#21 catbox_9

catbox_9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (wiszo1mt @ June 4, 2009 - 08:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like kenny said "it is not a series until someone wins one on the road"

Then this is no series because that's not happening (well, maybe in game 6).
Coming soon: A better signature

#22 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (wiszo1mt @ June 4, 2009 - 10:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like kenny said "it is not a series until someone wins one on the road"

So if the Pens win game 7 on the road, that means that the series has begun?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#23 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

Call me crazy but I never think it is a good idea to mess up lines. The Wings seem to be more concerned about Crosby not scoring then scoring themselves. We need to get back to OUR game which is to control the puck and quit this chip in and chase hockey that is not working. Sure we are getting alot of shots but very few are good scoring chances.

Next game wins.

#24 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (marcaractac @ June 4, 2009 - 11:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going back to the Mellon for game 6, we will definitely need Dats back. But as long as they can tighten up defensively, stop with all the turnovers, and kill a penalty every once and a while they'll be fine.

Having the Kronwall and Stuart we saw in the Chicago series would be swell as well, of course.

You know what f*** this moron PAVELf****** Dtsyuk, what is the point of him coming back now the team is demoralized tired and f***ed, "trust your legs to Pavel the great" he can't win by himself, he was needed today in game 4 not tomorrow not suturday, i wish him to recover and play well golf.

#25 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

Osgood played well. On three of the goals (maybe the 4th, didn't see it) he was left high and dry by the defense.

Knowing this team, they'll rebound in game 5, and take it to them in game 6. It will end there.

Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#26 elriqo28

elriqo28

head tap!

• PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

OURSELVES implies you are part of the Detroit Red Wings team. Please identify yourself. The wings sucked it up big time. Slow skating, lazy passes, constant dump ins, not driving the net, sloppy D, way too many turnovers directly resulting in odd man rushes or flat out break aways. The only good thing I saw was Ozzie coming up with a few huge saves on breakaways. THEY need to change something quick, or wake the "F" up and start playing like the actuallly want to win. Especially Hossa. Didn't he come to Detroit to WIN a cup? I realize he plays hard, but so do Crosbitch and Malktard and they are finding ways to contribute. Not giving anything to them, I hate them both, but they are playing more like a team destined to win a cup, not the Wings. Step The F**K up and PLAY WINGS!!!!

#27 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (redwashington2000 @ June 4, 2009 - 11:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what f*** this moron PAVELf****** Dtsyuk, what is the point of him coming back now the team is demoralized tired and f***ed, "trust your legs to Pavel the great" he can't win by himself, he was needed today in game 4 not tomorrow not suturday, i wish him to recover and play well golf.

The hell is wrong with you?

They're missing the reigning Selke winner, and finalist for this year's Hart, Selke, Lady Byng and Pearson trophies. You think that doesn't mess with them a bit? You think missing one of the great shutdown forwards in the game doesn't hurt them?

Are you seriously telling me that he would have chosen to sit if there was a ghost of a chance he could contribute?

Get. OUT. thumbdown.gif
Posted Image

#28 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

Datsyuk"I will play I will do I will ....... "gof****** drink some beer, at least he should of keep quite and not make so much noise with his return. He will get tired like a dog in 20 min, may be will get hit again overall he will be invisible "trust my balls"

#29 zata20

zata20

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Nah, I blame a certain somebody on this board that said if Pavel didn't play tonight, the Wings would lose. Bad JuJu. tongue.gif

#30 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (redwashington2000 @ June 4, 2009 - 11:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Datsyuk"I will play I will do I will ....... "gof****** drink some beer, at least he should of keep quite and not make so much noise with his return. He will get tired like a dog in 20 min, may be will get hit again overall he will be invisible "trust my balls"

What noise was he making? Clearly the all-powerful redwashington2000 knows something I don't, because all I've seen from #13 is "I want to play".

Welcome to the ignore list.
Posted Image

#31 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

Malkin is a hart finalist also

malkin > datsyuk this post season all around (even before this round)

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#32 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Casey @ June 4, 2009 - 11:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hell is wrong with you?

They're missing the reigning Selke winner, and finalist for this year's Hart, Selke, Lady Byng and Pearson trophies. You think that doesn't mess with them a bit? You think missing one of the great shutdown forwards in the game doesn't hurt them?

Are you seriously telling me that he would have chosen to sit if there was a ghost of a chance he could contribute?

