thank you.

I recall one time where I absolutely was getting killed in a boxing match. Heavyweight, league qualifiers, and two rounds in, I was getting smoked. It was a miracle I was still conscious. Coach looked at me during the between-rounds break and simply said "You're the defending league champion. You're better than this. Prove it." I won the match in a knockout, and then the league finals a week later.

Edited by Casey

So besides the obvious (PK, injuries), what can the Wings do to keep up with the Penguins when we go back there for Game 6? They are a whole different team at the Mellon. And lets hope we can find our stuff on Saturday! GO WINGS!

Scoring on the power play might help. This is now two games in a row the Wings had a chance to put the game away early with the power play and they botched it.

The Wings did beat themselves. Are they tired? beat up? Yes. Still we can't use excuses they need to win two more games, I know it will be tough. All they have to do is move on, its a loss, oh well. We will be fine. Yes the Pens played better tonight, they had too, they couldn't afford to come into Detroit down 3-1. I hate when people don't respect their opponents. "Wings will sweep, Wings in five," that kinda talk is nonsense. Lets give the Pens credit. But now its time for the Wings to play their best hockey, and hopefully get Pavel back. Best of 3 now. We did it against the Ducks. Saturday will just be that much bigger to win now. The Pens were at one time my second favorite team, Wings being my favorite of course, mainly because I thought Yzerman and Lemieux were the greatest players to watch. Now I can't stand the Pens because of Malkin and Crosby. There are way better players in the league yet they are the poster boys, how does that happen. They are nowhere near the great penguin players of past. That being said I still believe the Wings are gonna win this series. Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoring on the power play might help. This is now two games in a row the Wings had a chance to put the game away early with the power play and they botched it.

They desperately need Dats back on the PP... he is able to create space and hold onto the puck. The other problem is we need to get traffic in front of the net and oh yeah, get the puck to the net.

I gotta' believe Dats is coming back in game 5...

Wings still have this series. Tonight was a giant smack in the face. Wake up and play Red Wing Hockey!!

Go Wings!

Now I can't stand the Pens because of Malkin and Crosby. There are way better players in the league yet they are the poster boys, how does that happen. They are nowhere near the great penguin players of past. That being said I still believe the Wings are gonna win this series. Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have to say one more thing... why are we letting Ev-Jenny the ass clown run around and hit people after whistles? Somebody needs to put the wood to that *******. Stuart? Krownwall? Anyone?!?

We watched the same game. If you look at what I wrote you'll notice I said they didn't play well. In fact they pretty much sucked.

My argument is with you and when you choose to show up here. Not the game.

Kind of wondering if the schedule is taking its toll. TURNOVERS TURNOVERS TURNOVERS. Sorry but that's one of the reasons the Wings lost tonight. The shorty was due the D pinching in too much. Tired D the last three goals. Maybe Babs goes a forward short next game and brings an extra D. Still confident that the Wings will take this in 6.

GO WINGS!!!!

As much as i'd love to blame this one on the officiating of the NHL, we simply have to look in the mirror and admit the facts: Pittsburgh won this game by outplaying us and winning the small battles. Say what you want about the Sidney Crosby suckfest going on in Bettman's office, but the Wings just didn't have it tonight. Ozzie was amazing tonight, and the offense just wasn't there, and hasn't been there since Pavel went down.

So besides the obvious (PK, injuries), what can the Wings do to keep up with the Penguins when we go back there for Game 6? They are a whole different team at the Mellon. And lets hope we can find our stuff on Saturday! GO WINGS!

You sum it up perfectly. We got flat out beat tonight by a team who wanted it more. That said - winning the Stanley Cup is not easy, playing 4 games in 6 nights will tend to cause a breakdown or lapse somewhere along the way - we saw that tonight in the second period.

We need to suck it up, get back to Detroit, put this behind us and set our sights on winning game 5. This thing is so far from over for both sides its not even funny. We have the poise needed (IE: we were down in the series at one point against Anaheim remember).

the difference in this series:

pens: 4 PP goals, 1 SH goal

wings: 1 PP goal

pathetic. wings are done.

Your post is the only thing pathetic about this thread my friend.

Wings:

--> Turn over the puck at least a half dozen times each period.

--> Fail to maintain pressure in the Pens zone in all but a handful of cases (the start of the 3rd being a good example of what should've happened all game)

--> Wings get nearly two full powerplays in a row to add the nail in the birds' coffin. They fail.

--> Left Ralfalski and Lidstrom out on the PP for about 30seconds too long (f*** that makes me mad- the Wings always emphasize short, effective shifts), tired Rafalski gets beat by Staal. Osgood the weak Staal goal in (although he shouldn't have been in that situation anyway). Tables are completely flipped and we fail to recover.

--> Wings display the pathetic PK we've come to expect this season and especially this post season.

--> Wings fail to capitalize on their chances.

--> Penguins clog up the middle of their zone, throwing tons of men in front of the net- lateral passes are very tough to make except along the blueline. Solution: shoot from the point and shoot often. Wings Solution: keep playing like normal and let them break up your offensive pressure and get an odd man rush going the other way.

Honestly, the Wings better feel pretty f***in' embarrassed right now.

I can't believe they let the Pens get their confidence back. Now all the Pens feel like they can score, win and have their mojo back. Us? We look like f***in' amateur hour out there.

These last two games have to be the worst 120 mins I've seen the Wings play all postseason.

I'm just praying Babs can slap them in the face and make them play like the Detroit Red Wings.

Maybe the schedule is coming back to bite them in the ass. Amazing though that a week ago yesterday is when we closed out Chicago and now we're already going into Game 5 of the Finals with the series tied 2-2...pretty damn good. One hell of a week, i will admit that!

Wings:

--> Turn over the puck at least a half dozen times each period.

--> Fail to maintain pressure in the Pens zone in all but a handful of cases (the start of the 3rd being a good example of what should've happened all game)

--> Wings get nearly two full powerplays in a row to add the nail in the birds' coffin. They fail.

--> Left Ralfalski and Lidstrom out on the PP for about 30seconds too long (f*** that makes me mad- the Wings always emphasize short, effective shifts), tired Rafalski gets beat by Staal. Osgood the weak Staal goal in (although he shouldn't have been in that situation anyway). Tables are completely flipped and we fail to recover.

--> Wings display the pathetic PK we've come to expect this season and especially this post season.

--> Wings fail to capitalize on their chances.

--> Penguins clog up the middle of their zone, throwing tons of men in front of the net- lateral passes are very tough to make except along the blueline. Solution: shoot from the point and shoot often. Wings Solution: keep playing like normal and let them break up your offensive pressure and get an odd man rush going the other way.

Honestly, the Wings better feel pretty f***in' embarrassed right now.

I can't believe they let the Pens get their confidence back. Now all the Pens feel like they can score, win and have their mojo back. Us? We look like f***in' amateur hour out there.

These last two games have to be the worst 120 mins I've seen the Wings play all postseason.

I'm just praying Babs can slap them in the face and make them play like the Detroit Red Wings.

Ugh - I hear you on that last point loud and clear. I cannot wrap my head around their complete inability to grasp the concept of shooting instead of making that 3rd or 4th pass across the blue line. They let their zone set up and by the time whatever Wing decides to fire a shot it either gets smothered immediately (leading to the odd mad rushes you mentioned) or stopped before coming close tothe vicinity of their goal mouth.

They are playing as if there are shooting lanes that ar going to be open when playing 5 on 5. Which isn't the case.

I'm not that worried. Sure, would have been nice to come home with 3-1 but admittedly, this year's Penguins are improved and have a bit of experience under their belt. No need to panic, it's not as if we are down in the series. Even when we were down 2-1 to the Ducks, we found a way to win it in 7. If we keep up this pattern, everyone holds serve in their own building, we'll win in 7 ... I can live with that.