Get. OUT. thumbdown.gif

If he did not play today how better he will be in 2 days??? Dont fool yourself, this s*** ladyf****** bing or bong and all hardware a good on the shelves not on the ice, belive me at least 25 to 30 % from both teams are playing with diferent types of inguries. He was suposed to be on the ice even at 50%.

#33 TCbrizz

TCbrizz

Helmtastic

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

I for one am sick and tired of the "we suck we're done might as well go home now" crap i'm seeing everywhere here. so much so that I think I may just have to turn the computer off until after we win on Saturday night to take back the lead.

None of you actually expected this to be easy, did you? without our best player? I fully expected to lose both of these games, but hoped we could somehow steal one. the beauty is that we don't HAVE to win one there...but they HAVE to win one at the Joe....and I don't see it happening. I called it at the start and i'll say it again - Wings in 7 w/ no road wins. I think we win Sat handily with Pavel back and freeing up the Zetts line to do some damage, and Hossa will release his fury finally. 5-2.

Until then, I think i'll let y'all whine about how the series is over and continue the sandiest ****** competition going on here.

#34 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (flip @ June 4, 2009 - 11:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Wings did one thing wrong tonight: they gave up a shorthanded goal.

The Wings did more than one thing wrong tonight. Our powerplay this series has been as good as Sidney Crosbys beard.

#35 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

The Pens' forecheck is quite something. I just wish we had a better handle on how much that's contributing to the Wings' turnovers.

#36 Mikeal

Mikeal

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

We passed for crap. Worst passing game of the year.

#37 Crodley1

Crodley1

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

Yup, we gotta give a lot of credit to Pittsburgh, on top of us playing poorly. The very nice tic tac toe of Pittsburgh's 4th goal was a sight to see. (I hated seeing it, but it WAS good)

Let's hope we pick up our game considerably Saturday.

#38 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Casey @ June 4, 2009 - 11:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What noise was he making? Clearly the all-powerful redwashington2000 knows something I don't, because all I've seen from #13 is "I want to play".

Welcome to the ignore list.

you are ignoring facts, he will not make a diference it is to late, Pens are in the grove, they will hit Dats any time he has the puck he WIL NOT MAKE ANY DIFERENCE the diference is in the team play don't wait for Dats to score 4 goals next game. He gave a hope to the team saying that he probably will play.

#39 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (flip @ June 4, 2009 - 11:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I'll start to worry if we drop Game 5. We had how many shots tonight? 40? Against a goalie who can be incredibly flaky, especially on the road. The Wings did one thing wrong tonight: they gave up a shorthanded goal. That gives a team unparalleled momentum, and the Pens rode it to a quick two-goal lead. If that goal doesn't happen, their do the other two.

Datsyuk will be back for Game 5, which will give the team a huge boost. I think the Wings head back to Pittsburgh with a 3-2 series lead. We'll see what happens from there.

One point to improve upon, excluding penalty killing, is to not giving the puck up at the blueline. It led to two goals (maybe three, I turned the game off and didn't see Kennedy's).

This is a highly composed, highly experienced, highly talented team that faced a similar situation against the Ducks and responded well.

Alot were form the outside. You can shoot all day from there.

Posted Image

#40 Hito

Hito

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

This is exactly what I feared after watching the first two games. The Wings look tired out there, and it's leading to mistakes. The only reason we aren't out in 4 is because Ozzie stood on his head and Fleury played like crap for 2 games. They aren't winning the battles and are making lazy passes, resulting in too many golden opportunities for the Pens. In the ffensive zone, they have looked disorganized and unable to really get going for more than the occasional short strech of game. Playing 20-30 minutes a night just isn't going to cut it.

I see us dropping game 5 much as these last two, game six will be a toss up as we will have had 2 days of rest going into it. On their home ice, smelling blood, and hungry after last year I don't like our chances. Being worn down by the Ducks and losing Dats is looking like just too big of a hurdle to overcome.

Unless Ozzie puts in a tremendous performance for a couple of games (maybe), or our offense suddenly takes off (unlikely), or the Pens suddenly choke (more unlikely), it's looking to me like the Pens in 6. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can take it to a winner take all game seven, but I just don't see the wings, as they have played this series, pulling this out. Still a good run (although I feel sorry for Hossa).

Prove me wrong boys.